Looking for insight - Gear for Air archer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GMDavros, Nov 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

I'm still loving the air shield build and would like to obtain high quality armor & bow to support it. I guess I'm looking for input on the best way to optimize these. I've heard both leather and cloth armor can do both, but each to varying degrees.

I'm partial to cloth, (because of the patterns i use) but am not against leather.

Fenris

2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Bone armor should be considered as well! It offers both Str and Dex possibilities, which will pump up your damage numbers both in raw power and Dexterity crit chances!

I usually also recommend cloth gloves, and Fustian would be the best option for an air archer, both because of how high fizzle can be on gloves, but also because an air archer will appreciate the extra focus.

All in all, gem for Air attunement, aim for 300+ dex, and 200+ Str if you can, and you should be good to go!

Sara Dreygon, Jaesun and Dhanas like this.
  3. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

Oh ya! forgot about Bone. That's a great idea. I'd have to treat it as leather as far as patterns go. I'm shooting for 300 dex. But i'd also like to keep my focus as pumped up as possible too. Seems like maybe a bone chest and fustian cloth everything else.

Gemmed and enchanted of course.

Would this be optimal?

Fenris

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I'm partial to cloth because of fizzle.

5. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Maybe get both your chest and legs Bone, since those are the main stat enchants (1 piece is worth two of the gloves/chest/boots in terms of Enchants/MWs). I would go for Constantan Bone for the combined weapon damage + focus too.

6. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

Violette, how far away would a cloth solution be from a bone one in terms of focus/dex improvement? Damage bonus is a plus, but might be secondary to fizzle.

Fenris

7. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I liked leather for Dodge and Dex. Cloth helm, but mostly because my one and only ever cabalist hood drop was an Indigno hood. Though, the Int one might be better.

8. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Leather bandit set has dex bonus on the boot gloves and legs.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  9. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

The main difference between bone and cloth is the fact that Cloth will be hard to make with Dex+Str, meanwhile bone will offer an easy Dex+Str combo along with weapon damage and focus as a base, instead of only focus from Fustian (dont waste beetles for an archer set...)

It honestly depends on what spells you plan to use, but try to use Cloth gloves boots and helm and bone for the chest and legs, if that doesnt work, drop the legs too, but unless you want to be casting air/death spells almost as frequently as you are shooting arrows, a little bit of fizzle should not matter.

Quick question though, what spells are you planning to use? Because any somewhat long duration spell (4-5 minutes +) you can just have on your alternate bar with an air staff/wands so you can buff up with those and switch to attack mode with your bow/crossbow, which eill negate pretty much all the fizzle you have, and if you do run that, you can use that bar when walking around for a stronger dash due to your air attuned wands/staff!

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I don't have any masterworking skill yet but all my cloth pieces are enchanted with strength and dexterity.

11. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Thats the thing, Enchants can give you anything, Masterworks are material specific, so Int for Cloth, Dex for Leather, and Strength or dex (not sure) for Bone. It is si.ply a matter of getting the most out of your possible bonuses!

Barugon likes this.
  12. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

bone is the same set of options as leather

Barugon likes this.
  13. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

And the Oop strikes again! Thanks for the precision!

14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Pretty much the reason that I worked it up first. Eventually I'll get some masterworking too.

Violette Dyonisys likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.