LUA requests

Discussion in 'Lua Discussions' started by Vladamir Begemot, Nov 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

• @Aetrion Reagent manager where you set the top up amount and when you go to the magic merchant you automatically buy that amount.
    • @John Gault post adventure loot sorter into pre set containers.

2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Chris and Aeryk like this.
  3. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I would love to see some clever peep create a window representing a potions wallet or bandolier when @Chris opens up access to Inventory data, UI, buttons etc.

Many Potions can be consumed when in combat and I don't have enough room on my utility bar for all I would like to have available - in an ideal world - not grumbling! and I quite embrace the current challenge to mount a limited consumables armoury and occasionally, when I have time, I can pop open my Inventory, go to my potions bag and consume what I need or want during the action.

But as we're discussing mods, I would really enjoy being able to click on a vial in a bar to consume or apply items such as poisons, healing and stamina, strength, and other buffing or resistive potions that can be used with weapons drawn and in combat.

Secondly, my eye sight is fine, but seeing what is up and what is expiring in those teeny-tiny buff icons in tbe top left is impossible for me. I either over buff as I can't see time remaining (or at a glance even if the buff is up) or I'm letting them elapse.

The simplest solution would seem to be a resize option, followed by a re position option, (I'd probably put critical ones over my glyph bar).

For me, perfection would be a bar or stack with a double column, the left showing buffs I have learned and are lit if they can be applied and the right showing status (active, inactive, not usable state) and time of buff remaining).

Easy to ask for such things when you have no clue how to create!!

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

And they can only be consumed from your utility hotbar when in combat mode. This is by design.

5. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Yes, another one of those restrictions that has made the game less appealing. I doubt they will allow addons to add additional bars or anything that similarly breaks the artificial restrictions placed on combat.

6. oplek

oplek Avatar

It's funny. Being able to script/event emotes was the very first post I made three years ago. It'd be interesting to finally see that come to fruition.

7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

An achievement system that we can crowd source the achievement list.

I don't need the devs to hand out XP or anything to feel cool. Just a boom when I achieve it.

devilcult and Browncoat Jayson like this.
  8. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Great idea. It would be cool if someone could add a lua dongle to the Character sheet, maybe an icon and a hover pop up showing these achievements in a list.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  9. Lained

Lained Avatar

Append basement or greenhouse to the message when sowing seeds would save having to manually create bounding boxes based on /loctrack.
    Code:
    Item (Carrot Plant Seed x20) removed from inventory. (Greenhouse)
    Edit: After watching the stream a variable to look up would also work.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  10. Aeryk

Aeryk Avatar

Would like to be able to read items from player's inventory, books, and/or letters, title and contents, for player run quests.

Astirian likes this.
  11. Archer

Archer Avatar

That would be one of the first things I would want to write, to keep a local Db of items kept up to date. It could also be useful for tracking your avatars "stock" levels i.e. track items used by spells and replenished by collecting.

Aeryk likes this.
  12. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

It would be great to have category filters to show or hide stuff in general inventory, but I think this would require Catnip to add another data class for things like alloying ores for completeness. Tabs goes so far, especially for consumables and crafting, but there are a number of useful levels below that which are tricky to sort or filter on.

A long term wishlist item for me would be the ability to hide locked items in inventory, primarily armour and weps and create equipment sets in labelled folder bags that stay in these bags when unequipped. Locked inventory items take up pages before other items if you have several equipment sets, and when you swap gear sets any tidy folders you had prior are emptied into the main inventory.

As an after thought.... I wonder if it will be possible to apply a local tag to an item (fire Mage set or Dance Party set for example), or maybe tag titanium and tin as 'alloys') and then sort on it or add to locked bag... is this possible in Lua at any point?

13. Griffler

Griffler Avatar

Adding the ability to name planters and adding that string to the plant/water/harvest message would work as well.

14. Lained

Lained Avatar

*stares at nearly 200 planters* no thanks, a simple variable of the growth multiplier based on the avatars current location would be sufficient. :)

15. Griffler

Griffler Avatar

LOL 200 planters.. point taken, but you may have more issues than naming convention. ;)

Lained likes this.
  16. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

i know its planned but my immediate wish-list revolves around buff/debuff information. i can hope for higher priority :) would love to be able to perform the below not only for yourself but for your current target and also for your party members.

- must have

• GetActiveBuffList()
    • GetActiveBuff() <- returns a structure of buff data including buff name, time remaining, player, specific details about the buff in its own structure (different depending on the buff)
    • GetActiveBuffName() <- alternative to returning a structure via GetActiveBuff()
    • GetActiveBuffTimeRemaining() <- again, alternative though returning a structure via GetActiveBuff() would allow for easier growth.

- conveniences

• OnBuffActivate() <- not necessarily needed as this can be derived by querying the list on interval. convenient though and maybe more efficient if built-in.
    • OnBuffExpire() <- same as activate
    • OnBuffUpdate() <- fires each buff update tick. again not necessary but a convenience function.
    • IsBuffActive() <- convenience function, can be derived from the list

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  17. Lained

Lained Avatar

1. Add a Dev & POT owner command to toggle zone wide reporting of fish catches.
    2. Include the fish length in the loot message.
      Code:
      [15/11/2019 14:38:28] D'Laein Lachlan gained an item (Trout 1.1) from fishing.
    3. Simple Lua script to update a top X list onscreen.
    4. Organise a fishing competition.
    5. Give out prizes.

Jaesun likes this.
  18. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

A "Costume Creator" window. Imagine the paper doll window, but a lot bigger and resizable.

Arrows to the left and right <- paper doll -> to scroll through your already saved costumes. Ideally this animates to the side, not just disappearing reappearing.

Save, name, and filter for costumes, with probably a drop down list for browsing.

An Equip button. Perhaps a slash command as well /costume Thor

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    Ostvel and Sulaene Moon like this.
  19. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I don't know if this was mentioned already (maybe even by me) but a calendar of events.

You can't post recurring events, it has to be every time, as recurring events that no longer exist eventually clutter all the existing calendars.

Date, time, description when creating it. Maybe even a thumbnail.

Users can set an alarm for themselves when they see an event they want to go to in the future.

Sulaene Moon likes this.
  20. Curt

Curt Avatar

For own inventory i would like to see possibility to add some new filters. For example a filter that only shows items i have gotten this session (its often them i want to move to containers)

For recipe book a way to affect sorting of the recipes so you can mare some as favourite for example (would also like to products in 3d when possible)

For scenes that is town's I would like a way to locate deco objects that is outside houses.
    This way could have a map filter that shows location of all tailor signs for example, giving a way to easier find the vendors you is after.
    A owner could place the right sign next to his vendor and that would make it easier for other to find it (with the map)

When as a buyer looking at a vendor would like a filter showing only the recipes I can learn.

In a scene would be good if somehow could add current location to a list that is saved (until leaves scene)
    And if you was near one of that locations could show something visual.
    "You is in a maze and use chalk to draw arrows"
    By making the list only known to the player self avoids graffiti

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.