For Crafters Town Residents

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elrond, Nov 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Greetings Avatars

Some of you may have noticed Crafters Town is going through a redesign procces . Im converting the town to empty row deeds only ( maybe few villages in the back ) . To achieve this fast some people need it to/will be evicted to create room for the new setup. I also had an alert running for a week in town daily message allerting residents to the upcoming changes. .. so if you got an alert about being evicted its probably because your row is in the area being developed.

This is the only reasonable way i can think of alerting residents ( besides the daily town message) ... mailing each one is not an option as id have to spend few days by the mail box.

So heres hoping youre maybe reading this message and have enough time to store your house or move to a new location in the newly developed area .

Why the changes ?

The addition of the empty row lots ...allows pot owners to create a more compact market ... fit more players ...offer a better shopping experience for potential buyers , less time wasted looking for stuff and faster load times for those with less powerful pc's...has lots of benefits with only one downside ...not everyone can afford an empty land token ...( something to aspire i guess in the future).

For those who are currently residing in Crafters Town if you see the empty rows approaching your location means its probably time to switch to the new design .

There were few complaints earlier in chat from people who have been evicted without notice ( justified ) so i decide to also , make this post here hoping more residents see it and take notice.

''If only pot owners could mail all the residents of their pots .''

See you all ingame .

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I really like the new look, can't wait to see the final result!

K1000, Sentinel2, Elrond and 2 others like this.
  3. Pavlitto

Pavlitto Avatar

4. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I love the new setup, the easiest shopping in novia. This should be the new model for merchant towns LOL.

5. Pifester

Pifester Bug Hunter

Yes, I like this setup

6. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo Avatar

Love the new look Elrond.
    Been doing the same myself.
    [​IMG]

7. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Sorry I came on a bit strong earlier Elrond, but I was annoyed at losing all the time (and money - both in game and COTOs) I'd spent setting up nice shops and suddenly having my bank over full of all the stuff - most of which won't go on an empty lot.

I've reclaimed a lot but I must admit I'm not a fan of the new layout - it has no character now just a big flat field (sorry but that's my view)

Other market towns have set up a discord server to ping vendors on for events, updates etc - maybe you should consider that.

Elrond likes this.
  8. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

I understand ....like i said ingame ..wish pot owners had better tools to quickly communicate with their residents fast . As for the setup looking flat ..its a market town ....but i also leave it to people to make it something to ponder on....so far i seen some very scary stuff ( in a good way ofc :) ) .

[​IMG]

9. Helverian

Helverian Avatar

I am not in your crafting town... But i think it can be best to combine both concepts. Like i see in the pictures below. A plaza in the middle and outside the normal shop buildings.

10. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

IMHO The new design is more confusing than anything - & no i'm not a resident.

You would think the "excel spreadsheet" design choice would be the most optimal, that's logical...
    And maybe on some levels its certainly more organized...

yet somehow, to me anyway, its a lot worse that way.

11. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Allow me to make it easier ...as you stand on the bridge youll see yellow lights ( means crafted gear ) , blue lights ( means rares clothing , weapons, deco) , green lights means consumables ( food,potions, scrolls )...rest is up to you to explore .

Meanwhile..would like to thank everyone for the great feedback received ingame and to those who are actively participating in this new market setup... we are up to almost 180 empty rows and growing .

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    Sentinel2, Anpu and CICI like this.
  12. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I loved the older town more for my own reasons... I am a stickler for high fantasy and the new town pull me out of that. I am glad though that you mentions the lights which will help some find things easier. I will have to check it out again once I get back to the game as it was till being worked on when I took leave.

Cheers.

K1000, Anpu, Barugon and 1 other person like this.
  13. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo Avatar

Popped into Crafters Town today.
    See Elrond has been busy :D
    Nice work!!
    [​IMG]

Elrond and Margaritte like this.
  14. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Thx...:)

To be honest i was a little bit worried , performance wise, i used alot of cubes in the new design ....but after having other people test the load time and if the area feels laggy ...it all checked out..same fast load times .... guess Chris really did alot of work in optimizing the game .... I remember running around 200 blocks of granite and my pc freezing now with 500 plus and its like theyre not even there .

Sentinel2, Anpu and Scooby Doo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.