Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Rend ignores Damage Resist

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Antrax Artek, Nov 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

11/16/2019 07:32
    Title: Rend ignores Damage Resist
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker?
    Details: Rend skill that wasn't supposed to be a piercing attack ignores damage resist. Made several tests with 130 DR against 10 DR and the damage is the same.
    Steps to Reproduce: Use rend on high dr target and very low dr target, the damage will be the same.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (4) System RAM: 16339
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 GPU RAM: 6052
    SotA.Win.64.1073.Date.11.07.19
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01b_template/New Heaven
    Area Display Name: New Heaven
    Loc: (78.3, 42.6, 213.2)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxOZXcgSGVhdmVufCg3OC4yOTIsIDQyLjY0OCwgMjEzLjIyMyl8KDAsIC0wLjcxLCAwLCAwLjcwNCl8LTg4LjM0NzR8MzkuMzUyODF8OS45NDg3NDE=

2. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

A long time ago Chris said this is expected. Believe he said something like once you're already cut armor shouldn't matter and that's it'd be weird if each spurt of blood got mitigated. There are some counters though if you check SOTAwiki.

Jaesun and Alley Oop like this.
  3. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

The curious part is how someone can apply with 100% chance 3 deep wounds to someone wearing a full plate armor even if the target dodges/blocks/parry the attack.

If we observe realism, swords, especially one handed, were not able to cut plate armors and therefore were used as a secondary weapon to end the enemies using the sharp tip, on the contrary, they have always proved to be an excellent weapon against light armor.

Ignoring realism and looking at the game, there is no mention nowhere, neither in the tooltip, nor in the game nor on the debuff or in the wiki that rend is a physical dot attack that ignores the armor.
    Otherwise all bludgeon attacks should ignore the armor because the blunt trauma caused by the bludgeon weapons is not something that the armor is able to block.

SotaWiki clearly says that it does physical damage, and without specific mention about the armor piercing like puncture and piercing shot it should be affected by damage resist.

It just sounds and looks like a bug.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    Dhanas likes this.
  4. krakenvarados

krakenvarados Avatar

io think is OP cause:
    1) ignores a full plate set..with no chance to glancing glow
    2) for remove the dot you need to spam Knight grace 3-4 time. for a dot of 1000+ total damage. and u can still remove all fire dot with a simply purify lol

5. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Everyone seems to be afraid of blades being OP in PVP. Knowing poles and archery (not counting magics) I find this funny.

Rend (a very high one) is the only thing that puts blades third... especially since so many PVPers seem to use the OP "let me fully heal myself every 1 second" life spec with OP +30 healing modifier lute. Keeping this healing in check with rend and festering is the only thing keeping the fights competitive (or whatever the opposite of competitive is based on my first try in FFE).

If rend sucked, we'd be back to blades players not fighting again like we had when death shield was broken.

Jason_M likes this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This is a bug that Chris said would be fixed.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If you are still receiving the effects of an attack after dodging then that's a bug. Previously, I was recieving stun and knock-back effects when dodging an attack, I bug reported it but I don't know if it was actually fixed.

Jaesun and Sara Dreygon like this.
  8. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Dodge should avoid everything, parry and glancings still apply damage so no.

9. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

You glanced that cut you have. You've parried that cut you have. Half of the damage from that cut you already have bleeding was mitigated by armor.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.