Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Certain POT Animals Don't Spawn (From Placement)

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Cypher Black, Nov 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

11/17/2019 07:26
    Title: POT Animals Don't Spawn (From Placement)
    Reproduction Rate: 100
    Blocker? Meh Annoying
    Details: The Pig, Reindeer, Tabby cat and Siamese cat do not spawn when placed.
    The Sheep, Doe and Turkey all spawn normally.
    After a time (more than 10 minutes, less than 30, the Siamese Cat spawned - I could not replicate this). After that, I tried placing the Siamese cat bowl item back in my inventory and replacing it. When I did this, it spawned instantly. However, I also tried picking up the Siamese cat, leaving the zone, returning and they placing. When I did this, the Siamese cat would spawn about 6 strides south of the bowl. I was able to replicate this. The cat would spawn, but not move.
    So I tried the same thing with the Reindeer, the Pig and the Tabby Cat. I picked them up into my inventory when I put them back down, they all spawned about six strides south AND now that they had respawned they felt free to move around.
    The 'Doe' goes in and out of 'attack' mode. The Turkey eats and eats and eats. None of the animals moves from where they are placed.
    I left the zone and returned. When I did that, all of the missing animals spawned upon my return. So the Pig, Reindeer and Tabby cat all spawned.
    None of the animals will move from their start locations. Even if I move far away, they do not move.
    I travelled away from the animals, well past the point where they 'vanish' and when I returned the Turkey, Tabby Cat and Sheep were all gone. The others were still there, but again, had not moved from their start location.
    Once again, I left the zone. When I returned the Turkey, Tabby cat and Sheep had returned.

Steps to Reproduce: Place carrot or milk bowl. No spawn.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 16337
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 GPU RAM: 2007
    SotA.QA.Win.64.888.Date.11.16.19
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/Whyte Roc
    Area Display Name: Whyte Roc
    Loc: (121.1, 38.0, 252.0)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfFdoeXRlIFJvY3woMTIxLjExOCwgMzguMDQsIDI1MS45OCl8KDAsIDAuMzMzLCAwLCAwLjk0Myl8NDI4Ljk0MTV8NDcuMjAwMzJ8Mi41MTEzNTk=

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    Jaesun likes this.
  2. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

I just tested one of every type and they all spawned for me on QA 888; Do you have more than one of any given type placed? Are they all placed close to each other?

I'll check in on this tomorrow and do some more testing.

3. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

Ok. Some new information: When I place them on the ground, they all spawn normally.

However, if I place them on a Darkstarr Paver (Giant) then there are issues.

Turkey: Did not spawn
    Deer: Did not spawn
    Pig: Spawned, but was offset (spawned about six strides south)
    Reindeer: Did not spawn
    Sheep: Did not spawn
    Tabby Cat: Spawned
    Siamese Cat: Spawned

Cypher Black

Jaesun likes this.
  4. Ravalox

Ok, I've been able to reproduce it to a degree. It appears to be random, I placed a pig on a DS Paver and it failed to appear on the second try, but appeared on the 1st and 3rd. also if the spawner is moved (the width of the spawner) to another location on the paver it works.

Created issue# 66066

Thanks for the extra testing!

5. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

I tried the new animals (Squirrel and Rabit). They have the same issue, if you leave the area, they vanish and do not come back.

11/20/2019 13:38
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 16337
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 GPU RAM: 2007
    SotA.QA.Win.64.889.Date.11.18.19
    Loc: (77.5, 38.0, 288.3)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfFdoeXRlIFJvY3woNzcuNTA1LCAzOC4wNCwgMjg4LjI1MSl8KDAsIDAuOTkxLCAwLCAwLjEzNyl8NTI0LjU3Mzl8MTguNzQyMTR8MS45Njk5OTk=

6. Ravalox

@Cypher Black could you check to see if you can still re-produce this on the live server now?

7. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

Try placing a deer/doe at this location on the darkstarr paver. (Doe spawns east of the location. Other times doe spawns as intended.)

Area: Whyte Roc (POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/Whyte Roc) Loc: (122.626, 38.04, 259.49) DBG: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfFdoeXRlIFJvY3woMTIyLjYyNiwgMzguMDQsIDI1OS40OSl8KDAsIC0wLjk4NiwgMCwgLTAuMTY4KXwtMTk4LjMzMTJ8MzIuNDI1Njl8Ni43NTE1MTI=

Then try placing at this location (On area just up the small incline just past the foot of the dock): (Doe spawns down near dock)

Area: Whyte Roc (POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/Whyte Roc) Loc: (132.176, 37.999, 263.608) DBG: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfFdoeXRlIFJvY3woMTMyLjE3NiwgMzcuOTk5LCAyNjMuNjA4KXwoMCwgMC43MTYsIDAsIDAuNjk4KXwtMjY4LjI4MTJ8MzAuMTAwNDh8Ni43NTE1MTI=

11/30/2019 19:06
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 32705
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.Win.64.1082.Date.11.28.19
    Loc: (122.3, 38.0, 261.2)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfFdoeXRlIFJvY3woMTIyLjMyMiwgMzguMDQsIDI2MS4yMDkpfCgwLCAtMC4yNTksIDAsIDAuOTY2KXwtMzg5LjkwNjN8MzguNzQ4NTZ8Ni43NTE1MTI=

8. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

Oh yeah, and Doe's/Deer do not stay spawned like the other animal spawners. ATOS said they might be missing a flag. Not sure if it has been fixed on for the test server yet or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.