1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Premium Currency (COTO's) Exchange within the ui (quality of life)

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by CICI, Nov 18, 2019.

?

COTO's Exchange within The ui

1. Yes

57.1%
  2. No

42.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CICI

CICI Avatar

A lot of players find it time consuming to buy or sell the premium Currency (COTO's).

Premium Currency (COTO's) Exchange within the ui is the answer.

This will add quality of life to the game and a quick way for players to buy and sell COTO's for gold!

Thank you for reading! =)

Updated 11/20/19
    How it works in other games!
    Albion Online
    [​IMG]
    Albion Online

Star Trek Online: Dilithium Market

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    Wilfred, Adam Crow, Jay Nord and 5 others like this.
  2. Katu

Katu Avatar

Cotos should be "No trade".

3. CICI

CICI Avatar

Not everyone has real life Cash to buy the premium currency
    Many MMO's have premium currency that can be sold for in game currency to other players this is just a better way of doing it

4. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Crowns at 1 click away...whats not to like ..

5. Fiero Nord

Fiero Nord Archived Account

Yes, please.

Colin MacKenzie likes this.
  6. Katu

Katu Avatar

Selling to other players is the problem. I'm fine with using gold to buy it, just buy it from the developers.

7. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Why? It's not like the game is fountaining these forth in loot, so that part of the supply is miniscule. The rest of the COTO supply out there, ultimately, already CAME from the developers.

Alleine Dragonfyre and CICI like this.
  8. Katu

Katu Avatar

Yes and now players are selling cheaper than developers. Almost half the price. Tell me, how is that good business for developers?

Synergy Blaize and Mac2 like this.
  9. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

the devs already got a cut from the vast majority of cotos in game. a tiny amount of cots come from loot. I don't know the numbers but a nice amount probably come from the sub so the devs got paid for them same as if you bought a coto pack.

devs would make less money if you could buy them from the devs in game with gold imo people would just buy gold via trade or grind for gold.

an in game market between players for cotos would be interesting to watch and play with I guess but its meh compared to other things I want worked on by the devs.

10. Katu

Katu Avatar

Check the forums, trade section. 50% cheaper than what developers sell, no matter where they got those, its clear that buying from players saves you a lot. Undercutting the devs.

Economy would be heathier if gold is drained out from the game ( buying cotos with gold, from the devs )

Just slap "no-trade" on cotos and game starts to feel a lot better, right away.

Sulaene Moon likes this.
  11. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

You keep on with this like all those coto's were magically created somewhere without the dev's getting a cut. What you're implying is that the devs need to get a cut of every single transaction where coto's change hands via RMT, even if they ALL READY HAVE.

I'll just say that if you think they need to get a cut out of every transaction, whether it generates new coto's or not, then I find that unethical. If people are offloading them for something less than they paid for them (in this case as much as 50% less), then they are either taking a loss on the ones they already bought (port has that money), or they are making a little money off of the ones OTHER people bought (port has that money too) from them in exchange for IGG. In both of these cases, port already has their money for the cotos that have been sold, so you can't undercut them because no new cotos are being generated here.

The smart thing, would be to look at all the cotos that have been bought (through port) and how many have been created through loot. If there is a discrepancy, then chase down the reason for the illegal cotos, and shut that down. Probably also shut down the ability to find them in loot as well, that way the only source for new ones is Port, and therefore, whether they are being sold player to player or not, there is no need to worry, as Port already has the money for them.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    Vladamir Begemot and Alley Oop like this.
  12. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

Catnip would make more money if they became no trade. Why not have them as no-trade? What would be the downside, that people have to buy them from Catnip rather than from Joe?
    Everyone wants more devs for RP/PvP events and to help create a bigger game faster, so why not have all cotos no-trade and only purchasable through Catnip?

Doesn't everyone want Catnip to succeed?

13. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

no, they would not. right now, the people that can afford to be crowns buy some for their own use and some to resell. the people that cannot afford to buy crowns use in game gold to buy them from those big spenders. if they're no trade, the people that can afford to buy crowns will only buy as many as they need for themselves, and the people who can't afford to buy crowns will be out of luck.

Mac2, Jaesun, Elrond and 1 other person like this.
  14. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

You can get cotos for as cheap as $9 & $10. Catnip can set up a vendor for people that would rather buy cotos using gold instead of real money.

15. CICI

CICI Avatar

a lot of players buy COTO's off the game website to sell for gold to buy off player vendors! like for crafting ect make it way ez more ppl will just buy off the website vs RMT

16. Katu

Katu Avatar

I bet my donkey here, that most of the cotos ingame, sit on handlfull players pockets. Its those resellers, RMT persons, who are here mostly to get somekind of profit IRL. They accuired those cotos, when they were cheap ( from other players ).

Yeah, how often you have bought 100$ item, just to put it for sale for 50$ rightaway?

Sulaene Moon likes this.
  17. CICI

CICI Avatar

Sadly will always be RMT within games million dollar plus industry!!! This is just one way most MMO's try and combat it.
    We need more players for new income for the game co to make more sales only can sell so much to the same players....

Adam Crow likes this.
  18. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

To be blunt I think you're wrong in your assumptions. I personally buy my cotos from the subscriptions and I also purchase them for gold from players.

I purchase many cotos in soltown every week from players. I bet most of these are coming from players subscriptions and from players buying cotos from the devs.

In fact they are labeled different, the ones found in game have value and the ones bought from the devs do not. Ive purchased 10's of thousands of cotos from players and not once have they been the kind found in game.

I don't purchase them to resell for gold or for cash. I mainly purchase them so players will buy them from the devs and support the game. I save them up and use them to buy houses, deco stuff etc. I'm not the only player doing this.

Restricting them all to be no trade would generate far less $ for the game.

CICI and Elrond like this.
  19. Katu

Katu Avatar

I never said they are from loot. Its almost impossible.
    Unless player really has a need to support the devs, they will not buy it from them.

You really think that all the Cotos on sold now, come from the subs?
    Even the most expensive seller, on trade forums, undercuts devs 25%.
    I remember reading message from Port, that stated that there is so much cotos in circulating, that they don't make sales ( as much as could be possible ). How could they, when most expensive RMT seller still gives huge amount more, for the same price.

It's very uncommon for premium currency to be tradeable.

20. CICI

CICI Avatar

most mmo's have it where you can sell it to other players lol @Katu

Adam Crow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.