1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

cotton bush reapers

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by that_shawn_guy, Oct 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

these would be the mimics for cotton bushes.

these little creatures would be especially good at tripping players and dodging melee attack.

2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

This sounds hilariously fun! Yes for me!

Loot could involve a few cotton, a chance a 0-2 beetles and some hoppers!

3. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

I'm in a creative mode, so...

maybe some dead beetles for loot. these would be an additional new item that would be used for fertilizer.

the back story would be the cotton reaper is created when a wood/plant spirit pulled life from the beetles into the plant. killing the beetles and producing the cotton reaper.

4. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Yes please.

More mimics of harvestable items please.

5. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Another easy answer would be Mandrake Mimics. Already somewhat humanoid in appearance. Could give Mandrake seeds as loot.

6. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

All awesome awesome awesome!

Mal Hari likes this.
  7. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

Just as a thought…why not make it that way that a large part of all “wild” resources are mimics and the resource lvl is defining their activity. So to say lvl 1-4 resource-mimics are not hungry and this way do not react that much if we are harvesting their bait, lvl 5-7 resource-mimics are slightly hungry and there is a chance that they will attack on harvesting and lvl 7-10 resource-mimics are hungry and most likely will attack.
    The mimics would e.g. consume the resources to create the bait and as this kind of luring is successful for the mimics they are quite everywhere in the wilderness.

There could be even added a “careful harvest” and a “aggressive harvest” skill to all harvesting trees to adjust the harvest to your play style. If you want the crafting exp you can carefully harvest the resources (slower) most of the time without a fight or you can instead harvest aggressive (faster) and this way sometimes even rage inactive mimics to get combat exp for fighting them.

Mandrake, onion or similar underground plants could have some kind of small underground mimic that is balancing the plant above their head and instead of just one mimic there is luring a larger group around the bait who shoot out together. For trees the tree stub we are ignoring could be the real mimic. For metals it could be the back of an stone elemental we are harvesting. For cotton or other bushes it could be spiders or octopuses who are forming with their legs the branches with the bait at the end of their legs.

Maybe the mimics could be even indirect attack able even before we touch them. E.g. area attacks will hurt the mimics and you do not have to get close and try to harvest but as a side effect a part of the resources is lost if combat is activated this way. This could be a viable option if mimics would e.g. normally cast webs or start rotation attacks on a non combat activation. Attacking them would be the easier mode while touching them and let them do the start would be the harder mode.

Mal Hari and Fister Magee like this.
  8. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

That would be too much for my view. I cant warm to the idea of a mimic alt chance for every harvest.

What this idea does remind me of though was the reaction damage (I forget the term) in crafting in (I think it was) EQ2. This was quite cool, from memory more advanced crafting and items had a risk of a kick back that caused damage to the crafter. You had to pay attention to minimise this risk and occasionally heal up on a lengthy crafting cycle.

This added a bit of risk and a mini game and I imagine an anti bot measure.

What might be cool is picking up on tbe idea of damage from harvesting higher level harvests, maybe a bite or a poison or a strength or stamina drain.. or some such... that could be avoided or countered so that harvesting was less mundane, we could use remedies, debuffs, low level healing and stamina pots and some such. This could even provide a market for low level pots that more experienced players now just junk.

Mal Hari likes this.
  9. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Blue Rose Isle, Crafters Town, Black Rock Cove
    More Mimics for EVERYTHING. I want to see door mimic's, node mimics of every kind.
    Hahaha nothing quite like a little healthy paranoia. However do NOT change the color of the cursor.

When they are hidden they should have the green color cursor like you can harvest them.
    Toss in some rust monsters while you're at it. They are terrifying.

Mal Hari likes this.
  10. Fiero Nord

Fiero Nord Archived Account

As someone that hates and avoids combat, I have to say no to mimics for resource gathering. Unless they are ONLY in very high level zones. There are very few places as it is where I can gather resources without having to fight something every 5 steps.

Mal Hari likes this.
  11. Mal Hari

Mal Hari Avatar

Yes for more creatures to smash lol:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.