Archer OP?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by krakenvarados, Nov 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krakenvarados

krakenvarados Avatar

crazy hits with physical shield, glancing glow, deflect and defensive stance x5 as 200-300-400 max 700 per shot. Is he crazy just for me? the archer deals more damage than any other melee tree
    he nerfed pve archer with air shield and shot loaded and upgraded the REAL ARCHER that uses abilities.
    ps:the archer was with a full bandit set rare

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    Dhanas likes this.
  2. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

Really? . . . . seriously . . . . really?

#1 Haven't archers been punished enough for me killing chris on stream in that big pvp roleplay event, back earlier this year?

#2 Archers SHOULD be the highest single target dps'er . . . we don't get stuns, knockdowns, roots, ground pound, whirlwind, plate armor, damage avoidance, damage resistance. Hit and run with good damage output has always been the only option for an archer in leather armor to be competitive in a traditional archer role.

3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I agree with close to everything you said, but you can't get plate armor? Is that a new thing, weapon restrictions dependant on armor? Is damage resistance and damage avoidance locked on light armor? Is root from the earth tree restricted too? You are saying that archers don't get many things, but I think that YOU locked yourself out of those things, just like my mage guildie doesnt use chain because he feels stupid, but that is simply personal restrictions, not actual gameplay restrictions...

I mean yeah, Archers should be the single target dps kings, and Im not sure why OP is complaining, but don't use false statements to counter argument, it doesn't help your cause.

As for OP, if you cant figure out a way to catch that archer and then cc lock him, GF, but many tools are available to catch and destroy an archer, be it root, body slam, the multiple stuns and knockdowns available in many of the trees, have you ever tried moon beams/whatever rays (in the sun tree) to give you an advantage after mezzing your opponent? Just try something else!

Chatele likes this.
  4. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

I don’t think people have caught on how powerful the Bandit armor set bonus is....

Common chest gives +40% weapon dmg (idk about rare)

Factoring that in with a crafted thiccccc boy bow with piercing/aimed shot- and maybe now with the new rapid shot dmg increase — ( + slipshots sash)

You could prob do some great single target imo

5. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

+40% weapon damage?! What the actual ****? Someone knocked his head and forgot to get it checked or what???

6. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Some crazy single target yeah, the difference is more noticeable in PVP, against mobs archer is kinda bad at the moment after the DR change but in PVP with bandit set makes holes, unmanageable except if you use 100 or more DR+shield and piercing can still hit really hard.

7. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I feel the same about blades. Ots the same DPS as all the other weapons, but has zero fluff to go with it like all the other ones do.

Mac2 likes this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Umm... sorry for my ignorance but what is Bandit armor?

OzzyOsbourne, Numa, Feeyo and 2 others like this.
  9. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Seems like the most op thing in the game right now?

But it is a new artifact set that drops in the new tartarus section.

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Great, more OP gear to prompt Chris to further nerf ranged skills.

11. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I dont think this is so much about bows as it is about the bandit armor, and for the pvp part, the changes to death shield.

12. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

Plate armor is heavy armor. From both a role-play/realism viewpoint, an archer has typically always worn leather, which is why the light armor skill tree should and does enhance an archer's skills with flurry, swiftness, etc. By being forced to wear plate armor, that totally negates any benefits from the light armor tree, which again, is supposed to be for archers and mages, with melee having heavy armor skills.
    I didn't use any false statements, the game as designed is for archers to use the light armor tree, which doesn't include plate. While yes, i can wear plate armor, it is at a very very severe penalty to do so. It would be the same as if melee was wearing cloth, totally wrong for the class.

OzzyOsbourne, Mishikal and Chatele like this.
  13. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

I do 1000 damage, they do 1000 damage... the only difference is they hit me 20 times without missing as I scratch and claw 40m of distance with engage, body slam, savage sash, fleet flute, wolf speed in an attempt to hit them a few times in a row... whilst they're popping off 1000 HP heals. I also heard someone say "hit and run" earlier which archers can do at the same time due to range... Having someone crit you for 1600 with a bow at 40m is rough - especially since getting to them is difficult when I've seen dash top 9 move rate. It does all the damage of swords without the whole pesky "getting hit" thing to worry about.

14. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Do you have a shield equipped when facing such archers?

Jikininki and Chatele like this.
  15. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Do sometimes however then have to hit them 6 times in a row then and it takes them an additional 15 seconds to kill me. Tradeoffs.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  16. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

That is the thing, it is YOUR vision of an archer! If you look back to our history, it isnt rare to find chainmail wearing archers in books or stuff. As for the armor trees, light armor offers dodge, movement speed and attack speed, while the heavy tree offers resistance and strength, so I doubt the two trees are really showing us a class path, they are simble offering us a choice : Do you want to be quick but fragile, or strong but slow. Ohh and you know what? Light armor offers dodge, which completely avoids damage, from arrows, SPELLS, and melee damage, nothing in the heavy tree allows for that, so it still has a very strong aspect to it. Light armor also offers movement speed, and in many instances movement speed is king.

So yes, I feel like saying that archers don't get those features is a flase statement, since it is your RP version of an archer that doesnt, and from what I gather in this thread, it is the OP bandit armor that should be nerfed!

Antrax Artek and Sara Dreygon like this.
  17. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

Bandit armor previously was like 450% uncommon/rare ect — Chris has already nerfed it lmao

margaritte and Sara Dreygon like this.
  18. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Holy ****... I mean I doubt even a FULL set of TOP TIER crafted armor can get ANYWHERE near that, so please, someone call for help for chris, his head is not ok, I repeat, Chris's head is NOT OK

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  19. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

that was bad math, not something he put in deliberately without realizing the impact of.

StarLord and Antrax Artek like this.
  20. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

450% was bad math, 45% as the current "fixed" rate, on ONE item, is still bad a full set of bronze plate or Hard leather can't reach that number, A FULL SET is weaker than ONE item, it is crazy still in it's current state...

StarLord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.