LUA requests

Discussion in 'Lua Discussions' started by Vladamir Begemot, Nov 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

I did mention that a few time since a year and im also planning to do one as soon as its possible, got all the idea made already

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  2. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Working through my list of stuff. Reminder that NEXT release is when I said I would have Lua ready and that doesn't include full blown GUI options, just the basics. I think I'm ahead of schedules but some of the requests I'm seeing here are trivial and others are nearly impossible and it probably isn't obvious to anyone but me. :/ One reminder, while I would love to add things like a "PlayEmote" function, that does send data to the server and that was for phase 2 or 3. PlayEmote sounds like a safe one for me to experiment on so I'll try and get that on the R73 list.

Next Up is a party interface....

3. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I don't know much about LUA and how it does stuff, but just going off "what I see addons in other games do" I'd want:
    • An inventory UI/filter fixer to help me sort stuff (at the moment, it often requires filtering by name 100 times since the inventory groupings are pretty broad)
    • A recipe book UI/filter/sorter to ...well, make it generally less crap all 'round, easily find teachables, easily find particular recipes, etc.
    • A quest journal UI/filter/sorter, as above.
    • (Once maps work) the ability to put custom map pins at points of interest and/or share pin sets like harvest nodes, quest locs, etc.
    • (Once maps work) The ability to make a mini-map that shows my character arrow navigating to said points of interest
    • Crafter's tools like recipe library, showing how many times you've crafted a particular item, recipe database to find missing bits that easily says where the recipe can be gotten (for buyable ones), base xp numbers, etc.
    Once the right...database doohickey thingamabobs are available for any of the above (I think Griffler called these "hooks" ...I really don't know anything about this) I am happy to be a data-acquisition-monkey to help bring these to fruition.

Ostvel, devilcult and Cordelayne like this.
  4. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I'm pretty certain folks realise this @Chris I wouldn't worry. This thread is more of a wishlist fantasy brain dump than what's expected, in the main.

As the extent of the capability becomes better appreciated I'm sure it will filter down to more pragmatic list, but I think its really cool that folks, IT competent and also compete numpties like me alike can chuck ideas into the mix and see what is cooked up.

Astirian and Chris like this.
  5. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

I want to know whenever an artifact has been rolled for by my group.

During large group fights, I am too busy to see what has been rolled for, so if an artifact comes up that I don't win, I may want to buy it from the player that got it.

devilcult likes this.
  6. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

I might be able to make that happen. let me see what I can do.

(I might need some help testing it in QA though)

7. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

I would like access to who I have hard targeted both for damage and for heals with their current and max health values so I can display them and know when I'm about to randomly start healing someone else instead of myself.

8. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

The current Shroud-API is very basic, but they included "onConsoleInput" and player.stats. Everything you see in your chat window, like loot drops or combat logs, and what depend on player.stats can be captured and brought to your attention.
    This request thread contains many things that are not able to made, yet. I would like to see more request we can do at the current stage of lua integration.

@Cypher Black and @Gwendolyn Obscuro requests are do-able at the current stage. They depend on what player sees in chat window or stats. So, if someone else has an idea that depend on messages in chat window or character stats, please post.
    Also we know the sender and receiver of a message, simple dialogs are also possible.

9. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

Well, I mean at least I know it has been proved demonstratable in other games/titles - As far as how SOTA integrates LUA depth I of course am not 100% certain...

10. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

I would like to know the damage given/damage taken. (I know there are programs for this already, but can Lua do it instead?)
    I would like to know experience gained since log-on, exp gained per minute.
    I would like to be advised when I have attenuated. (I would like attenuation removed, can Lua do that? :) )
    I would like to have easier access to emotes. I know we had asked for an emote bar a long time ago, is this something that Lua could do?

Cypher Black

11. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

And a reagent counter. I never know how many I have left.
    And for archers, maybe an arrow counter

12. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

I think spells have a tiny indicator on their glyph about which one of their reagents is the lowest, if that helps...

13. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

It's easy to lose track of in the heat of combat.

We'll come up with reagent trackers once we have inventory access (Chris has it on the list to give us access to).

14. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

request for some basic music and band information. these would ideally return song and synched song info for the player as well as for party members.

GetPlayerSong()
    GetPlayerSongPlayTimeLength()
    GetPlayerSongPlayTime()
    GetPlayerSongIsPlaying()
    GetPlayerSongIsSynched() <- returns true if players current song is set as synched

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  15. Toular

Toular Avatar

In addition to the above, a full music API that includes all of the "/play" command functionality. I would think not until phase 3 of LUA since playing music probably hits the server quite a bit.

I can already envision a LUA script that automatically sets up "the band members" with "plays" that match their available instruments for a specific song ... my fingers already want to work on that.

16. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

Dear Scripters

Please add a font sizer to your scripts so that players can edit the size to suit their needs.

Thanks!

Cypher Black

Daxxe Diggler, Anpu and Katu like this.
  17. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

I'll see what I can do for mine.

I've got a couple other things I want to get done first.

18. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

can we have a /lua channel? like /l /z and so on. So that the prompt reads lua: What is typed in this channel is only send to ShroudOnConsoleInput type/channel = lua

19. Justiciar

Justiciar Avatar

I would like the following:
    * Realworld time
    * Read-only access to hidden character attributes like "resistance to X".
    * Tell me where POT "X" is on the map.

Ostvel likes this.
  20. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I think you mean localized time (to your time zone)?

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.