Archer OP?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by krakenvarados, Nov 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

I think 45%+ is the SET bonus?

I could be wrong tho- meaning you’d have to wear every piece.

2. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

Actually that is inaccurate.
    I knew it would be 'balanced' when I saw the specs but it was not 450% it was 250%.
    I agree it was TOO MUCH. But I asked Chris about this and was told it was 'As intended' LOL
    Here is the screen shot of my armor before and after the 'balance'
    [​IMG]

Numa, StarLord, Anpu and 1 other person like this.
  3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

My gosh, say what you want, this is an OP piece of gear, especially after the enchants/MWs... this should not exist in the current balance of the game. This single item gives ALL physsical weapons close to 50% damage boost, this is not balanced for the current state of the game...

Boris Mondragon, Barugon and FrostII like this.
  4. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

If the armor is that OP, then just nerf the darn thing, and not the ARCHERS skills… I don't have the armor or the bow, so freaking leave the archer alone... EVERYTIME we get a darn boost, someone cries NERF.... so sick of it already....

5. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

Remember, the top photo is no longer in game.
    The bottom photo is what is currently there.
    After using the original set, I was VERY disappointed but after considering the result, I understand why it was changed.
    Wearing the set, I could kill Torc Dawl in less than 1 minute. (not able to do that before)
    The current set is good but not so 'out of the park' good that it should be changed any more.
    I like @Chatele am weary of the nerf hammer.
    (Test the effects before releasing any of this is the solution)

6. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Like I have said, not even an entire set of armor can reach 45% weapon damage increase, why would a single piece of armor allow that? Sure the set in its whole might be lackluster, but that one single piece, even after the fix, is probably the single best chest piece for all weapons, its ONLY flaw is the fact that you lose body slam and the Heavy tree passives, which is 100% outweighed by 45% weapon damage increase. Mix that chest piece with bronze, constantan or hard leather, and you could reach about 60% increase... come and tell me physical weapons needed such a boost, and come explain to me how fair that chest piece is for the rest of the chest pieces in our game? It makes no sense, that Items bonus is too OP...

7. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

I think that only applies to the FULL set of armor.
    (I have not checked that but I wear a full sect and it is enchanted also)

Girlsname likes this.
  8. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

Damn. I’ll admit I knew there was a 50 in there haha!

That’s a pretty sexy chest btw @Lesni >:)

9. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I just want to know when we'll be getting the 45% spell damage armor, (or you know - any - spelldamage armor) please and thank you. ;)

Dhanas, FrostII, Sara Dreygon and 2 others like this.
  10. Restless

Restless Avatar

This is the main piece here. Xen / Envy bows were nerfed, now bandity armor was added and not just replaces their previous state - it actually boosts it.

Violette, the goal of an archer is to kite while dmging in pvp. Using heavy armor will not get anyone the dex needed (with current in game mechanics) to crit enough or get anyone running fast enough to allow its use as an archer.

On top of this, as Mac pointed out - DS was recently nerfed. Once again using the giant nerf hammer. I remember @Chris saying on stream he was trying to move the pendulum a little (this was over a year ago) instead of making giant changes. Now with DS nerf and bandity gear - archery is back to ridiculous dps with archery spec and charged shot is getting 900 crits without spec. This is through shields with every single defensive buff possible (earth's embrace, ds, fortify defense, glancing, defensive stance) in heavy armor, playing a mage. Being melee against an archer would be utterly useless as Sara has mentioned.

To sum it up pvp is currently incredibly unbalanced. The solution is to nerf bandity gear to less than bronze weap dmg (because of the advantages afforded to it from light armor) and either boost dmg resistance effectiveness for players or add half the dmg mitigation back in to ds. I would prefer the DR since heavy is a pain to use as a mage but ds was previously too easy to get to high levels and a DR buff would also help melee players.

11. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

1st of all yes, boost damage resistance! Damage resistance is already balanced by the maximum absorption %, so why limit flat DR if mobs and players can hit for 300+ pretty easily (and mostly on average). This is something that I find stupid, I cant remember the max DR lvl, but it doesnt make sense...

Also, I understand that archers want dex, but they can still get a decent amount, and with the newly boosted strength modifier on some items, Strengrh is more useful than ever. Also, you only need the chest piece to reap the benefits from an armor class, so what stops you from getting a Leather/Bone chest piece, paired up with chain/plate rest, to get the light armor skills, and boosted DR from the rest of the armor? There are so many combinations, you can mix and match to reach a good balance.

Now maybe archers are now back to OP with the bandit armor, I mean it does look like that, but I think a Polearms guy could probably get as much benefit from it, so ai think the real issue is the bandit armor, not the archer class, honestly...

12. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Correct. It is clearly better than crafted gear. Everyone will eventually be wearing it. Right click delete current armor. No further nerf needed.

Violette Dyonisys and FrostII like this.
  13. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

There should really be more player feedback involved before new items are put into the game. There have been quite a few items that had to be nerfed that any regular player could have instantly identified as OP just by looking at them.

Xandra7 likes this.
  14. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Yup. Usually an OP item is identified the day it is released then remains in for weeks or even months. By that time everyone had spent considerable time farming it or significant gold buying it because it is necessary to be all you can be... that's when rage begins.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Getting +45% damage from a single piece of gear is way too much.

[edit] It also makes crafted armor essentially trash.

Mishikal and Xandra7 like this.
  16. Restless

Restless Avatar

@Chris

17. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

Archers are OP now?
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

FINALLY... OUR TIME HAS COME!

Chatele and Lesni like this.
  18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Well, I typically wear indestructible gear, so I'm far from OP.

Chatele and Mishikal like this.
  19. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

That's OK, they'll make some change that'll make archers even worse than they are now, and you'll be even further from OP. ;)

Cordelayne and Barugon like this.
  20. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Nahh, they will add heritage versions of artifacts in the crown shop, sold at 50$ a piece! (Could you imagine? That would be the day I quit :p)

I just hope they play it smart and only bring down the bandit gear, I can agree to it having A LITTLE more weapon damage than a normal piece (like 15% on a legendary if 9% is the max on a chest) but only because it can't offer more material bonuses!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.