1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

UPDATED: Customer Support and Shipping Updates

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Chris, Feb 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KnightFalz

KnightFalz Avatar

Specifying this lapse only affected less than 10% of your customers suggests it was at least as important to minimize the issue as express sorrow over it. You'd probably do well to follow the advice offered by another poster and hire a community manager as soon as funds allow, so as to improve the company's interaction with the players and other interested parties that visit the forums. SotA isn't really in a good place for missteps right now, even if felt to be minor.

Anyway, I am pleased to hear a new customer support person has been hired, and saddened to hear of and hope for the best of the one injured.

Kirthag likes this.
  2. Karrolanth

Karrolanth Avatar

And 10% isn't a tiny percentage, really. One in ten of their customers did not receive the items they paid for in good faith, in some cases many years ago.

At least there are signed maps available now, so yay for those people - although my pledge rewards did not include a signed map, so I don't know what the excuse is for my box still being AWOL after Support confirmed a year ago that it would be sent... and then confirmed again in January... but no response to my enquiries since then.

I just don't expect to receive it any more. It'll be a pleasant surprise, I guess, if it ever does turn up!

3. KnightFalz

KnightFalz Avatar

It's an enormous percentage, which makes the choice to mention it in terms other than sincere apology baffling.

Hopefully the Force will be with you or some such one day, and your box will finally arrive.

4. Tychicus

Tychicus Avatar

I still have trees growing in my house on the 2 & 3 floors. I have tried a few different times to submit a bug report but I can never been able to attach and send anything. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Anyway if someone can help me with getting the trees out of my house that would be great ! thanks

5. Lained

Lained Avatar

You'll need to upload images to an image host and link to them, though providing the location should be enough use the /loc command in chat to retrieve the player location in world coordinates.

6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

While in game, where this is happening, type /bug in the chat window. This will open your browser to the bug forum. Find the appropriate forum to post your report. Click New Post and paste. When you use /bug It automatically copies a bug form to your clipboard. Fill out the form.

7. StarLife

StarLife Avatar

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  8. Rat2

Rat2 Avatar

Has the new person started? Any idea what the support queue is like and how long it should take to get things through now?

9. Kirthag

Kirthag Avatar

*looks at mailbox.. again... and is disappointed.. again*

Hope will get it by xmas.

10. Shogunator

Shogunator Avatar

I haven't got my box yet either. :(

11. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

@Tychicus the following may help get the trees out of your house:

Contact the owner of the town where your house is located and ask him to go to your house with several Tree and Grass removers.
    Then while the town owner is there put your house in Property Manager storage. (You will find the property manager in the drop down list when you click the little stain glass window at the top right of the screen while playing the game.

Drag your house from the right side of the window when you click the word property manager. Drag it to the lft side in one of the storage slots. Unclaim your lot. Ask the town owner to put one of the Grass and Tree removers over the bothersome trees.
    Reclaim your lot . Now go to Property Manager and drag your house that is in storage on the left side of the box back to the right side in the proper place that has the name of the town and size of your lot. A message will appear and ask if you want to restore the house in that location. If that is where you live then say yes. You should not be bothered with trees growing in your house again.

12. Oracle Watcher

Oracle Watcher Avatar

Bzz new CS person started

*plays back recording of atos’ twitter*
    “Customer Service tickets for the last 60 days have been investigated and handled! We will be transitioning to a new system. If you have an older ticket you might need to resubmit once we are on the new ticket. New CS person starts today! Woot! #sota #SOTA2019

13. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Does this mean everything submitted WITHIN the last 60 days is complete already, and if we haven't seen the result we should resubmit?

Cordelayne and Jaesun like this.
  14. Shadoweaver

Shadoweaver Avatar

Never got my stuff either. I just updated my account and emailed support. By far the worst kickstarter project I have ever backed.

15. joehuddleston

joehuddleston Avatar

Still haven't received my box. I got screwed out of the phase 1 shipping because of that store bug, and ever since then I can't get Portalarium to reply.

16. moko

moko Avatar

Does that mean I need to resubmit my two or three year old mail that I never got my box?

17. Oracle Watcher

Oracle Watcher Avatar

Yes, if you mailed support more than 2 months ago and never got a response, send another support mail.

18. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Yes, we actually have a process now. I add you to a list and our CS person will contact you to verify an address and then ships it. She is shipping as of this morning. My dream is we get everyone left their box before Christmas.

19. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

Is there an updated contact address for those who are still pending?

20. joehuddleston

joehuddleston Avatar

How do I get on that list, please?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.