Black Sails, The New Dawn

Discussion in 'The Library' started by CatherineRose, Nov 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Captain Trinity, Captain Monkeysmack, Captatin Stu, Captain Alpha Fishsticks. loyal friend Arkah EMPstrike, all ye citizens of Dragomir Mori.
    It is with sad heart and troubled souls we gather today.

Captain Boris Mondragon is dead.

We plan to carry on the work our beloved leader, Captain Boris Mondragon, started many years ago. As you all know he was wounded during the last great battle in Luna City. During his attempt to recover from his wounds he went into the very dangerous area of The Rise to search for a strange key which when placed along with something which we have just found information about that would bring the final destruction of our known world of Novia or finally rid our land of the evil Obsidians.

Captain Boris accomplished much during his time in solo battle with the Elvin Citadel while in The Rise. He had located this key which he quickly sent by his black raven to Arkh EMPstrike who learned through his magic potions the secret this key held. He returned the key to Captain Boris .

The evil Obsidians who have places of protection in the citital of the Elvin Holds informed me that our Captain Boris was killed and this key was retrieved. This is the message I received three days ago.

" Governor Duchess CatherineRose, Pirate Queen of the Black Sails, Pirate Fleet located at the dock in Dragomir Mori. I gladly inform you that not only did you lose the last battle in Luna City but you have met your final destruction this day in The Rise.

Your Captain Boris Mondragon has been killed.

The final piece to fit the instrument of your destruction, The Key, has been taken from Captain Boris.
    Your Captain Boris spoke these words as he took his last breath:

" Lady CatherineRose, Carry on, It is not over!"

"However, you are so foolish for it IS OVER! HaHa, You will hear my laughter throughout the entire world. I the great and mighty Lord of the Obsidians send you my deapest and overwhelming sympathy. Ha Ha ...IT HAS BEEN ACCOMPLISHED!"

"Please, my beloved friends and citizens, Captain Boris has breathed his last breath but he kept his word for it is not over. The obsidians retrieved the key just as the Obsidian Lord said. However, the information learned by Arkh was not sent to Captain Boris. According to Captain Boris's request the information on how to use the key has been kept safe in the mind of Arkah."

We will continue Captain Boris's work. With this information we will destroy all the evil Obsidians and bring peace to our lands.
    The Black Sails will begin to sail across the waters toward the city of Blood Bay to begin the next phase of our journey. This journey was begun by Captain Boris Mondragon many years ago. The evil Obsidians think that when our captain died his work would end.

However, it has just begun. His work is not dead.
    We will not stop until the evil Obsidians are dead and Peace is ours again!

We will sail toward Blood Bay at the dawn of tomorrow.

One Goal, One Body, One Voice

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  2. Drya

Drya Avatar

Boris is dead!?! *breaks down sobbing!* The Obsidians will come to rue this day!

3. Trinity

Trinity Avatar

"Was the body recovered?"
    "Will there be a burial at sea?"

"Can I have his..."

(Trinity reconsiders then says)

"Well, never mind..."

4. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Meanwhile in Brookside ...

I was very tired after the last fight with the obsidian cultists.
    Samael, who told me that he wanted to retire to his farm for a few weeks, invited me to follow him. And that's how I did it.

It was a great time. We worked daily in his garden and on his fields. He showed me the places he loved so much. Told me about his wife Muriel and his son and I really learned to like this foggy place ...
    We went for long walks during the day and sat by the fireplace in the evening telling stories.

From time to time, pigeons sent by Ariel came to tell the news and ask how we are doing.
    She explained about a kind of mission of Boris Mondragon, what she heard from Lady Catherine Rose. Nothing exactly.
    But she knew, if there would be anything wrong, she could call us.

And two days ago, a very good friend and a courageous soul knocked on the door.
    "Jude!" I yelled. "Nice to see you, come in". I hugged him tight.
    He smiled as Samael fetched a third cup and poured him fresh coffee. He also greeted him warmly. "It's nice you're visiting us, Jude.", Samael said, handing him a plate of freshly baked cake.
    Jude nodded. "Yes, I'm happy too to see you again, friends ..."

And the last two days have been full of friendly talk about so many things.
    And now we were sitting by the fire again, having just enjoyed a wonderful meal when a magical pigeon appeared.
    "Ah, look, Ariel's coming in.", Smirked Jude.
    Samael nodded and read the message from the pigeon. His smile disappeared suddenly.

"What is it?", Jude asked and we both sat up straight.

Samael shook his had. "I can't believe this!"

I swallowed. "WHAT, Samael, what happened?"
    He lowered his head briefly and looked at us through a mist of tears shortly thereafter.

"Boris is dead ..."

[... to be continued ...]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  5. Lily Byrd

Lily Byrd Avatar

Captain Violet Green's face went pale as her eyes narrowed. She read the small scroll in her bandaged right hand again and carefully set down the cup in her left hand.

"Mondragon is dead"

Setting the scroll on top of the mess of work in front of her on the desk, Violet called out, "Mr Arrow! Scallywag! Round up the crew. We sail with the tide tomorrow!

Violet drew a blank page from the stack and dipped her quill.

Dear Lily Byrd,

I won't be at tea this time. Give my apology and greeting to everyone.

Sis, I've heard the most awful news. I've gone to find out more.

Boris Mondragon is dead.

I don't believe it. Can it be true? I don't believe it.

Love you. I'm sailing to find the fleet and help. I'm sure there will be chaos. Boris, dead? I don't believe it.

Give my love to Uncle Owain,

Violet Green
    Captain of the SeaByrd

6. Paladin Michael

Meanwhile in Brookside ...

Jude took a deep breath after this kind of disclosure ...

I tried to say something - immediately the picture of Boris Mondragon in my head, smiling - I shaked my head, closed my eyes for a few seconds.
    "Samael, what is Ariel writing? What exactly happened?"

Samael rubbed his forehead and eyes, leaned back and started.
    "He was on a mission, as we knew. This mission was about the magic poisoning from the last battle. You know, what those Obsidian Cultists have done..."

I bit my lower lip. I knew EXACTLY what these creatures had done. Among other things, they had captured me and a form shaper had pretended to be me.
    My friends were surprised about "my" behavior ...

Luckily, the matter was resolved and I could be freed with the help of Adam Crow.

But what they had done to Boris was much worse. A deadly mixture should eliminate him.
    He managed to stop it, with help of Razulah, but it could not be completely eliminated!

Fortunately, Boris heard how to completely eradicate it.
    And this was the reason for his mission ...

We all know what terrible things they were capable of doing with living beings!
    The original Obsidians created the Elves and Satyrs as "warriors."
    They brought much suffering to this world, which they actually wanted to rearrange.
    But the legacy of the Obsidians came into the hands of those we called Obsidian Cultists ... or evil Obsidians ... or just the Obsidians ...
    And not aware of all the knowledge from the past, they were even more dangerous ...

And now, so close to the finish, should they have succeeded in killing Boris?
    I did not want to believe that!
    "Samael, Jude, I do not believe it until I see his dead body, and if so, they'll pay for what they've done - and if that's the last thing we need to do to show respect to a good man - and above all a friend ... "
    Jude nodded.
    Samael tried a smile. "Our paladin has woken up!" he said, raising his mug.
    "Not only him, I think!", answered Jude and also raised his mug.
    I smiled - if you could call it that - and said "Let's go to Blood Bay!".

After a few seconds, Jude added, "They may have the key, but they do not know how to use it, whatever they try, it might hurt themselves ..."
    "Yes, that's right, Jude, these magical artefacts can do a lot of unexpected things, as we know. So, friends, drink out, let's get our backpack and reach Graff Island to take a boat from there ..."

So we were where we didn't think to be so soon this morning: on our way to another adventure ...

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  7. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Arkah stumbled of on the black-ice enclosure feeling a bit dizzy as he slid the heavy chunk of black ice into the doorway to barricade it. He handed Xalia the Quarrentine master explicit instructions not to let anyone inside without a protective mask, as the entity seemed to be affecting birds in the area now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He made his way down to the mailbox carrying copies of his latest research reports to mail to Crazy Teeka, a fellow research in the same research district of Ordinis Mortis, and noticed as he was putting the report sinto the box that there was a letter from Cathrine Rose inside.

Arkah read the letter and raised a brow. Of course he would be deeply concerned at the loss of Captain Boris, being one of the foremost in the push against the Ebon Dawn and Obsidian reformation, but instead he was skeptical. Arkah rubbed his chin and pondered. While something likely DID happen to Boris, it was not in his wheelhouse to be captured and killed in a place like the Rise. If anything he would expect Boris to eventually die at sea.

Arkah turned over to the next page and found the note left by the supposed killer. Not particularly a source one should trust without investigation.
    "Don't Let anyone inside!" He yelled back at Xalia as he pouched the parchment from Cathrine and boarded a ferry to Paxlair. He recalled the key he had experimented with in the quarantined area, and its effect on the gas. As the boat swayed on the waves tward the mainland, Arkah strummed a gentle and inquisitive tune on his Lute as he began weighing the possibility of needing that Key or artifact or whatever it was to extinguish this anomaly in Caelestis Canton before it got out of control.

"I'll just have to try to kill 2 birds with 1 stone." He muttered as they approached the docks of Paxlair.

8. Paladin Michael

Graff Island

The breeze of the water surrounded our face.
    We took deep breaths. It was a wonderful healthy air!

As we arrived, Samael talked to Graff himself. A good person who repaired the meaningful ring of Samael ...

While waiting for him outside a tavern, we suddenly heard a well known voice...

Chatter ... laughter ...

"Believe it or not! But that's the way it worked! It was ME who translated that ghostly glibber to prevent the next Novian Undead flood!"
    Someone cried "Yes, and I assume, YOU was the one who destroyed the Obsidians in the past!"

Loud laughter ...

Again the other voice, not impressed from the intention to insult him: "Well, good man! You're right. Believe it, I would have been the guy, if I had been born just a few hundred years earlier!"
    Very loud laughter from inside the tavern.

Jude smiled.
    And me too, while I was shaking my head.
    "Can it be, Jude?", I asked.
    "I assume, it can ...", Jude answered.
    Samael came by. "How is the coffee?"
    At this moment another laughter came out of the tavern.
    "Oh, they seem to be in a good mood, who likes to entertain them so well?" Samael asked.
    "Let's have a look inside, Samael, it might be interesting ...", Jude said and winked at me.

Samael stepped unsuspectingly into the tavern while Jude and I quietly followed in the background.

Surrounded by the crowd of cheerful people, we only saw the speaker's back.
    Than his loud voice started again: "Let me say one thing to the conclusion: I was significantly involved in repelling the last Obsidian attack!"
    As he spoke and turned around, Samael stopped in motion.
    "Kardan Marbane ..." he said surprised, while Kardan showed his best smile ...

"Samael! Good old friend! Exactly the man we need to confirm my stories. We fought side by side!"
    The crowd turned to inspect the newcomer - Samael was no stranger here!
    Samael turned around briefly and rolled his eyes while Jude and I could not help laughing ...

Kardan followed Samael's gaze and came closer.
    "Jude and Michael! Coming here to listen to my tales! What a pleasure! Sit down, I just wanted to tell about our last adventure!"
    "Another round for everyone at the expense of my best and generous friend Samael!", Kardan yelled ...
    Samael grimaced in our direction. "You knew and sent me in here!"
    Jude and I smiled. Who knows when we would have something to enjoy next time ...

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  9. Violet Green

Violet Green Avatar

After returning to the SeaByrd from her walk down the pier to mail the scroll to Captain Mondragon's First-Mate, Captain Violet Green stowed her gear then made herself useful. So useful that she didn't have to think about losing yet another pirate to these Obsidian nightmares. Her husband's brutal death and the loss of the entire crew at the hands of Obsidian Cultists had been something that continued to haunt Violet. Now Mondragon's apparent death appeared to be connected to the same Obsidian Cultists?

It was more than she could bear. There were few men who caught Violet's eye, and it took many a year after the death of her beloved before she even looked into the eyes of another person. Boris was one who tied her tongue and made her flush at the merest glance. She was certain he was a scoundrel and he was not someone she wanted in her bed but it was not entirely her mind that reacted to the man. And he didn't notice her though he did notice many of the beautiful and accomplished women she had met. All the same, he would be missed. His leadership and guidance fighting against this menace was inspiring. His presence WAS formidable. It was time to go to Blood Bay and see what she and her vessel could do to help the effort to stop the Cultists.

Violet shook her head and resumed coiling the rope she had picked up during her musing with a grim set to her mouth and a worried look in each of the corners of her eye. Eventually alone on the Poop Deck, there was nothing to hold her grief and the wind took some, to her relief.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  10. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

2 Days ago - A hidden house in Resolute.

For days Boris would depart Resolute and under the cover of darkness enter the Rise from a secret hidden entrance. A few people in that town knew who he was and were well paid to keep their mouths shut. He contributed large amounts of gold that not only kept that town in good finances but also was delivered by discreet means to all the orphanages and widows in Novia. This and the extinction of the Obsidian plague were his two objectives. Then her met this incredible woman called Laura Fleetfoot.

She was known for her quick daggers and a vast network of spies and traffickers. If anything moved in Novia she had something to do with it. He met her in a discreet bar in Resolute and liked what he saw. A caramel completed blonde with fiery green eyes. He heard her bark orders to two men who hurriedly took care of a couple of unruly patrons. Boris signaled to the serving woman to come over to his table and then ordered a bottle of rum and a drink for the attractive woman who was looking over the patrons. The bottle of rum arrived at his table and a drink was taken to the woman who scanned the bar again to see who was bold enough to send her a drink. She noticed Boris smiling at her and waving his rum bottle while pointing at the empty chair on his table.

Laura walked over to him and in a brief second had two daggers out, one at his throat and the other pressed against his chest.

"Who are you and how dare you buy me a drink like I am some common wench, Speak fast man, you have a few seconds before they carry your dead carcass out of my establishment"

Boris just looked her up and down slowly and smiled again not even concerned then with quick movements from his hands her took her hands off his throat and chest, pressed the daggers onto the table and asked her to take a seat.

"Name is Captain Boris Mondragon" Boris said it loud enough to be heard by all. Some of the patrons left in a hurry and some stayed behind to see what would happen.

A soft hush was heard in the tavern as everyone stopped what they were doing once the name rang out and echoed.

"A shame you would kill me as there is much gold and pleasure that can be had if we join forces".

Laura's eyes flashed with anger yet her hands were pressed against the table by Boris. She calmed down and he let go of her hands and again pointed to the chair.

The conversation went on for hours until just before dawn. They agreed to meet and coordinate their future business arrangements, Boris smiled once more and walked out to the blacksmith shop and his private room there. He awoke startled in the late afternoon as he found Laura sitting on a chair next to his bed with a hot beverage and a packed pipe in her hand.

"How did you find me?"

"I think we have business to tend to, I believe in action not words pirate. My spies know where you live, what you drink and smoke and what carnal pleasures you prefer." She was all business and that is what was needed. as time was of the essence and Boris needed to go back into the Rise again.

Laura stood up and clapped her hands then a man who looked very similar to Boris walked in.

"I will be quick and to the point, this is my brother Marcelo Fleetfoot. " The man did bear a striking resemblance to Boris yet he was not sure why this woman brought her brother into his room.

"I am Marcelo Fleetfoot. Our parents were killed by those dreaded elves in the Rise as they travelled from Resolute to the fields near Superstition Canyon to gather herbs. I have but hours to live and am only alive due to my sister's potions. You must take me to the Rise and I know you can get me in there. I must seek out revenge as my last act while my heart still beats".

Boris rose from the bed and walked over to the water basin to wash his face. He glanced at Laura who blushed at the fact the pirate was naked and looked away. He donned his armor which was identical to that Marcelo was wearing.

"So what do I get in return for taking your brother to certain death".

"Pirate, he is a dead man walking and just wants his last with granted. To die with honor avenging our parents. I will give you anything you want in return". She stepped towards him and smiled.

"I will take him in there. When and if either of us returns I want to set up a way to traffic and fence what I obtain in the Rise. The movement needs it go stop the Obsidian threat".

"I thought you might want something else in return pirate" She smiled at him while looking him up and down as a predator would her prey before devouring it.

"We can go over other "arrangements" upon my return.

Under the cover of night two men departed Resolute and entered the Rise. The men moved in the shadows with Boris leading the way.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  11. Paladin Michael

Graff Island, one hour after the day of our arrival

After Kardan found time to sit down (because he was hungry and -well- talking makes thursty) he was in the position to listen - while he was chewing ...
    So Samael told him what happened before ...

Kardan was a funny and boastful guy - no doubt. But when it came to something, he was a faithful soul ...

He looked around and then closed his eyes for a moment. "Well, a short prayer can never hurt, unfortunately we are still too far away to say more."
    He grabbed a meat loaf and bit hard. "You know, such sadnesses always make me twice as hungry ..."
    Chewing, he added, "And with a smasher like Boris, I'm twice as sad as normal ..."

"Not to be overlooked, Kardan," said Jude, running his hand over his lips to bring them back to a serious position.

After two more meat loafs, Kardan went on sadly, "Really, guys, I'm sad, Boris was still a real man, one of those who could live up to it!
    One who knew how to enjoy his life, but also to get involved, if one man needed help - and especially a woman ... what do I say! Not just one woman - he loved them all!"
    Kardan laughed in his own way. The funny thing about him was, you could not be angry with him. He was a sympathetic guy who just sometimes spoke too loftily and somewhat inappropriately ...

"Friends, I would have bet if he dies, there will be a woman involved ... at least one ... But not those stupid Obsidians! Oh - I would do anything to retrieve him from the dead and - probably in his case - walk to Necropolis!"

That was Samael's catchword. To get more serious again, Samael said:
    "Kardan, thanks for the noble words, but until we see him dead, let's save our grief, and if we find him in Blood Bay, and that's where both of us come into play, we can find out what happened, my faithful friend! "

Kardan froze for a moment, swallowing, choking, and quickly sipped some wine to clear his throat.
    "US? WE? ... what do you mean by WE, Samael?"

"I mean, we take you at your word: you would do ANYTHING, welcome to our round on the way to Blood Bay!"

"Blood Bay - me? Samael, you know exactly what a place it is, where the worst of the worst is at home, they kill you just because your face does not suit them, and there the Oracle can not protect us!"

Jude smiled briefly. "Kardan, you said you would even go to Necropolis to help him!"

"Yes, sure, DIRECTLY to Necropolis - with my body walking on my own feet, but not indirectly as a ghost, swaying when they slaughtered me in Blood Bay!
    I've talked to the dead all my life, and I have no intention of bringing that condition up so quickly to enjoy it for the rest of my life! - I mean, until the rest of my ... death ... oh my gosh! What cruel things are there on my lips. I would never again be able to enjoy this delicious food, this delicious wine ... no way!"

It was hard, not to laugh. But well, we knew, it was Kardan. I leaned over the table to Kardan and whispered so that only we at the table could hear it. "Look, the people around us have heard everything, after all the exploits you've listed, what should they think of you?"

Kardan, already at the next Meat loaf, swallowed and noticed only now that because of his loud voice, all in the room - quite unobtrusively, of course - had their ears on us ...

And Jude added quickly, also quietly, "Do not worry, all his friends are coming from all over Novia to Blood Bay! We are not alone and I personally will stay by your side to take care of you ..."

Kardan quickly picked up his mug, got up, and took his customary attitude of aloofness before loudly announcing after a spectacular laugh:
    "Who's afraid of the damn bay? They will get to know us!
    One word, one man, to Blood Bay for the next heroic act! "

We lifted our mugs and everyone in the room did it ...
    Sometimes you have to defy the seriousness of life with humor. And with Kardan it was very easy ...

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  12. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Time continues and the gathering of pirates and sympathizers make their way across the land of Novia into the waters of Blood Bay. Listen each of you for you will hear songs sung as the travel begins.
    Come now and cross the sea today!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  13. Trinity

Trinity Avatar

::: on The Tempest docked in Port Dragomir :::

Although the night was clear and calm, there was turmoil in Trinity's stateroom.
    Trinity tossed and turned from her dreams and nightmares.
    "Captain Mondragon dead???"
    "Surely it is not true!"

Her words to CatherineRose were echoing in her dreams.

Her slumber took her mind into a deep sleep.
    In the distance she could see the outline of a figure that seemed to float in the air.
    The figure was cloaked by the fog so she started walking toward it.
    She soon saw, the figure was a person,
    "Boris?"
    "Is that you?"

As she walked toward the figure it began moving quickly away into the fog.
    Just as it was fading from sight she heard a familiar voice.

Trinity awoke with a start and sprang to her feet.
    She knew Boris has last been seen in The Rise and there is a portal to The Rise in Blood Bay.
    She grabbed her sword on the side table and ran on to the deck and shouted.

"Peg, cast off the ropes, full sails."
    "Set a course to Blood Bay!"

::: in Blood Bay west of Judges Watch :::

The crew was exhausted from the journey and Trinity ordered them to go below and rest.
    She alone would take the first watch of the night.

On the deck she kept watch with her telescope for approaching danger or other ships on the horizon.
    The blood red water was no match for the iridescent red glowing color of Trinity's hair.
    [​IMG]
    What did my dream mean?
    "Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated"
    Was Boris still alive?
    Only time will reveal the truth.

14. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

With an annoyed look on his face Adam sat and stared at the pile of mail on his desk. He picked up an envelope, tore it open and began to read. Like many of the others, it was a request for crafting materials. He placed the letter in an overflowing basket on the floor and muttered to himself, "another one." while letting out a long sigh. Just then the door to his office burst open and in walked Brady, one of his guards. He was carrying a large sack and walked right over to the desk with it. "Wait, don't..." but before Adam could finish his sentence Brady emptied the entire sack of mail onto the desk. Letters spilled off the desk, landing on the floor and on Adam's lap. Adam let out another sigh and sarcastically shouted, "Thanks a lot!"

Brady just stood there with a big grin on his face and replied, "Glad I could help boss! What did you expect, you've been gone for quite a while. "

"Can you just go finish those copper ingots please. "

"You know you hired me to be a guard, I don't remember anything being said about being a mailman or making any ingots...." Brady replied with a scowl.

"Well there isn't much to guard here in Novia Market is there. I can find someone else to do it if you'd rather not get paid today!"

"Getting right on it boss!" Brady said with a very fake looking smile as he quickly left to avoid getting any more work thrown his way.

Adam sifted through some of the mail on his lap and most of it looked similar to the letter he had just opened. He stood up and let the mail just fall to the floor and began to walk out of the room to have a drink. Before he made it out of his office he spotted a letter that looked much different then the others which had fallen near his feet. He bent over, snatched it up and quickly opened it.

He raised an eyebrow in disbelief and a large frown appeared on his face. Just then his guard captain Ithurel walked in and with a smirk and said, "More requests? You should have known this would happen after we were gone for so long..." his smirk quickly disappeared when Adam looked up from the letter with an enraged look in his eyes.

"Boris is supposedly dead. Go get Brady. All this will have to wait, we're heading to Blood Bay immediately!"

"Yes sir!" Ithurel nodded and headed out to find Brady at the crafting area.

Adam walked over to the shelf that he kept his equipment on and grabbed a couple of wands and an ankh. He hurriedly threw some supplies in a backpack and turned back to look at the pile of mail on his desk. He smiled for a second and then left the room, locking the office door behind him.

15. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Boris led Marcelo into the Rise form a secret entrance and for a second both men stopped to go over their strategy. Marcelo learned of the hand signals used by pirates in battle, how to use the natural shade offered by the walls and corridors of this Elven citadel and how to trick the elves into coming towards them at their advantage. Boris looked at the armor Marcelo wore and his curiosity could hold back any longer.

"I see the resemblance in our height. body type and facial appearance yet cannot understand why you want to look like my twin."

Marcelo looked at him with a smile uncommon to a man with only hours to live.

"Captain, my sister and I were small children when we were forced to witness our parents' execution. I vowed one day to avenge them yet grew up with this debilitating illness which will consume me. I am only able to be here with you until my sister's potion wears off then I will die. Help me die with honor. The appearance will lead the Elves to think you are dead and then you can carry on with your plan. Take care of my sister as she is all I have.".

Boris nodded and both men pushed ahead. They began with Boris sharpening his swords by scraping them on the Rise's walls. The elves inside knew this was the pirate's way of announcing himself with arrogance. This also made the elves come at them with rage yet that rage did not allow them to think well in the heat of battle. Boris thought of any possible advantage and that kept him alive in this foul citadel.

The first wave came at them as they neared the place the elves used as a dormitory. Many screams later the area was covered with elven corpses. Marcelo smiled at Boris who just winked at him as they pushed onward. Another area which was used for a kitchen by these foul elves was next and many more died in vain as both men slashed them to pieces without mercy. A loud growl was heard and both know it was an Ogre not far away. They neared the area, dispatched one lone elven archer who gurgled a few words before a longsword beheaded her. On came the Ogre. Marcelo attacked it first yet was slammed to the ground quickly by the beast. Boris had killed several of its kind before and stepped up to him. He slammed into him and rend him several times watching the beast try to swing at him to no avail. He finished him off with a Coup'd'grace as his sword entered the back of the Ogre's neck and protruded from his throat.

It was the Elven Mage Room next and again the tactic to pull a small group at a time worked perfectly. Onwards they went though a stair and passage to meet the place called the Dog Run. This was where Marcelo met his fate. Boris had defeated this elf fighter numerous times yet Marcelo insisted as this was the elf who had killed his parents. Boris knew the man was on his last breaths and allowed him to die in honor. Both man and elf grappled yet Marcelo fell to one knee from exhaustion and the elf ran his sword through his chest. Boris stepped in , and dispatched the elf fighter then going over to check on Marcelo. The man smiled at him as blood flowed freely from his chest.

"Thank you, I will tell the gods of this day when the Pirate King helped a man die with honor".

Boris tired to pick Marcelo's corpse from the ground as he was rushed by several archers. He grappled with several of them as he saw others take the corpse away through what looked like a hidden corridor. Bloodied from the arrows he pulled out of his chainmail the pirate exited the Rise and headed back to Resolute. He used the silent movement spell to mask both his exit from the Rise and entrance into Resolute. Boris made it back to the Blacksmith shop where he had the blacksmith summon both a healer and Laura Fleetfoot. He would return to the Rise again soon as his wounds mended yet this time it would not be business, it would be purely personal. He would destroy the Elven Citadel or die trying.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  16. Violet Green

Violet Green Avatar

17. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

As the day broke I again felt the urgency, to continue without stopping, to ready our area in Blood Bay where many of our Black Sails ships have gathered along with other of our friends all over Novia. There is more room for other ships as well as land dwellings as we prepare to avenge the death of our leader The most Honorable Boris Mondragon.

As others began to notify me that they wish to participate the construction engineers were working day and night as each place is made ready and secure against the evil Obsidians that will be coming with glee and joy in their eyes to see the the end of Captain Boris's life's work.

The evil Obsidians as well as the treacherous bandits in Blood Bay think that they will be a match for us. This will be the greatest battle in all of Novia. We will train our bodies and our minds.We will do what ever it takes to keep Captain Boris's life's goal alive and bring peace for all of Novia and the future generations.

The castle walls are complete now. The men are working on the Dungeon each day where the ammunition, food as well as the hospital that will be ready when the time comes.

"My heart is so full of sorrow at the lose of my leader that I am having so much difficulty concentrating. Yet, strength must remain. It can not falter at this time. When we succeed in this battle and peace again comes then there will be time for tears to flow over Captain Boris's death. Until then the sorrow in my heart will cause me to push forward into plans and strategies for our win."

"Snow, come! Swiftly take this message to Captain Trinity."

"Captain Trinity, The final group of the fleet of Black Sails are nearing the end of the repairs to their ships. They will be ready to sail first light in the morning. The trip may take a while longer than it did for the first of our ships due to strong winds in the sea at the present time. Streaks of brilliant pink reached with fingers out over the purple blue of this mornings sky. This indicates that the storms in the sea have begun. We will take the longer route and hope to arrive in three to five days time. Look for the black crow. He will land on The Tempest hours before the ships arrive."

When the ships have arrived we will meet in the War room of the Dungeon inside the castle walls and begin our strategy making for the battles to come. We will plan on studying every inch of Blood Bay. We will learn more of the people who live there as well as the meaning of the blood red waters that bring fire to the bodies of all who dare step into the water.

"My Lady, please lower the shades. I must rest for a time now. Wake me at the end of the guards second round of his watch."

As I drifted off into fitful sleep I could hear in the far distance "One Goal, One Body, One Voice."

Music began and I knew deep in my soul that we will be ready!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  18. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

After rolling downhill for what seemed like an eternity, Arkah landed just short of a volcanic vent spewing super heated gas from its red hot glowing crevices. Covered in black soot, he stood up and dusted himself off noticing he had landed in front of a ruin shrouded in swirling purple vapor. "oooOOoo" he excitedly cooed as he produced 2 sturdy iron-spiked clubs, "Golems!". He recognized immediatly a multitude of small crystaline structures on the ground indicative of Obsidian Golems lying in ambush. Arkah had done extensive research in this area on golems and he knew it very well. The purple vapor provided a sort of haven from Magic and made it near impossible for anyone desiring to sneak up on him undetected.

Forgetting for a moment why he came, Arkah relished in the joy he took from beating the golems into rubble he could take back to his lab. Stopping for a moment to take a breather, he saw someone. They weren't sneaking up on him like the normal brigands in the area like to do. This individual had many magic aura's about him and moved with purpose. Arkah stood quite visibly on top of a rock and watched the man run past him tward where he had just been hunting. "How did he not see me?" he said to himself, not being particularly quite but attempting to sneak around to follow the man behind the ruin anyways. Due to the difficulty of staying hidden near the ruin, Arkah moved along a volcanic vent to make his way around it just as he saw the jumble amalgamate of magic come running quickly towards him from a distance. Arkah drew his daggers and quickly doused them in Unicorn Blood, This attacker was an outlander like himself, and it was not likely Arkah would win this fight but maybe he could cause some damage.

The man almost ran past Arkah as thought he didnt even notice him as Arkah burst into flame from just being in proximity of the potent auras this individual shrouded himself in. Arkah quickly grabbed the man and jabbed his dagger into him, infecting him with the poison. This man was so doused with magic that not even the unicorn's blood could make much of a dent in it. After a short battle Arkah was defeated, kicked to the ground, and tossed over the edge of a nearby cliff.

After rolling downhill for what seemed like another eternity, Arkah passed out from his injuries. After a good while he awoke in a bit of a daze, looking up at the volcano he had fell from twice but only recalled falling from once. He popped the top off a red flask and sipped it like an Ale, his strength began to recover and he stood up. "Why did I come here?"

As if the universe were answering him, Arkah noticed a familiar fleet of galleons far below, docked at the shore. He raised his brow and pulled the note he had received from Catherine in Caelestis Canton and muttered to himself "Oh. Thats why."

[​IMG]

Arkah, covered in soot and dusting himself off, again, began hiking down the slope tward the beach.

19. Peg

Peg Avatar

From the crows nest on The Tempest I noticed a stranger approaching the village.
    He was descending from the mountain behind the castle walls.
    He seemed a little dazed as he staggered down the slope.

Raising my spyglass I saw that it was @Arkah EMPstrike .

"Hail Sir Arkah!" I shouted.
    "I am Peg, the first mate on The Tempest"

"Welcome to Blood Bay Stronghold"
    "Come with me to the house beside the Castle."
    "Captain Trinity allowed me to claim a house near The Tempest as a base camp."
    "I will have some food prepared after you clean up and rest"

"I can arrange a room for you."

"Would you like to stay here?"

20. Peg

Peg Avatar

Peg was always one to get into compromising situations.
    From the deck of The Tempest he could see some lights on the nearby hill.
    The map indicated a small village named Scoundrel's Hold.

"Me thinks that sounds like my kind of place"
    Peg mumbled.

Having a little too much rum, he decided to explore to see what trouble he could get into.

Running up the hill, he encountered many obstacles but was not deterred and continued upward.
    He reached the gate and entered the small village of Judge's Watch.
    This town was way to civilized for him so he crossed the swinging bridge to Scoundrel's Hold.

"Now this is more like it"

Gawdy music and laughter enticed him into a nearby tavern.
    Wenches and rum, a great combination for a pirate.
    A few more mugs of rum and Peg picked up some 'items' that he needed.
    (also known as stealing)
    A justicar showed up and levied a fine for the theft.
    "WTH?"
    "I'm a pirate, I am supposed to steal things"

Peg stumbled on down the hill toward an air balloon platform.
    After speaking to the guard there, he was allowed to board an airship.

"Wow such a very nice ship."
    "Arr, captain, where I be? And who you be?"

The captain replied,
    "My name is Jack Price"
    "Welcome to the Jack of Diamonds"

[​IMG]
    "Look around the airship and enjoy your stay"

Peg walked around and checked the airship top to bottom.
    He saw a picture of Lord British with a dagger in it.
    LOL.
    [​IMG]
    Being very drunk, Peg staggered to the helm to get a better view.
    He lost his balance and fell over the side of the airship.
    Peg was sure he was falling to his death from this height.
    But to his surprise, one of the crew threw a line to pull him to safety...

It was at that point that Peg was concerned if he would ever be able to leave the Jack of Diamonds...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.