Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Main Story Quest - Pages of Virtue not in Obsidian Chest

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Nicholas Dark, Nov 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicholas Dark

Nicholas Dark Avatar

Title:Virtue Pages for Main Story missing OFFLINE mode.

Reproduction Rate: 100%

Blocker? for Main Story quest line yes.

Details: Unable to obtain Virtue Pages for Main Story Quest line, the Pages are not in the obsidian chests when you open them to get the page and the quest will not update because the pages are not there.

Steps to Reproduce: I can return to the obsidian chests multiple times and there is never a page in any of them.

User Specs: OS: Windows 10 (10.0.0) 64bit
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz (12) System RAM: 16194
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GPU RAM: 11127
    SotA.Win.64.1080.Date.11.26.19

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Have you assembled the lens yet?

3. Nicholas Dark

Nicholas Dark Avatar

I have not done the lens yet. just trying to collect the pages. The lens is the next part of the quest. You have to collect the pages first. and they are not in the chests when I go to get them.

4. Nicholas Dark

Nicholas Dark Avatar

Also have noticed that the blue quest markers are not appearing for the direction of the pages , even though it is currently tracking the quest.

5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I’m checking this now on live. Are you seeing the blue markers on the ruins? I see one now on Opalis Ruins, on live (I have a character on live that is on the quest for the pages).

6. Nicholas Dark

Nicholas Dark Avatar

The blue markers are not showing up in OFFLINE mode , nor are the pages , but the quest IS tracking on the HUD. I have done most all the ruins now, with the same results.
    The blue tracking marker is missing as well as the overworld blue shimmer markers.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    Anpu likes this.
  7. Nicholas Dark

Nicholas Dark Avatar

Still stuck on this , no obvious way to continue this quest line... anyone?

8. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

@Nicholas Dark , I haven't looked into this yet, but it sounds like you don't have the quest flag that is required for the blue markers to appear on the compass and the pages to appear in the chests. It's odd that you have a task that suggests you're on the right stage. I have some questions.
    1. Is this a character who started the quest a long time ago and you're only just now getting back to it, or did you start the quest recently?
    2. Are you using a guide/walkthrough which may have incorrect information that is accidentally misleading you to think you're on a certain stage when you're not?
    3. You wrote, "even though it is currently tracking the quest." Can you share the exact wording of the task? Either typed or as a screenshot.

Sean Silverfoot and Anpu like this.
  9. Nicholas Dark

Nicholas Dark Avatar

Thank you kindly for taking the time to respond.

1. Just started the quest recently , like within the last 30 days.

2. I did the quest on the live server and am now doing it on the Offline server. I know the quest , but yes I am using a guide to remind me of things along the way when I need to, but not exclusively. As far as I can tell from doing the quest the first time on the live server , this guide seems pretty spot on (https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...rse-guide-to-the-episode-1-main-quest.144686/ , so I don't believe I am seeing incorrect information, but if so , by all means point it out to me. The Quest HUD display is tracking the quest with all the "find the page of ..." they are just not tracking with the blue marker in any way and the pages are actually not in the chest they are supposed to be in. If I have inadvertently taken a miss-step in the quest line, I for the life of me can not figure out where that may have been for me to still be tracking to find pages if I am not on that part of the quest. The odd thing is the markers not showing up, like I said , it's as though the pages are not there , so the quest tracking has nothing to track and therefore nothing to place markers for. Yet the quest is still tracking on my HUD to "find the page of ..." for each page in the quest line. Obviously they are not all on the screen at one time, but they won't clear since I can not obtain the pages.

3. Certainly : I would love to just show you a screen shot , but for some reason I can not seem to get the screen capture to work , even if I change the hot key for it. At any rate; The text is on my HUD tracking the quest is : " Find the page of Malfeasance" "Find the page of Corporeality" "Find the page of Pride" "Find the Page of Disgrace" "Find the page of Narcissism", then the list truncates, but they are all in my journal as active.

Any other information I can contribute , I am happy to do so, just tell me what you specifically need to know about the issue, and I will do my best :)

Anpu likes this.
  10. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the additional info! Issue #66127

Sean Silverfoot and Anpu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.