Water

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aldo, Dec 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Why does the water look so bad in this game? Is it because of a performance hit? Some of the newer areas look more than bad, they are embarrassing. Take a look at the lake in Ulfeim (sp?). My point is if performance is the reason, then I vote for less performance. I mean water is one of the things that impress new eyes to the game. IMO this needs fixed asap if we are trying to impress/keep new players.

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

it didn't used to. there are a few places that still have the old water. the rivers in owl's head and greymark look great. i think it was swapped out in R62.

beinghappy, FrostII and Anpu like this.
  3. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

The water in many places is beautiful, and in others was beautiful. Hence the conjecture about performance. The brand new water in ulfheim is by far the worst, and water in many pots not far behind.

FrostII likes this.
  4. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I think its more then just water. Some zones have higher textures then others and or were passed over with a better texture brush. As to water the default ground is water, so could be that the water being used is just default where other water was added as another textured object. not sure how to explain it short of if you have ever fallin into the ground you can see the whole map is water with land built onto it.

beinghappy and Aldo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.