Archer OP?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by krakenvarados, Nov 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krakenvarados

krakenvarados Avatar

this is what really happens. they have reduced the crazy damage that the archer did with the loaded shots increasing the physical resistance of the monsters, then in order not to make them escape from the game they put the armor of the bandit, without thinking about the impact that they would have on PvP. now the archers with the shot loaded and berserk, who do not have the same problem of not having space for all the spells that I need to not be killed instantly, and play with the same deck with which they would kill anything that moves, because it is clear, he does not need a deck to throw charged shots, just hold down the left mouse button, berserk and air shield, to **** any defense. compliments

2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Lets not forget a few details here :

1. This armor is great for any physical weapon, not just a bow or a crossbow.

2. The way health, damage, and resistance all scale makes no sense, especially for PvP, but also for PvE. The investment required to get a decent health pool is nuts, and even then, health pools dont reach a level that makes sense considering the damage output both mobs AND players can dish out. I have so much difficulty right now as a lvl 107 (or 108) to find a balance between having enough damage to kill stuff and having enough health to not die from stuff.

Also, resistance and absorption are great together in concept, but resistance can not go high enough to have an impact... with the way absorption works, resistance should be able to reach mid 200s or even more in my opinion.

These three problems make it that Archers instantly feel OP when anything with extra power comes out, because they can single out their damage from a distance, but have you thought about how OP Bandity armor is on a polearms guy fighting off 4+ mobs at once? 45% extra damage on all 4 mobs, it is huge... The problem right now isnt archers, it is the armor, health pools, and resistance.

Cordelayne, Numa and krakenvarados like this.
  3. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

130 level firemage will kick you out of battle field bro, be afraid of flexible deck changer not about 130 level archer :cool:

margaritte likes this.
  4. krakenvarados

krakenvarados Avatar

uhm ok, im 122, lets do a test :)

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  5. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

So from what I read here on this thread I might as well save my coin, buy a bandit set, give up body slam and switch to light armor. That is just for starters, then drop bladed at almost 159 and either pick up archery + zen or become a high level fire mage as @Spinok said.

Might just want to change the title to “Death of Melee and mortal blow to crafters” No bows can match zen or envy and fire arrow is OP”

In short, those that craft bows and leather pieces got stroked without the courtesy of a reach around, melee can forget about it in PvP. @Chris , we need you to balance this or pitch a tent for the **** storm that is coming.

R/Boris/About to consider melee and swords obsolete

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    Cordelayne and Violet Ronso like this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

What are the bonuses of a full set of bandit armor?

Fister Magee likes this.
  7. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Hard maple bows are still really good. I prefer the Zen but can do really good damage with a hard maple if it has the required MWs (3/3).

I also do quite good against fire mages, even shielded high level ones with my heavy armor bow deck (no bandit titty armor) but I might be the exception due to fire resist, level, and damage. Definitely doesn't take a lot of skill... stand there, pew pew, dead.

Zen Kamudo, Cordelayne, Anpu and 2 others like this.
  8. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Thank you Sara. I will finish this quest to 160/150/150/150 bladed and already got a head start on ranges 120/100 rest of the way. Maybe a rare crossbow of accuracy along with another good bow until they give swords some love. its frustrating believe me. R/Boris

Cordelayne likes this.
  9. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

10. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Legendary gets a Low STR bonus instead of Very Low.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  11. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Or maybe we get real lucky and he gives us a set of chain or heavy with stats like the bandit and make swords penetrate armor like polearms. R/Boris

12. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Swords is still #3 on my PVP hierarchy behind polearm and bow. Has its uses but get more consistent kills with bow and pole.

13. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

Poor ranged. I think its just the armor, because I still suck killing stuff. I am adv lvl 93 and still only hit sub 100s with a +15 crossbow; yet my ranged skill is well over 100. Also please don't nerf based on PvP alone. It just causes in-balances in the rest of the game.

This push for artifact everything is really a bad idea. It really hurts the casual player and the crafting players of the game. It also pushes the need to PvP whether you want to do that play style or not. Better to make crafting top king and drop more items used in crafting and add a couple artifact only slots for leveling up.. heck you can even add a artifact crafting skill line to make it even more interesting.

14. krakenvarados

krakenvarados Avatar

i just tryed to counter archery + bandit armor with heavy armor spec and full plate set...the result? useless. my char with 75 DR all buffed take same crazy damage.

Boris Mondragon and Sara Dreygon like this.
  15. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Equip a shield?

Sentinel2 and Boris Mondragon like this.
  16. krakenvarados

krakenvarados Avatar

im a fire mage, if i equip full plate set + shield i'll never cast anything xD if i take an half way yeah il parry something...but when don't parry i take more than a crazy shot xD
    i just think a bow can't throw 600 crit on a full plate set... what kind of arrow use it!? cannon ball?

17. Numa

Numa Avatar

instead of nerfing archery equipment why not have arrow accuracy subject to weather effects?

Strong wind or rain should wreak havoc with a bowman's ability to hit a target. Which brings up the potential of certain air/water spells to screw up arrow flight.

18. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Archery is not OP.

Bandit armor is wildly OP. If you use a weapon and arent wearing bandit armor, you are doing 45% less damage in all scenarios. I havent gotten hold of any to try it because its extremely expensive, but this seems to be the case.

If you are a bludgeon user, between berserk and that armor you ar buffing your damage over 100%

Also, the recent new masterworks and enchants have allowed people to get gear that puts them over 400 strength

Trinity and Vero like this.
  19. belijaal

belijaal Avatar

Bandit armor is good, probably a bit too good but not "wildly OP".

A hardened leather set gives about 22% weapon damage while wearing a cabalist hood. An uncommon bandit chest gives 45% weapon damage when wearing a full bandit set and you lose some stats because you aren't wearing a cabalist hood then. In that scenario you are gaining about 23% weapon damage.

We should also consider that it's easier to make exceptional crafted items. So generally a crafted set has better stats than bandit armor unless you get really lucky.

Edit: You can't put a gem in a bandit chest either, so no attunement specific enchants.

margaritte likes this.
  20. Gyzarus

Gyzarus Avatar

I am taking a long long break..sign out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.