Black Sails, The New Dawn

Discussion in 'The Library' started by CatherineRose, Nov 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Laura Fleetfoot arrived with the healer as Boris removed his blood soaked armor. She gasped at how many scars this man had yet Boris smiled as he motioned the healer over to him.

"I think a dozen stiches here and there will do the job, give me some rum and get it done quickly."

The healer nodded and patched Boris up as usual then left with a small pouch of gold coins.

Laura stepped up to Boris and looked around the room. "Marcelo, where is he?"

He nodded his head as she broke into tears. He held her gently and spoke in soft tones.

"I have never seen a man fight so bravely as if possessed by the gods. I tried to bring his body back to no avail. The elves took it into a hidden corridor and overwhelmed me. I barely came out of there alive. He is with the gods now in a better place and died with honor. He avenged your parents and I will avenge his death once I head back into the Rise before the sun comes up".

Just as she was calming down from the terrible news another man came into the Blacksmith Shop. Boris had never seen this man before but he assumed it was one of Laura's spies.

"Mylady, I travel to the Rise and walk amongst the elves in my daily business transactions with them. There is much joy and festivity there. The are claiming the death of the Pirate Boris Mondragon. They made me see the cadaver which was wrapped in white sheets and made me walk with them to the mountainside exit where they launched the corpse to the rocks below."

Laura looked at him knowing who it was that had been dropped and not given a proper burial. The man left and Laura went to reach for her bow when Boris stopped her.

"Let me go and get him in the middle of the night, let them think it was me they killed and it will be to my advantage to have them think the ghost of Boris Mondragon lurks and kills within their Citadel".

She agreed but only if she could join him to which Boris nodded.

They waited until nightfall and both used the Silent movement spell to depart Resolute on their way to the bottom cliff under the Rise. They arrived close to midnight only to see a group of two men and two women leaving with the body as they were being followed by elven fighters and archers. They were on the other side of this large group of elves and Boris would not let Laura be taken or harmed so they headed back in the shadows to wait until the elven regiment left and then to try to track the group that took Marcelo's corpse.

2. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

"Tame or not, a bear would do me no good! Thanks though!" Arkah yelled back, obviously not hearing correctly. As he approached the tower Peg repeated what he had asked. "Oh hmm...on the beach? This island is pretty risky for that but yea i could use some food."

After a good meal of venison and onions, Arkah thanked Peg and stepped outside to see if there was a small patch of land or something he could investigate and dig a hole to stay in or something. A good ways offshore he saw what appeared to be a run-down galleon. LUCKY! Arkah pulled out a small flask and downed it quickly. The waters around blood bay were well know to be cursed and the potion was neccessary to prevent the melting of his flesh from his bones and other such interesting horrors.

Arkah swam, enduring the slight stinging of the water's curse until he reached the galleon anchored far off shore. It was rusty and wel worn down, not maintained at all and it was a wonder it was even afloat. Climbing the ladder to reach the deck, he saw strange decorations adorning the stairs and doorways to the cabins. Human skulls and foreboding carvings that didnt seem particularly indicative of most he had encountered before. Climbing the stares he heard a hissing noise. It sounded like the spray of the sea agaisnt the side of the ship, looking over the port side he noticed the waters were very calm today. As he stood there wondering he heard the sound again just as the restless bones of a former crew member swung at him from behind, striking his Lute which he kept strapped to his back.

[​IMG]

Several other skeleton crew joined in forcing Arkah to fight. After de-animating the bones of the crew with his Clubs, he heard a hiss from inside the main cabin, "...your end comesss...".
    Arkah, his curiosity trumping his instinct to run, first carefully peeked through the opening in the door tot he cabin JUST as it flung open, and the skeletal captain of the ship pulled him into the cabin and threw him onto the floor. Arkah was a bit tired of being man-handled lately and took offense, "PEOPLE NEED TO STOP TOSSING EM AROUND!!! i have legs! Just ask me to move!!!" He yelled almost neglecting the seriousness of the situation as his rage took over the swinging of his clubs for him.

[​IMG]

The captain broke to pieces and Arkah stomped the bones yelling "I HAVE FEET".

--------

Peg saw Arkah trudging up the beach, drenched in cursed blood as he approached the house again.

Arkah looked at Peg, awkwardly makign silent eye contact for a moment before saying, "Sure. I'll stay here for a bit."

3. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

"Snow! Come quickly. This message must be taken to Captain Trinity."

"Captain Trinity, as I was returning home to Dragomir Mori to check that all was well here before sailing back to Blood Bay I received disturbing information from one of our spies about the death of Captain Boris Mondragon. There is a possibilty that the ones who killed Captain Boris
    have been bragging with the evil Obsidians about the torture
    unto death that they brought upon Captain Boris.
    The laughter came to a head as several of their members are now
    heading toward Blood Bay with the body of Captain Boris.
    They plan to deliver his body with great pompus to the castle."

"They are in route as I am writing this message.
    Protect the castle. Protect our ships. Surround the area.
    There will surely be not only those that are carrying Captain Boris's body
    but many of the evil Obsidians as well."

The arrival of these evil ones is expected Sunday, December 8 at 12 Noon New Brittania Time (CST)

"Be prepared to not only receive his body but ready to thrust your swords and pierce with arrows those who think they will have any delight in the dance upon the body of our leader."

"Captain Trinity allow them to begin their ritual of triumph. This ritual will bring about their doom. When all is in place begin the War Drums to signify they are about to face the hell they so greatly deserve."

"When this battle is over have guards quickly take Captain Boris's body onto your ship, The Tempest. He must be given his proper burial. When the battle is over clean his body from the desecration he has endured. Before I returned to Dragomir Mori Peg told me that Arkah EMPstrike had accepted his invatation to rest in his home near the castle. Please request that Arkah EMPstrike make burial potions for Boris's body. I will arrive with his armor in two days time at the setting of the sun. He must be prepared and dressed in his finest armor. Notify Captain Scooby Doo, Captain Violet Green, Captain Monkeysmack, Captain BDee and Captain Stu Gotz of these preparations. Make plans for the ceremony with each of the Black Sails and many of his friends, some of these are Vesper, Margarrite, Cypher Black, Tailz, Xak, Xee, NPM4D and many others I am sure will attend. He then will be sent out into the sea to be received by the Sea Goddess where his last journey will begin"

"Snow, fly like the wind!"

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  4. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

After a bit of rest, Arkah sat up in bed, looked at the clock and found himself in the grunvald shardfall suddenly.

"Oops." he said nonchalantly, as he realized he looked at a Teleport scroll instead of a clock. "Just as well, i could-" *SIZZLE*. Arkah's thoughts were interrupted by a loud sizzling sound. Tho not magical by nature, he still recognized the sounds of certain spells being cast, and knew a wizard was nearby. He snuck around the many rocks and boulders until he reached the top of the hill and noticed a dragon in the distance angrily spraying fire at something. He moved closer to notice 3 men engaged in battle and got both cautious and excited, moving into the light so they could see him with his hands in the air.

https://clips.twitch.tv/CleanCarelessLemurBabyRage

"I come in Piece! I mean Peace!" He yelled, not realizing there was no audible difference in his mistake. Arkah waved at the men engaged in battle and one of them disengaged as though it were not big deal. "Hello!" The man said with a cordial bow. "Oh how formal!" Arkah said aloud, as the man introduced himself as Lurgholf Highlander and invited Arkah to help them slay the dragon.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ResourcefulFitCheeseKappaClaus

Arkah also immediately recognized @Gia2 and met the third party member who went by BookIn Air. They quickly dispatched the dragon with an ease that explained their more casual nature during the engagement, and Arkah noticed a small "pile" of dragons nearby. "Oh, i like the blue ones" he said brushing it's wing.

Having forgot why he came here, Arkah said "Thank you for the party but I'm going to find Dolorast!". "Dolorasts?!" One of them yelled as Arkah ran off into the desert.

While hunting elsewhere, Arkah received a message, presumably via telepathy of some kind which for some odd reason he didn't question, that his new friends were to engage with their Enemy. "Oh! I should go help them!" As he used more scrolls to find and follow them to superstition canyon. There, they met up with @Antrax Artek , Leader of Antrax's Army who had helped fight off the obsidian messenger and his minions in the most recent war. "Hi Antrax!" Arkah said as he followed them through the canyon, coming face to face with another company of men on the other side. "Mangars!" They said as the two groups charged each other. Arrows flew past arkah's head and the canyon erupted in flames. Fire and stone whizzed about striking people and things with great force as the heavy swings and clangs of weapons echoed off the canyon walls. When the dust settled, Arkah and his allies still stood.

Arkah lept in celebration but stopped short, jaw dropped when he saw who lay on the ground before him. "Strider?!" he yelled as he ran up to the body, he noticed another body on the ground. It was @CatherineRose !!!

https://www.twitch.tv/arkahempstrike/clip/FlaccidChillyDogJKanStyle?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time

"NOOOOOOOOOOO" He yelled as he ran around as if looking for help. "WHY!!! WHAT HAVE I DONE!" He fell to hsi knees crying. Lurgholf came up to him and pat his back consolingly, but disturbingly saying, "What have WE done son, what have WE done...".

---

Arkah opened his eyes and wiped his face, staring at the ceiling. He was still covered in cursed blood from the sea surrounding the island. He sat up in bed, sweating and said, "That was wildly vivid....was it real? I should get cleaned up."

He went to the washroom in the house Peg had been letting him stay in and doused himself with clean water to wash off the cursed blood.

5. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Boris and Laura followed the party that carried Marcelo's wrapped body from a short distance and with the aid of a dark fog that surrounded them. They noticed the party set up camp for the night and a small fire was lit. It was a party of four yet others came to join them. Two choices faced them. Charge the party and retrieve the body or follow and find a more opportune moment.

One of Laura's spies who followed them came up to them with a signal not to speak. He handed Laura a note that he had scribbled which Laura read to Boris in a whisper.

"The word has spread to all the towns and cities that Boris Mondragon is dead and on its way to Blood Bay for final desecration by the Obsidian Lord himself."

Boris made up his mid quickly. He whispered to Laura to return with her spy to Resolute and gather as many able fighters to move under the cover of night near the entrance to Blood Bay to await further instructions. Laura refused to let Boris go alone but he calmed her concerns. If they thought he was dead then they would only see a ghost which could give him the advantage of surprise.

They parted ways and he just uttered a few words as he used the cover of darkness to get closer to the camp that held Marcelo's body and listen in on any further information he could find from them.

" I will bring Marcelo's body back to you".

6. Violet Green

Violet Green Avatar

Captain Green read the newly arrived scroll from Catherine Rose. She nodded curtly and took a deep breath before beginning to dress for war.

"Scallywag, it's nearly time. Best preparations we can manage, quickly now. And find me a map."

With that, her first mate slid down the ladder to inform the crew. She wasn't sure this was a battle that all of them would survive, and that was one of the hardest parts of Captaining any crew. This crew was worth their weight in gold. She knew it and they did too.

Violet was not the captain they were expecting and she had far less experience than more than half of them. Yet, there was something about Violet that held their respect in face of this menace and others she had faced. There was no backing down. She was not going to let these Cabalists alone till their deaths had satisfied her sense of revenge. Violet fastened her gauntlets and checked the blade's edge on her knives. She was prepared.

7. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Raise your Heads. Raise your Voice. Raise your weapons!

The time is here to take revenge upon the evil ones who desecrated our leader, Captain Boris Mondragon.
    We will go forward with courage whether we live or whether we die.

The location for the battle in Blood Bay is:
    Judge's Watch at 12 noon, Sun Dec. 8 CST

We have been informed that the body of Captain Boris is being brought by some of the evil ones to be laid at the feet of the Pirate Queen in front of the castle in Blood Bay. Captain Trinity is prepared to accept his body and carry him to the Captain's quarters on the Tempest. She will ready his body for his final journey.
    His body will be met by the Sea Goddess and carried on into everlasting peace.

We will attack and take our revenge at the sound of the War Drums.

One Goal, One Body, One Voice

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  8. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Captains and Friends,

A message arrived from Sergeant Dhanas of Antrax Army. She informs us that
    Antrax won a special Quartermaster Cutlass several seasons ago.

Due to that award they have since that time been guards in Blood Bay investigating the tortuous actions of the Evil Obsidians.
    Antrax and his army will guard the area. They will fight during the battle tomorrow in order to prevent the
    possibility of even more blood shed on the soil of Blood Bay from sympathisers of these evil ones.

This is good news as our numbers are growing in the effort to bring peace again across Novia.

Now, as the sun sets into the dark of the night listen and you will hear the
    voice of the wolf bringing the understanding of the moon overlooking the cares of all.

Close your doors and allow sleep to bring you rest. May your minds see the victory
    we shall have before the sun once again sets behind the curtain of the night sky.

One Goal, One Body, One Voice

9. Trinity

Trinity Avatar

::: Blood Bay :::
    Trinity and CatherineRose waited for the body of Captain Boris Mondragon
    The Obsidian's delivered Boris' body to the castle and started dancing over their victory

[​IMG]
    Their dancing angered the pirates
    It only took a few minutes and my wand went off in my hand
    All the pirates took my que and an epic battle began
    In what seemed like a instant, it was over
    [​IMG]

Trinity shouted to Peg:

“Peg, you and the crew please take Boris’ body to the deck of The Tempest”
    "Remove the armor from the body"
    "Cover it with the white linen cloth on the dock table"

“I will prepare the body for burial there”

Trinity was asked to perform the preparation of the body
    because of her being an aficionado of the male anatomy.

But the real reason was a secret only CatherineRose knew:
    Boris’ ship the Dragon was docked near her ship in Port Dragomir
    As Captain it was her job to ‘notice’ everything around her ship
    She often observed Boris taking a dawn nude run and swim

Of course, being the Captain, she had to inspect EVERYTHING
    She used her Spyglass to Closely observe Boris’ swim in the buff
    [​IMG]

It was obvious from her observations that he was a well-endowed male
    She considered how nice IT would look in one of her jars

[​IMG]

But something else caught her eye that she thought how strange…
    a Tatoo?

She did some research and found the reason for the tatoo just above…

(Well… you know where)

10. Trinity

Trinity Avatar

Eulogy of Boris Mondragon the Elegant Pirate

[​IMG]
    "Here we have the Elegant Pirate, Captain Boris Mondragón"
    "An orphan from the old lands (Old Brittania/UO)"
    "Accepted to the Old Brittania Naval Academy"
    "A not allowed to be a commissioned officer"

"Instead he became a Pirate"

Trinity Grins as she thinks about the reason:
    (Boris was not allowed to be an officer because of involvement with Naval Academy Commander’s daughter)

Trinity continues:

"The name Mondragón comes from his mother’s pact with Trinsic Shamans that"
    "his mother agreed to morph into a silver dragon only visible at night"
    "in return the Sea Goddess would keep her son, Boris' safe"

"His mother did the metamorphosis during his birth"

"He carries silver dragon blood in his veins coveted by the Obsidians"

"He bears a Silver Dragon Tatoo below his belly button"

As Trinity finishes the Boris’ Eulogy she slowly uncovers the body before her

O M G !
    [​IMG]
    Trinity does not know whether to shout for joy or cry
    As she looks down upon the body it is obvious it is not Boris
    This man was of similar build to Boris in all areas except the ‘essential’ place

The body was badly damaged from battle
    But anyone that had seen Boris (as Trinity had) would know this was not Boris

She immediately knew it was not him because below his belly button…

THERE WAS NO DRAGON TATOO…

[​IMG]

(now what were you expecting to see?)

LOL

BORIS is Alive ! ! !

11. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

He had witnessed the events in Blood Bay from anonymity. The way the Obsidians had their way in the battlefield had caused him disgust. To see who he thought were their allies fight against the pirates was an abomination he had not expected, to have not been able to recover the body of Marcelo a complete failure. The man was enraged to the point of morphing into the dragonkin he belonged to. He made his way back to the "Dragon" to give command of the ship to Razulah as he needed much soul searching and vengeance upon the elves in the Rise. They thought he was dead and that would be his advantage as he would fight as a ghost.

Razulah did not want to take command from him yet had no choice. Boris departed in the shade of night and headed to a near beach where he had his words with the Sea Goddess.

"My time here with the Black Sails is over yet the movement that I started on that beach in Paxlair long ago will live on. New leadership and better training will assure victory over the Obsidians one day. For now I will remain in anonymity and exact my own vengeance upon them in the only way I can."

He laid down his Captain's hat and returned to the Elven Citadel, would he ever come out again that is not known. At this moment he needed to know if he even had the will to lead again. The failures of Luna City and Blood Bay were a clear signal that his time had passed and accepting the obvious was the hardest task for this man whose indomitable spirit was now in doubt.

A familiar sound was heard in the Rise as two bronze longswords grated against its walls and made an eerie sound that made elves run with fear. Their voices were heard screaming.

"The Shade of Boris Mondragon is within our walls"

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  12. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Arkah nodded and listened to Peg while looking up at the purple gas flowing from the ruins. "I actually think that dream i had might have been a premonition now. A little late in realizing it though."

He climbed the slope of the volcano tward the ruin where their former allies had been just before the battle took place. Stroking his chin slowly, he had a much more serious demeanor about him. The normal excitment he would feel at a potential breakthrough was quelled by thoughts of a similar situation at a lab he had recently Quarantined in Caelestis Canton.

THier eyes were red, Arkah thought to himself. "The birds." He said aloud, snapping his fingers "Its the same as the blackbirds back in Caelestis." Arkah took a flask and bottled a sample of the purple fumes swirling throughout the ruin and began his journey back to Caelestis.

----------

"Xalia," Arkah began to speak as he prepared a filter mask, "Go get a bite at the pavillion for a bit, you've earned a break."

"Yes sir!" Xalia didn't hesitate and left tward the Garden of Light. Arkah wanted to make sure noone without the proper saftey equipment was nearby. He entered the Quarentine chamber with the flash he had bottled and immediatly, a huge red eye shrouded by blue spruce darted to look at the flask as balckbirds began divebombing Arkah's head. He swatted at them and tried to conceal the flask, but then the dull flourecent gas contained within the inner chamber VERY QUICKLY shot through the crack in the wall like translucent spears all pointing directly at the flask. The birds, momentarily seemed to begin to morph slightly into monstrous shapes. Arkah figured his mask must not be holding up and fled the camber sealing it behind him. In a matter of a couple of minuites, the area seemed to calm to its previous state. The gas was still contained, the birds only mildly agitated by it, The giant eye looking straight ahead.

Xalia returned with a mouth full of sandwich and stopped chewing mid bite when she saw Arkah. "Arkah you're bleeding."

"Yea these birds jsut went nuts on me, it's jsut a scratch.", He removed his mask.

"Are you anemic?" She said looking almsot horrified gesturing to his clothes. Arkah looked down and noticed he was completely drenched in Blood.

"This isnt mine!" He said a bit surprised. "I don't know where this came from!"

Xalia handed him a roll of cloth, "How can you not know where that much blood came from? Its like you swam in a sea of it." Arkah had a thought. Is this the cursed blood from blood bay? And why hadn't the fumes fromt he obsidian ruin affected him in the same way as it seemed to affect the blackbirds and Antrax's Army? There was now alot mroe question to work on finding answers to. And a more real and immediate danger to having this creature, or gas, or whatever it was contained within Caelestis Canton.

Arkah began drafting a note to the town's leaders @Sol Stormlin, @John Gault and the officer of the entire state of Paxlair, @Sean Silverfoot , to figure out what should be done at this point.

And the cursed blood. It can't just be washed away...

13. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Captain Trinity,

As you prepare the body of Marcelo for burial today it is with the utmost urgency when the task is complete to speak to each of our captains: Captain @Violet Green,, Captain @Scooby Doo, and all the rest the captains and friends who fought in the battle. Relay this information.

While the guards were removing the bodies from the battle ground a note was found on one of the bodies. The message was one which was meant to be brought to me but it did not arrive due the the fact the guard was killed in route the The Tempest.

Message me as soon as the Captains have been notified. Brief me about the burial today . We must make our plans according this latest information.
    Duchess CatherineRose
    Governor of Dragomir Mori
    Pirate Queen of Black Sails

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  14. Trinity

Trinity Avatar

:::Trinity is puzzled:::

After examining the body presented by the Obsidians,
    Trinity discovered that it was not Boris Mondragon.
    She thought:
    "BORIS is Alive ! ! !"

However, her glee was short lived when Boris Mondragon spoke to her.
    He had been observing the battle and even killing a few Obsidians in the process.

When she heard Boris' voice, she ran to the beach to greet him.
    [12/8/2019 1:22:35 PM] Trinity curtseys before Boris Mondragon.
    Boris continued walking toward an exit and disappeared into the fast travel boat.

Trinity returned to The Tempest and ordered the crew to push out to sea for the burial of Marcelo.
    Marcelo's body had been wrapped and weighted with a cannon ball ready to be buried.
    The Tempest was a few furlongs into the sea
    Then Marcelo's wrapped body was lowered into the sea and three cannons fired.
    [​IMG]

::: After the burial ceremony the next day :::

Trinity saw a black raven in the distance.
    The raven flew to The Tempest and landed on the rail.
    A note was attached to it's leg.
    Trinity removed the note and saw it was from Razulah:

"Captain Boris Mondragon has surrendered his ship The Dragon to my command."
    "When he returned from Blood Bay he called the crew together and these are his words:"

"He laid down his Captain's hat and gave me command of The Dragon"
    'He said he was returning to the Elven Citadel.
    "I do not expect his return."

Trinity threw the note and her memory of Boris into the sea..

THE END
    Black Sails, The New Dawn

::: OOC --- Programming note:::

This is the end of Black Sails The New Dawn.
    In preparation for SOTA Episode 2 we will be continuing the story as:

Black Sails Chronicles

The story is written by anyone interested in participating.
    It is directed by:
    The Pirate Queen of Black Sails
    (aka Duchess CatherineRose, Governor of Dragomir Mori)
    Message CatherineRose with any questions

Each chapter of the story will have a subtitle and in game role playing.
    EVERYONE is welcome to participate in Role Playing, Writing the Story and in the battles or all of the above. The next chapter has been started and can be found on the link below:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.