Request lot access and guild houses

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, Dec 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I would like to be able to set my crafting lot as a guild lot but I don’t want people to have kindred or trusted access. The issue with guild houses in some cases members are identified as kindred level and officers are at trusted level. Where as I simply want people to have basic access to portable bank devices and basic access to a vendor. It would be cool if you could toggle a guild house to allow a guest access lock on all tiers. If you wanted people at a higher tier then you could manually add them to the lot.

sure I can add all 300 members as a guest but it would be much easier if they added that option as a option.

Sentinel2, CICI, Anpu and 2 others like this.
  2. amarious

amarious Avatar

adding people? just like i can only add 10 people to my ban list? hah...hah.....

3. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

it’s a good thing I only have 3 friends then.

I’m only paying 2 of them also!!! (Wife says not to pay her something about comes outta the same account or some stupid thing).

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  4. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

One of the reasons I haven't setup one of my crafting lots as a guild lot. I don't want members of the guild to mess around with stuff (moving things around). Just use services provided. Like what you mentioned. Bank Devices, Mail Boxes and so on would be nice.

Dark Tidings likes this.
  5. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I run a guild and public crafting area in Silverdale. With new permission rules these are non issues anymore. in any guild chapter house members can set the chests to private preventing anyone else from accessing their items. This has been in for a few months now and we have not had any issues since. Also with non guild members you can manually add them as guests or tenants to the location allowing them to place a chest.

Other ways around all of this is to put remote banks in your crafting area so people can have the bank open and work out of them by moving stuff in and out as you craft.

If you want to know more you can ask me and or come visit Silverdale to see how I set things up at the big crafting tree central town.

Cheers,

Xee

Sentinel2 likes this.
  6. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

So setting say tables to private prevents guild members from moving them around? I'll have to test that. Thought this was still an issue. thanks!

7. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

there is also an option now on property of strict deco movement which prevents people from moving objects that are on the property which is what you are looking for. its on the property permission page :)

Anpu, Sentinel2 and Daxxe Diggler like this.
  8. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

just to clarify if I set it to guild house under current system I could block people from placing items on lot property still give access to portable banker while not allowing access to vendor if I chose?

my issues is I want nothing placed in lot, but I want them to be able to access portable banker on the lot and maybe maybe not a vendor.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  9. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Pretty sure you can lock it all down. We all use my tree, and have chest etc. Each person can control access. Vendor you can lock to co-owner and you can put strict deco move restrictions. Bank works for all if you set to kindred

Anpu likes this.
  10. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Yea but that’s the part your missing from my request, I want to share access to lot and stuff on lot with out giving any ability to people to place anything. As a guest they can access stuff but not place stuff as a kindred or trusted they can do all that and place stuff.

a use only level vrs kindred where they can drop boxes and other items on the lot.

11. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

So need a No-Place Access level. Can use/access everything on the lot that the permission level grants. But this access level will not let them place anything. Would you want them to be able to "move" objects on the lot as long as they have access to it? Or just strictly a Use option?

Dark Tidings likes this.
  12. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

yes a use only tier, if I want them to have more privileges on the lot then I can add them individually.

honeslty this seams like a most logical first step.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.