Can't find mail in my inventory to deliver to town crier

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kara Brae, Dec 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I am trying to get back into the game after pausing for a year or so, and I keep running into things that are different than they used to be. Some things I may just have forgotten, others may be due to bugs or changes in the game. I do try to search the forums for an answer before I post a question, but am truly sorry for questions that are stupid.

I used to search my inventory for "mail" just to see if I had any mail from a town crier that I had to deliver. That doesn't seem to work anymore. Has this changed? How can I see whether I have mail to deliver? I searched the Player's Guide and I couldn't even find a reference to town criers giving a mail quest.

The Player's Guide doesn't seem to be very accurate, though. For example it states that a taxed lot deed can't be upgraded to a tax-free lot deed, but I have converted two of my taxed lots to tax-free ones.

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

it may be flagged as a quest item, which are hidden by default. hit the gear in the upper right of the inventory window and show quest items.

Anpu and Scooby Doo like this.
  3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Say "mail" to a town crier. They'll offer you mail to deliver if you don't have one. If you think you have one but lost it, you can say "I lost my mail" to the town crier instead, and your mail status will be reset.

Elwyn, Xee, Anpu and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.