Streamer Support - Another Opinion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Strider99, Dec 11, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CICI

CICI Avatar

it very ez to make gold in sota if you know what your doing =)

Girlsname and necronut like this.
  2. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

So hard to know to do Upper Tiers, I'm sure there's a macro out there with 5 rangers doing Multishot..... =)

Vero, necronut and CICI like this.
  3. Virsago2099

Virsago2099 Avatar

Yes this is true. I didn't imply that it was exclusive to donors (at least that wasn't my intent). Anyone can usually enter and win. I don't think I've seen anyone do "followers only" giveaways or "subs only". The point of the comment was to show that was to show that streams receive a benefit from the giveaways, and that there is an incentive to do them without the devs help at all.

This doesn't mean that the devs are obligated in any way to donate to a streamers channel. It's quite generous of them if you ask me. But to more properly address this, lets do a bit of math. The most common bit goal i see for COTO giveaways is between 400-500 bits. For every 100 bits donated the streamer gets about $1. The average value of the COTOs given away is usually 50-100. So using those numbers, for every 100 COTOs giveaway at a bit goal of 400 the streamer will earn $4. You can buy 750 COTOs for $10. That's a net profit of $18, with 5 0COTOs left over. Now I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume that the vast majority of streamers that have reached affiliate status can probably afford to put $10 into their stream. Then every giveaway after that first one, pays for itself. Obviously no one is getting rich doing this, but I wanted to show that it's kinda silly to say people can't afford to buy their own COTOs for thier stream as a justification for the devs doling them out for free. Now, I don't begrudge any streamer for making money on their channel. I think it's a wonderful thing that people can make money doing what they love. I just also happen to believe that it's not necessary for that to be facilitated by the developers of the game.

I followed the other thread for a while, and i never saw anyone imply that COTO giveaways from other streamers were damaging to their stream. Maybe this is just a conclusion you jumped to? The above comment comes off as a jab at people who are disagreeing with you to be honest.

4. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

I wasn't there for that conversation, if it occurred, but I'm okay either way. I was giving away COTOs way before Chris started giving them out and will continue to regardless of what the outcome is. :)

5. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

Their viewer numbers seem very...... low.

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  6. Gia2

Gia2 Avatar

Everytime a shitstorm ahahahha, even between us. discouraging as hell like the standards of forum

necronut likes this.
  7. Gia2

Gia2 Avatar

Eureka boys here the chief
    Official port streams: roughly 150-300
    Un Official twitcher: 0-50+ ?in case of Elgarion, Wacko etc

With these numbers think the real issue is the lacking of people on the official ones

8. necronut

necronut Avatar

You must be looking at the wrong Akeada, lol.

Girlsname likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.