Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

accidentally Dragging glyphs off the combat bar & dragging the combat bar

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Rinaldi, Dec 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

These issues have been going on for such a long time, and the "fixes" that have been attempted by Portalarium suggest that there is a fundamental misunderstanding of the problems. As it is now, the inadvertent movement of the hotbars and the dragging of glyphs off the hotbars can completely disrupt the flow of combat. I consider these issues to be bugs.
    Here are some explanations for the various problems and ways to correct them.

Major problems with the Hotbars:
    1. Add the Ability to lock/unlock movement of the hotbars - this would prevent accidental dragging of the hot bar across the screen when when furiously clicking on glyphs in battle.
    2. Add the Ability to lock/unlock direct editing of the hotbars - as it stands now, when furiously clicking on glyphs in battle, all of the sudden a "locked" glyph gets dragged into another combat bar position and the deck re-shuffles. Also, a rapid double click, can completely remove a glyph from the hotbar. How it should be: Add the Ability to lock/unlock direct editing of the hotbars. Turning this option on would only prevent you from moving or removing the glyphs directly on the hotbar, it would not prevent you from switching decks and it would not prevent you editing your combat-bar in the deck-editing window. [Portalarium attempted to partially address this problem: they created a right click menu on the hotbar where you select "remove" to delete the glyph. This is not a sufficient fix because glyphs can still be accidentally deleted from the hotbar when in combat. With the right click menu, if you click twice in rapid succession (as often happens in combat) the first click opens the menu and the second click removes the glyph. Also, Portalarium made it possible to drag glyphs off the combat bar while in combat, which allows inadvertent rearranging of the glyphs on combat bar].
    Other suggestions regarding the hotbars:
    1. Add Shortcut from hotbar to the deck creation/edit window.
    2. Add Ability to activate/deactivate auto-attack directly from the combat bar - instead of remembering the hot-key or finding the setting buried in the options menu, I think that it would be more user friendly to set this directly on the combat bar. perhaps include it as an options in the "cog" menu shown by the red arrow below.

[​IMG]

12/09/2019 10:59
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 32708
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.QA.Win.64.900.Date.12.05.19
    Area: Novia_R3_Island01_01
    Area Display Name: Blood Bay
    Loc: (-593.8, 37.7, 189.8)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfSXNsYW5kMDFfMDF8fCgtNTkzLjc4MSwgMzcuNzE1LCAxODkuNzU1KXwoMCwgMC45MDksIDAsIC0wLjQxNil8LTg1MC4yMTgxfDYxLjk1NDc5fDMuNTk5OTg4

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    Gia2, Sawtooth, Barugon and 5 others like this.
  2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Good luck....
    This has been requested in the past and nothing from Chris, even in the form of an acknowledgement .........

3. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Seriously, I think I reported this back in the R3x's... and other people have reported this time and time again. But who knows, maybe *this* time?

4. Garfunkel Humperdinck

Garfunkel Humperdinck Bug Hunter

This issue is driving me crazy. I would love a way to lock these things in place.

Rinaldi and Mishikal like this.
  5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

This is something that does effect new players. From time to time in chat you will see a new player ask if there is a way to lock down the position of the various windows and combat ui, so they cannot be moved.

Of which we have to respond with, no. Sorry...

Rinaldi, FrostII and Mishikal like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.