Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] BAD TAX DATA

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Cordillia, Dec 13, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cordillia

Cordillia Avatar

Logged into the game. According to the folks in discord one of my adjacent properties was missing. Upon loading i received a notice that my taxes went unpaid and that I would find my stuff in the bank.
    1 My taxes are paid. usually every 2 weeks to top off at 60 Days (in case of internet outage)
    2 My other property, which is of lesser value is paid. Again 38 days worth which is normal but for both obv.
    3 Why do i have 24000 in credit (12 days of paiment) on this property? Not my doing...
    4 How am I to move 250 000 stone 8200+ objects out of the bank?

Took me over 2 years to assemble the collection and 1 whole year to deco (just my dungeon).
    This mistake or error has cost me the game. I could not get the time back or the time in the futur to even begin to retry this when as i reiterate MY TAXES were paid and if checked can be seen to have the same behaviour ...
    top off to 60 days on both every 2 weeks or so.

Id like to disassemble your whole house, I mean the tilesm rafter plates, rebar, fence posts... all totalling over 8200 items and tell you its your time to reassemble your house with no help. Would you even bother?

Please check what went wrong. Look at the clock / rent/ tax timer/. Either way until my stuff is placed back where it was before the patch its useless being in the bank. I will be forced to sell the account and take my friends to another game.

Please respond soon thank you.

2. Numa

Numa Avatar

Another case of bad tax data. My lot was in the Breaker's Landing POT in a row lot reserved for my avatar Numa Vorlanos. Solstar (the mayor reserved it for me):

------

My tax-free, place-anywhere row lot deed expired in the POT I've been living in due to my long absence from the game.

My claim to the row lot expired in Nov 2018. Tried to reclaim the row lot just now but the game said that i owe 13.5k of back taxes.

Since my lot deed is tax-free then why do i owe back taxes at all? The lot is supposed to be reserved under my account by the POT mayor fyi.

3. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Whether there's a bug with the game or user error or just forgetfulness at times, this is another good reason for the default behaviour when the game abandons a lot is to send it to the magic mover slot.

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the tax stuff will have to be addressed by a dev, but i can speak to this: what a governor reserving a lot for you does is keep anyone else from claiming it. it sounds like that worked.

Anpu and Numa like this.
  5. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

Assigned this High Priority ...

Created Issue# 66180

Anpu likes this.
  6. Numa

Numa Avatar

[​IMG]

more data on the lot rent-tax error I've reported above. Loc coordinates found in chat box in pic.

7. Numa

Numa Avatar

fyi - i paid off the erroneous 13.5k of rent back taxes so i could place my PA tax-free row lot deed and start setting up my house again in Breakers Landing.

Held off doing this as long as i could in case the bug got fixed soon. But it would have been too sad not to have my house back in place by New Year.

If I could have a refund of that 13.5k once the bug does get fixed that would be great!

Thanks for all the responses guys :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.