WHY PVP IS IMPORTANT TO ME.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brink1123, Dec 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Go play it..........

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  2. Gia2

Gia2 Avatar

I second all pvp ideas here, but until we have this delay between clients im not goin to pvp in this game.
    Desync is not unity related, cannot be tolerated in 2020.
    Take a Player from each side of the globe. Put them together. Lagfest. For just a pvp ladder ? No ty

Gageman and Adam Crow like this.
  3. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

People forget that UO was dying thanks to PVP until they split PVP out. Only then did the numbers start rising again.

4. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I'd support a separate PVP server. I would never visit it. :)

Chatele, Cordelayne, Cyin and 3 others like this.
  5. disorder

disorder Avatar

This is the fundamental problem why PVP will never be viable in this game. P2P networking in a PVP game in 2019? Yeah.. OK... great idea.

6. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Im all for pvp, but a separate server with full loot/gank fest going on, doesn't sound appealing to me. The way leveling and gear works, it would be horrible. Some of the builds are just too OP, and the stuns and damage is just too high. I don't think something like that would bring players in at all.

Sounds cool in theory, but the reality of it would be a few high level/skilled guys with the most powerful build just taking everyone's stuff constantly. Nobody enjoys losing over and over, when you feel like you have no chance.

I think there are better solutions out there then splitting things up like that.

7. Trinity

Trinity Avatar

That is the problem now.
    Lower level avatars have NO CHANCE.
    High level avatars have no penalty for abusing low level avatars.

(as a result, low level avatars don't pvp which makes high level avatars angry)

8. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I fully understand this idea, however the issues I see is that many folks don't want to loose real money (skins, deeds, houses etc) to PVP. I do not want to have to unload all my inventory everytime I decide to walk out of my town. Mind you with how things are changing with Hertiage that fixes a lot of that part where things are no trade / no drop for the items above.

I also think they really should take a page from UO and have it so that well in PVP if you have not killed anyone you are a different Con and those that have con Red for X time. I would also like to see it like UO where those that defend are not marked red. If you kill a lot of people the red will stay longer allowing many of us to hunt PKers vs those that want to play marshal. just a thought @Chris

I do like the idea of the Ransom system though even though I have not had much experience with it, If we can protect store bought assets I'm game to open things up more but really think we need away to flag those that just want to kill people a lot which seems to work in other games so that we know who the bad guys are :) just my thoughts.

Xee

9. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I was thinking about this as well @Adam Crow , perhaps they could simply scale down player vs player dmg which would make the fights longer but make it more skill based rather than some of us who can 1 shot people with OP builds. At the last event in bloodbay well fun there was issues like Ank protection and ganking people as they spawn. As well with timeshift made it almost impossible for many builds to function against dots and big spells.

10. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

I’m generally not against PvP…if there would be evenly rewards and consequences. E.g. if you decide to be a bandit (PK+looting without warning) you should as consequence not be able to freely move in regular towns as the guards would attack you.

To make PvP generally more interesting faction might be the easiest way to implement by creating at least 3 groups who are in competition. Each group could have a headquarter town that can be raided but not be claimed by another faction...the same maybe for PoTs. The remaining settlements belong to one of those factions but by invading them and securing a building (e.g. staying alive in a wave battle of NPC guards and avatar defenders for a set time) you can claim the settlement for your own faction.
    Depending on the current global diplomacy status between the factions (e.g. war/neutral/ally) you might have troubles to get to your claimed lot if another faction is owning the town but within your locked house you might be always save to e.g. plan a recapture.

Maybe combat scenes could be claimed from faction too...but maybe just temporary. E.g. there is a abandoned camp you have to rebuild for x gold. If done there are added 500 NPC guards (just as numbers and not visible) to the camp while 20 of them roam the scene helping their own faction and fighting monsters/the opposite factions. Their combat contribution would be valued as help like the damage of a pet and this way if they kill something avatars of their faction could still loot it. Killing one of those guards will reduce the number to 499 and once all 500 are dead the camp is again abandoned.

Killing avatars or NPCs of other factions could add fraction points to your account that is defining your positions within the faction (e.g. top 10 are guards of honor, top 100 are knights, top 1000 are squires,...) and this way what you can do or can purchase within the faction. E.g. with 1000 faction points you might be a knight but purchasing a 7d buff for all members of your faction might reduce your factions points to 300 and now you are again just a squire within the faction ranking.

Maybe to not scare away new avatars and let them first learn how to play SotA...the avatars are not part of the faction-system until they complete the main story but once finished they get requests from all factions to join them....or maybe not from all but those who are close to their virtue status. If you join a faction or not would be your decision but as long as you are in a faction PvP should be always on and otherwise always off. This way non-faction avatars might be just able to participate in PvP while they are in the PvP scenes.

Also the mentioned adjustment of dmg might help the general avatar to participate in PvP as it is just frustrating to be instant killed without a possibility to react...even if your only choice is to run away/to your friends.
    With lower damage it might be even possible for a group of "weak" avatars to stand a chance against a strong avatar if they are working together.

11. Love UO

Love UO Avatar

Pvpers need sheep not other skilled players. UO taught me that.

12. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

If that was the case, PVP would be great here, unfortunately here we have tons of sheeps and very very few skilled players, this is why PVP is not fun.

Sheeps are needed in game with full loot and full pvp, what we need here is to not get punished for being pvpers, PVP zones are one of the main problem, all pvpers i know who didn't left the game are playing all the day in safe zones cause there's not point to get less xp/igg/resources per hour farming in pvp zones, there is nothing to fight for, there are no goals and now without the ransoms seems the few skilled players stopped pvping and it's all sheeps around.

Adam Crow, Dhanas and Xee like this.
  13. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I think that the pvp zones need exactly that a reason for people to want to go there. like really rare resources for crafting and or perhaps maybe put some sort of obsidian obelisk that if captured and held by a person and or party a major bonus until its captured by someone else... or maybe have it in a small keep that you have to break down doors and or walls etc... Siege stuff where you have to gather resources to rebuild to keep it protected. maybe on certain times the keep is able to be captured... may ways to improve things.

CatherineRose and Antrax Artek like this.
  14. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

He isn't just asking for PvP content:

Cordelayne likes this.
  15. Gageman

Gageman Avatar

As someone who doesnt bother to PVP in Sota, I would point out that all those games and many more are WAY more fun and easy to PVP in. When I want to kill another human opponent, I go play there, not SOTA. Sota has a buggy and weird combat system that really isnt set up to PVP. I really dont understand why anyone would waste their time PVPing here. Its everyone's prerogative to do what they want, but people need to stop the fantasy of Open World SOTA pvp. Not going to happen, ...Never. Its about 5X more likely that PVP is abolished on this game than made the norm. That is because the big dollar supporters who are in effect, keeping this game afloat, dont pull a hair for PVP. They care about fishing and dollhousing and dance parties.So drop your bloody sword and grab your powdered wig and fancy dancing sabots if you want to be an avatar.

16. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

hmm PVP Dance off! great idea!

17. Gageman

Gageman Avatar

I second that most wholeheartedly. It would be two smaller dying servers and the players who want to PVP could go off and do their thing with others like themselves, while the PVE players would be spared the constant whinging from the PVPers who are butthurt about "Unbalanced This" and "We have to nerf that" which in effect just lessens the fun the PVE players are having with constant skill nerfs and the like. I am afraid that most of the PVP players wouldnt go to the new server however, because without the opportunity to bully players who dont PVP, where is the joy? So, if you are listening @Chris , please put me down for a vote for segregation and a hopeful end to the 6 year long string of whining and complaining on both sides of the aisle.

Cordelayne and FrostII like this.
  18. Gageman

Gageman Avatar

I have been calling for PVP flagged dance parties and fishing tournaments for years! I would DEFINETLY do that.

19. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

Why would PVPers need a whole server when they have a bunch of zones?

20. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Cause PVP zones are subpar low tier Safe zones, but yeah we don't need a server we just need better pvp zones comparable to pve ones.

PS: News of the day, Tartarus safe zone has Lord Satyrs bosses while the PVP one hasn't for example.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.