How many MORE years is loot going to suck?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lord Tachys al`Fahn, Dec 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

arcdevil, Caree Death, Anpu and 7 others like this.
  2. Oakenhammer

Oakenhammer Avatar

Chris said in the stream today that he's hoping to tackle loot overall in January. Apparently, it is very tedious work going through and updating all the loot bundles.

Sol Stormlin likes this.
  3. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

Agree Totally. Just finished doing 30 Trolls in the Snowy Mountains. Have done at least another 50 over the past 2 months. Total Artifacts or even just something special. ZERO. I have not posted in a long time but this is just getting too much. Ever since the capability to combine artifacts to create rares and legendary artifacts has come in, the number of artifacts dropped like a rock. The old give them a dime and take away a dollar. Part of doing some of these areas over and over again is the anticipation that something different or of value will fall. Now it is just getting to be a total waste of time. One of the reasons I quit posting is because I was getting to the point where I was getting more and more tempted to curse every other word and slam a few people for the total lack of understanding of the player base. I thought maybe things were starting to improve but again it is the old give me something and then take away twice as much the next week. The game should be for fun. The Economy now is not growing at all. The reason is because what you get in loot you spend in reagents, potions or other items just to go on the next hunt. You never have enough gold to purchase better armor or in game artifacts etc.

4. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

If I had one gold piece for every time I heard that they were going to redo the loot tables I would not have to gold at all since I would be rich as hell. Talk is Cheap! I'll believe it when I see it. Cannot even count on one had the number of years I've heard that loot would be changing. As long as they continue to use a system that attempts to balance the amount of gold that is generated to that which used for purchases the system will continue to fail. More gold needs to be generated (loot) than what is purchased so Crafts People and Merchants can be paid a reasonable price for their efforts.

5. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

I have killed several hundred reapers by now... I had been receiving an average of one ashen heartwood for every ten reapers.

Haven't seen one in months.

Haven't EVER seen a cowbell.

Best I have had is a ring of lich kind... one, and that was from skinning the thirtieth dragon our group had run through that night.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
    Sentinel2 and FrostII like this.
  6. redfish

redfish Avatar

100 years

7. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

I do not doubt lol

8. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Worst yellow bundle ever?

[​IMG]

Gageman, margaritte, FrostII and 4 others like this.
  9. redfish

redfish Avatar

Now you can run as fast as a wolf. Very exciting.

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I spent a lot of time in Ulfheim over the last tree months trying to get a cowbell and a wyvern head. I eventually got both and collected 26 ashen heartwood along the way.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  11. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

[​IMG]
    54 minute loot, and i was afk most of it programming my stuff :p
    Looking for a item in particular can be tedious, but if you just aim everyday boss you will get alot more

12. Aetrion

Aetrion Avatar

It's always going to suck, because without instancing or anything like that this game effectively has no way to limit the amount of times a person can kill a certain enemy without making them spawn so slowly that your chance of ever killing it at all drops to basically zero if you're not a no-lifer who can camp the spawn.

Without mechanics that limit the amount of rewards you can attain in a given day everything always has to be dialed in so the game doesn't break by the actions of the most extreme grinders.

I think some randomized daily quests etc. that have good rewards would be a significantly bigger boon to the game because of that. Things need to be worthwhile doing for people who only play for an hour or two, or only on the weekends. Everything in the current game screams "don't bother" if you don't want to spend a lot more time than that.

13. oplek

oplek Avatar

Just the way that's put is worrying. The problem needs more than "updates". It needs a re-envisioning.

Dawgs of War and FrostII like this.
  14. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

Your post is the exact problem. Thanks for pointing out that you can go to a tier 10+ zone and get loot. Most people cant solo that stuff. But hey because you can though right. Loot is always good.

15. yinki2

yinki2 Avatar

i think loot in tartarus is ok, getting mant diferent loot , blue and yellow bundled (few) all 5 bandit armor set ( drop as common or uncommon) and other artis.. and some ok gold.

very happy when getting a breastplate (rare drop), but u need 64 to make a legendary . and how many to get an exceptional.. then pray for a good enchant.

its almost infinite, but i feel my char gear progress and thats cool :)

oh and some mobs drop silver and gold ore as well same as torc the troll

16. Numa

Numa Avatar

A personalized, random daily quest from the Oracle would be nice. It would encourage people who just login for the XP and gold dailies to be more active.

Paladin Michael likes this.
  17. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

I agree that loot need some improvments, specially bundles and rare components for crafting. I have reported several times that Salvage is broken since r69 but the issue persist. GM salvaging + potion of reclamation and i got only few rock maple handles from torc axes and hammers, mossy green handle and savage handle now is almost impossible to get.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  18. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

Playing without proper rewards for time investment gets tedious.

19. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Welcome to Shroud of the Avatar! ;)

Dawgs of War, FrostII, Anpu and 3 others like this.
  20. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I still think they should simply add special named mobs that have a chance to spawn that guarantee an item drop. Have it for each area that way like many games before you know when you see the named mob that you will get special loot. id love to be able to run through a zone and every so often see some named spawn to get excited over rather then no know if I am getting anything special after farming x number of a mob. just my thoughts, and it works for many games as well has a positive psychological effect on people. Thoughts?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.