Excited about the new NO TRADE artifacts ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elrond, Dec 19, 2019.

?

Do you want NO TRADE Artifacts ?

1. YES

2. NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

From Chris last stream.

Apparently we will be getting lots of new artifacts in the future as loot and some of them will be NO TRADE . Im curious ...if the system didnt work with the store why force it ingame on players loot ? Im not a fan of NO TRADE items as loot or store. I loot the no trade item once..twice ...20 times eventually its gonna end up as another no purpose item to fill my chests with .

Loot is already a problem ... adding NO TRADE items wont make it better .

Just my opinion .

2. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

I was so excited I pulled all my subs and dropped my twitch sub.

3. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

This was for fishing artifacts where bot farming would be super easy with no skill. Other artifacts would remain the same as they are now.

Anpu, Lained and Boris Mondragon like this.
  4. yinki2

yinki2 Avatar

maybe he meant future artifacts raid loot ? after the holly trilogy is finaly required in some high end zone.

we need raids and tactical team gameplay.
    some million hp creatures that one shot if u not well ready. i want some raid wipe and mass ressurect skill, i want to be part of healer group and chain heal the main tank, i want to spend my guild dragon killing points on some fat loot ,, and i dont care if its no drop or not..i d be proud to wear it.

Cristiano Kimberlin likes this.
  5. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

Should not matter who, what, when, where, why, or how.

Minus Quest Item/Reward(s).

6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Some of the best trade items in the game are quest items. Frostgeist skulls, I've got one on every chimney. How many alt accounts would I need for that, rather than having payed some gold to someone?

Here is my firm stance. Economic energy increases the energy and value of the game. It is one of the most interesting things in the game. Every no trade item is a loss.

If it's so easy to bot fishing, put in some INTERACTIVITY and make it interesting. A moment where we need to move the mouse to set the hook is the super duper obviouso thing. Pull in a direction based on a visual cue makes it even harder to bot. Ie, pull up right.

7. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

now that my friend is what I think for sure needs to happen. a simple fish bob at random time which requires you to click at the moment would go a long way to solving that. Minigame's are an easy way to thwart easy crafting bots for sure. Some game even put it into crafting quality so that like old golf simulators you had to hit space bar at a specific point to achieve excellence. I can hear many top crafters already barking at that idea lol, but I would be game for that.

Adam Crow, Sarek, Gravidy and 4 others like this.
  8. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I already have a job taking up a large share of my time. SOTA can't turn into a second job for me. Don't have the time available. That said, I've been playing ESO and learning how others do it. More powerful items are ONLY character/account bound when you put them into a character slot. So wearing that armor or sword, you cannot sell it afterwards. It's no trade.

Anything not character bound can be sold. So if you never wear / use it, it's free to sell.

There ARE some items which can never be sold. Stuff you get for free such as the login reward of the day (changes daily) can be a double experience for two hours scroll or a special potion of enhanced stats for an hour. Things you don't want to miss out on. Those cannot be traded. But then again, everyone can get them just by logging in and clicking claim reward :D

StarLord, Cordelayne, Numa and 4 others like this.
  9. Gravidy

Gravidy Avatar

I'd love to see this for every gathering skill. When that's done, move on and do it for every refining skill. Anything that has a boring progress bar today should be replaced by a small mini-game (i.e., active gameplay).

Anpu, Adam Crow, Cordelayne and 3 others like this.
  10. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

I think you are mistaking modern bots with old school keyboard macros. Such simple games can be botted in a instant. I mean some modern bots have chat AI so they respond if approached. Finding a certain control on the screen and pressing a button when the relevant pixel changes colour is child's play.

PS I don't bot, I don't pay for the rewards subscription so my computer can play games without me. I have however implemented very complex automation at work for systems that have no API and are therefore reliant on the system recognising and reacting to graphical interfaces. This is now simple stuff.

Regards
    Spung

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  11. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

I'm actually working on a crafting system that has mini-games for the gathering/production skills. The mini-games are optional (ie, if you don't play the mini-game, you'll still end up with an item). But playing the mini-game can improve the quality of the item, and allows for adding attributes/effects to the item. So, if you have a high quality components that are on the cusp of being an exceptional quality item, and you play the mini-game and do well, you could end up with an exceptional quality item with an extra attribute or effect.

Arkah EMPstrike, Elrond and Gravidy like this.
  12. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Is this for the game or just a personal project ?

13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

For episode 2, I'd like to see more quest artifacts like the bonesteel crown, heart of sorrows, scepter of dread and the shroud.

Cordelayne likes this.
  14. CICI

CICI Avatar

More no trade! lol player driven economy?
    Just make a fishing quest lol

Cordelayne likes this.
  15. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Thought he was only refering to specifically stuff from fishing sicne it could be botted extremely easily and hard to detect

EDIT: nvm bunch of other people in this thread heard that part too and corrected it before i even showed up :p

"Do you want No Trade artifacts?" No, not really.

But I see potential fun in having some artifacts be no-trade and requiring you to go acquire it yourself if you wish it to be awarded to you. Such as havign drop rates NOT be dismal because you cant flood the game with them because they are no trade. So ulfhiem dragon almost garunteed no-trade drop? Sure, i would enjoy that.

16. Virsago2099

Virsago2099 Avatar

This isn't exactly true for ESO. Any gear aquired from dungeon bosses and trials can only be traded to players that were in your group when you picked it up, and only for a short time. Most of the best gear in game is in trials, and fall under these conditions. There is plenty of other gear sets you can collect through over world exploration and pvp, that can be traded, but they are rarely among the best gear in the game. It's a system that works really well. But if you run a lot of trials, you'll be deconstructing a lot of gold armor, weapons, and jewelry, because you can't sell it.

Anpu, Numa and Sentinel2 like this.
  17. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

It's starting off as a personal project, that will probably become a game project once I finish the current game I'm working on (about 95% complete at the moment; in beta testing phase).
    The SOTA crafting system is one of the better crafting systems out there. But there are several ways that it can be improved, to give the player more fun (better than watching progress bars count down) and more ability to craft items they want by actually involving themselves in the crafting process. Play the mini-games and do well, get a better item than just watching that progress bar move. Item Quality will have more meaning. Skill levels have an impact on the mini-game (having a higher skill level could perhaps equate to a longer time period to strike the metal, or a larger hit box to hit the right place on a blade to make it stronger). Using different materials and components garner different attributes/effects (very similar to the way different woods or ores can give different properties in SOTA).

Anpu, Adam Crow, Dawgs of War and 2 others like this.
  18. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Sounds great looking forward to seeing something like this implemented in sota.

Gravidy likes this.
  19. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Someone is always going to be like that, hopefully they get caught and banned eventually. Having to pull the mouse in the direction against the fish (setting the hook) should help keep quite a few people from botting it, but yes, there are always the hooligans.

However, the other benefit of making fishing interactive is that interactivity is literally the reason to play games. Currently fishing is pretty 1 dimensional.

20. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

I don't care if they make crown store items NO TRADE since it's their source of income but Artifacts? What's next? Resources?

@Chris here is an idea. Just make everything NO TRADE. From game gold to rusted fork. Make everything NO TRADE and be done with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.