WHY PVP IS IMPORTANT TO ME.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brink1123, Dec 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

They don't need to make the loot and xp better in the pvp zones to get real pvpers to go there. That is how you attract sheep and I and any legit pvper has no interest in sheep. Been there, done that, it's not fun to kill people that aren't good at fighting.

What needs to be done is make the PvP zones the same loot and xp as the top pve zones. That way the players can decide if they want to level up and collect loot in a safe zone or do it in a dangerous zone with other people to fight with. Then the pve players don't feel forced to go there and won't be upset. And a pvp player can level up in areas where they can easily find others to engage in combat with and fight over resources. The only thing exclusive to the pvp zones should be items only useable in pvp. Then everyone is happy!

2. Brink1123

Brink1123 Avatar

no that wont work and nobody will be happy. If they "make the PvP zones the same loot and xp as the top pve zones." because nobody would visit the pvp area why risk it if you can get the same with no risk? nobody would go there! thats kinda the point there has to be a reason for people to venture into those areas.

3. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

It would work. Not for you though if you're just trying to gank noobs. I like to fight with people and pve while im waiting to engage. If they evened out the loot and made it similar to the pve zones and kept the same mechanics already in place for pvp zones, they technically would be a little better. More supply bags, pvp exclusive items etc. It would definitely work. If you're looking for sheep you're playing the wrong game.

4. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

@Antrax Artek ; Thank you for enlightening me on the plan and rewards offered. A shame the "Sheep" did not see it was a slaughter house plan all along. I am glad I was not the one to organize this. A good learning lesson and a shame the "Sheep" count has dwindled. Hope you guys get new people to join this cause. R/Boris

Sol Stormlin likes this.
  5. Gageman

Gageman Avatar

Here is the problem with PVE vs PVP, it is half measures. This game should be either PVP or PVE , the coexistence part is really shite. No one is happy and both sides complain about the others. It causes fractious and hostile relationships to form based on the mechanics instead of the content. If I want to Hate Antrax because he is a villain within the confines of the game, then that is cool and fine, If I hate Antrax because he is running around complaining about game mechanics and getting my playstyle nerfed so he can have balance in some meaningless fight somewhere, then that is bad. Its not immersive and its the type of disruption that gets old quickly and makes people rethink their limited leisure time choices.
    Under the current system , we are not going to attract any new PVP players, we just are not. Its a bad system and aside from the dozen or so players who are heavily invested in SOTA PVP, its a huge waste of resources and time from a very limited and unfocused dev team. PVE isnt great either, but there is just a larger group of players who prefer it and arent going to PVP no matter what you do. We sit around here spouting these outlandish ideas about how to fix this rift, but the reality is that that most would take a huge amount of code reworking, testing, etc and that is NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN... N.. E..V..E..R..!
    The solution here is either open the entire server up to unlimited unregulated PVP and hope the 9 guys who want that have FAT bank accounts and don't mind supporting Chris and his family. Or abolish it, let those handful of guys cry and throw one last tantrum, then they will go away and the drain will be gone. Dont be sad though PVP peeps, the Dance party people will eventually drive us all out anyways.

FrostII and Boris Mondragon like this.
  6. Gageman

Gageman Avatar

Exerpt, I am NOT calling @Antrax Artek a villain or a crybaby. I just used his name because he is the only guy I still know who PVP's and needed an a player name to give my argument that "Human touch". To the contrary, I think Antrax is a pretty cool guy. Sorry if I cast shade, not my intent.

CatherineRose and Antrax Artek like this.
  7. Juan Solo

Juan Solo Avatar

I play since R49. I like to PVP/PK, that was allways my goal. I tried/chaged builds BUT honestly I can not do anything. We all know who are the PVPers in this game, they are very high level, or farming in groups, there's no chance.

Deck build or skills are less important than what you wear.

New peopple dont enter the game and high level are getting stronger and stronger with tons of pooll exp.

Honestly I liked the death penalty, maybe they should brig it back. So the characters was "unique" and care more about their builds. Now they are 140 in everything.
    Thats how I think.
    Merry Christmas to all PVPers and PVErs /hug

CatherineRose and Antrax Artek like this.
  8. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

I agree on some points, but i don't on the adventuring level and pool xp part, diminishing return fixes that, i'm level 116 and still levels 135+ rarely win against me.
    And yes, gear, decks, builds and irl pvp skills are the key points of PVP in this game.

[​IMG]

Hey man no worries, i understood you took me as an example, but is cool you specified also for others.

9. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Really ?

10. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

I think it's annoying when pvpers call people sheep.

11. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Also childish ..........

Cyin and Boris Mondragon like this.
  12. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

I was the one who organized the Black Sails Blood Bay event.

So much should have been done differently but it was not. Many events in the past were done great and made fun for all who chose to participate.

I can not promise those of you who attended that the next event will be what is expected but it will not have the same mistakes as the Blood Bay event. Not because I do not make mistakes but because I will not make the same mistakes ...more than likely just different ones.

This game has so much potential for everyone, both PVE players as well as PVP players. Many of you gave some really good suggestions as to how the Blood Bay event could have been much better. Some of you were only angry and wanted to blame the ones responsible. That is human nature to blame. It is also true that blame does not correct the thoughts or actions of anyone. Tearing apart usually destroys. Facing the problems whether in a society, city, state, country or family in real life will cause one to see that problem. The problem can then be corrected and the next time be changed.

I am not a young player but can assure you that this game is loved. That is why it is so important to find ways to make the game fun for every person young or old. It does not matter. Anything worth doing is worth finding a way to bring joy to each who ventures to play not just for one person.

Thank you, all of you, @Antrax Artek , @Lily Byrd , @devilcult , @Mangar , @Adam Crow , @Datendrache, @Trinity who gave specific suggestions for solutions that would make the next PVP , RP of the Black Sails Chronicles, New Beginnings events better are much appreciated. As we work together toward making each event whether it is a PVP event or PVE this game will continue to be a great experience in each of our days.

We may never have ways of making PVP or PVE or even RP or Writing Stories perfect for everyone . We can seek to do our part in making this game fun for each person we meet along the way in our game life.

Lily Byrd, Numa, Anpu and 4 others like this.
  13. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Oh but the cool part is that no PVPer calls people sheep, on the contrary this term is very used by anti-PVPers in order to blame and mortify the PVPers.

14. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

It's divisive and counterproductive no matter who says it. It's also the kind of language and attitude that keeps people from supporting the pvp cause in this game.

Antrax Artek likes this.
  15. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Yeah, that's why who hates PVP keeps using that word, it makes both sides upset and keep alive the conflict between the two parts, it's called flaming, some people based their lives on this.

16. Johnwick

Johnwick Avatar

Starting point in pvp is to be able to be able to bank your gold. Lower prices on gear, raise loot drop for Crafting materials. Red, grey, blue status. Put forth a bounty system for other players paying gold put up by actual players. Limit skill cap. Defining if your a fighter or crafter. Here's the thing that's gets me the most...why do I even need an armorer, or weapon maker? The Crafters out there also lose out! I don't need them and they don't need me end of story, both sides lose!
    Make Crafters needed, make fighters needed, that way we can use each other for our own benefits. The less you have to gather as a crafter the more you can focus on your trade, hire pvp to to go to those hard places to get those special ingredients! This system can work and keep pve happy as well as pvp. It should take about 4 hours of GAMEPLAY to clear your pvp status(logging off to clear pvp status should be a no go!).
    There is Soo much they could've done by this time! It's sad really they haven't figured it out yet.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
  17. Johnwick

Johnwick Avatar

You could counter that by putting into place a level gap between players anyone 20 levels lower than you, you cannot attack too low to be any competition. At level 40 all bets are off, by this time your build should be enough to get away or kill the other player. The prices on gear are like car shopping in real life, my point is for those prices, you don't want to go out and crash your car, just to buy another an hour later.

Antrax Artek likes this.
  18. Johnwick

Johnwick Avatar

We need to figure out what we can do with pvp for pvprs. If we build something pvp orientated without giving us an edge, then pve have no reason to go there, if they do then that's on them, curiosity killed the cat is the only thing I can come up with. That fault would lay on them personally.

19. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

So...what I'm hearing people in this thread say is we need more taming artifacts. While this is true, let's not forget about bards!

Numa likes this.
  20. Brink1123

Brink1123 Avatar

yea for sure no pvper calls people sheep that term is only used by anti pvp advocates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.