Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Grannus Colossus - Lens not there

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by morilina, Dec 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morilina

morilina Avatar

12/25/2019 14:06
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8300 Eight-Core Processor (8) System RAM: 12203
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series GPU RAM: 1004
    SotA.Win.64.1098.Date.12.24.19
    Area: Novia_R9_Forest01_02
    Area Display Name: Grannus Colossus
    Loc: (144.8, 4.7, -113.8)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjlfRm9yZXN0MDFfMDJ8fCgxNDQuNzk1LCA0LjcxOSwgLTExMy43ODMpfCgwLCAwLjk5OSwgMCwgLTAuMDM3KXwxODQuMjQzM3wyNC4xNTA0OXwyLjkz

I went through the trap door and found the skeleton with the note beside him. I picked up the note, no problem, and the skeleton is glowing blue BUT I can't loot the skeleton. I moved my cursor all over the skeleton but no where does it turn green for me to loot. I even was moving my cursor all over it and pressing the E key to loot.

I logged all the way out and then back in and still not loot able.

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Do you have Options > Multiplayer and Private selected?

I am assuming you are doing this alone, and you have the quest to get the lens?

3. morilina

morilina Avatar

no, i do not have private selected.

yes, i have the quest to get the lens. i had already gotten boreas's lens.

i am not doing this alone. my husband and i quest together. we didnt have any trouble with both of us looting the boreas lens.

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

When doing this quest with another person, currently, only one person at a time can get the lens per visit. To get your second one, you will need to leave the area. Enter again and go through the full scene again and make your way to the skeleton body.

Just letting you know what to do currently, to get your second lens.

Also, this walkthrough: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...tues-path-of-the-oracle-shroud-quests.157869/

does have some information about doing the main quest with another person.

Hopefully Sannio can possibly take a look at this drop for the lens in this scene? It seems a bit strange that people playing with another person can each get a lens in the Boreas Colossus, but you can’t in the Grannus Colossus?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
  5. morilina

morilina Avatar

they really should do something about quest items that are looted when in groups. they give you extra exp for being in a group but make it hard to get quest items when in a group. makes no sense. and it's very annoying for me and my husband because we do quest together all the time and help each other.

Anpu likes this.
  6. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

I'm not sure yet how this quest-based loot item is given to players, but I'll take a look ans see if there's a safe technique to have multiple lenses available for looting. Issue #66207

Anpu likes this.
  7. KalarMaubury

KalarMaubury Avatar

if nothing else, at least have the grannus colossus lens piece loot like the others. that being, that still only one can loot but the "container" (the skeleton in this case) resets after a certain amount of time. that would allow another party member to then loot instead of having to re-do the instance a 2nd time.

i am sure that there are others out there that would appreciate this. also, my husband and i have alts that will eventually get to that point, so we would also appreciate it too.

thank you for looking into this and seeing if something can be done.

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.