Null Panel, Lua addon

Discussion in 'Player Created Lua Script Repository' started by OxNull, Dec 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OxNull

OxNull Avatar

Good day everyone, here is a lua script I made that others might find useful. This is v0.2 and is pretty much something that I got working, but still needs a lot of work. I still want to do some clean up to it and add more user friendly changes so things do not seem "broken." Also optimization of pulling stat info unnecessarily every second.

You can add any stat that is available currently. There are over 400, but most of them have a value of 0 which isn't too useful. If you want to see your stats that have a value you type !list and it will show you all the stats that might be of use. You can add that stats with !add # where # is the number from the stats list. And !remove # where # is the slot number.

I added some custom formatting to some stats to make them more useful. The current ones are health/focus with their min/max and regen per second and combat regen. by themselves they are 8 separate stats , formatted them to one stats slot. Same as carry capacity. its is not as useful with only your total carry weight and not your current weight, so i added them as one stats slot. As time goes on and users recommend other combinations of stats to better format them for stat slots I will add those. Also, Adv XP and Prod XP are not in the stats so I added them to stat # 500 and 501 if you want to track your pool'd exp

Main Layout:
    [​IMG]

Position Top:
    [​IMG]

Position Bottom:
    [​IMG]

Attunment only, Position bottom:
    [​IMG]

Stats Only, Position above chat:
    [​IMG]

User feedback would be much appreciated. I am still working on the height of the panel and font size and formatting. If you would like a specific stat formatted to a slot in a useful way just let me know. Also the color of the border can easily be changed if you just change the 1px square to w/e color you choose.

Here is the file and images assets https://github.com/oxnull-sota/null-panel

v0.2,
    Add the option to
    !swap # with #, which will swap a stat slot with a different stat slot.
    A swap button in the main menu to swap skills with GUI
    !replace # with #, this will replace a slot number with a stat number
    Stat Sync to notify when stats need re-applied.
    !reset, resets the stat sync list to their current values. Use this when you have no buffs and you just changed your gear

Safe Travels
    Ox

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
    FrostII, Aeryk, Drake Aedus and 5 others like this.
  2. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

This looks great. Would it be possible to set values to some skills so the font would change color back and forth?

For example when a buff runs out could I manually set my damage avoidance to turn red at a specific value so that i could tell i needed to re-apply a buff? Green when I have all buffs on etc.

OxNull likes this.
  3. OxNull

OxNull Avatar

I have a simple example like that implemented with the health/focus per second similar to that. If you have food buffs you will see it pulse or alternate colors every second to see when it ticks. That can be extended to other stats too > : ). With the damage avoidence that can definitely be tracked for when you should buffs or not. I'll work on an implentation for damage avoidence and resistience for the next version to be more visually aparent when a buff should be re applied.

Thank you for the inquiry.

Adam Crow likes this.
  4. OxNull

OxNull Avatar

Here is v0.2,
    Add the option to
    !swap # with #, which will swap a stat slot with a different stat slot.
    A swap button in the main menu to swap stats with GUI
    !replace # with #, this will replace a slot number with a stat number
    !reset, resets the stat sync list to their current values. Use this when you have no buffs and you just changed your gear

Also the visual presence of stats that are active and should be refreshed soon.
    It works by taking the Highest a stat was, as well as mid and low. If the stat is at its highest it will stay green. If a stat is at its mid point it will stay orange for 45 seconds and then start to flash for refresh. And if the stat is at its lowest it will simply stay the same color as the others. After 90 seconds of not refreshing your stats it will default back to normal settings. I did no thoroughly test this, so I guarantee it will have some bugs. Such as, switching armor and weapons randomly going from high stats to low stats values. Its a very simple implementation atm.
    With Damage Avoidance, Damage Resistance, Combat Dodge Modifier, and Combat Block Modifier supported.
    [​IMG]
    I've also changes the default panel list to the above to showcase the stat sync feature.

And I edited the OP from using stat and skill interchangeably. What is available to us in LUA is stat numbers, not necessarily skills. Feedback and testing is greatly appreciated.

Safe Travels,
    Ox

EDIT:
    added, !reset, resets the stat sync list to their current values. Use this when you have no buffs and you just changed your gear

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
  5. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

Do you plan on saving the panel position between sessions?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.