Giving my wife my stuff

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pigsnibble, Dec 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pigsnibble

pigsnibble Avatar

I've been playing for a few years now. Big fan early on but was successful in getting my wife to play this time last year, her first MMORP, and she loves it. I have moved on, our toons are no longer compatible due to game mechanics and lack of skill sets being stackable (only real skill set now is fire which is not stackable...dont even try to argue that fire isnt OP....how many DOTs do you need ?)....so there really has been no incentive to group since we cant combine our efforts to kill mobs.

So, having no interest in logging on in the past few months due the continued fire op culture, I attempted to log on to transfer my stuff to my wife to continue her mis-directected efforts.....cant update or allow her to get my stuff to allow her the limited benefits of our combined plunder.

Wishing SOTA well......dont screw this request up.......a simple one.

2. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo Avatar

I may be reading this too fast but what is the actual request?

Anpu likes this.
  3. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

I'm not understanding this either? You can't give her your stuff? Or you can't update the game?

4. pigsnibble

pigsnibble Avatar

i cant update my account or upgrade to allow me into to the game..... I cant log in to give her the stuff.

All i get is an "Error during update" that kicks me out and no other options.

5. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

You don't have to upgrade anything. Just run the launcher, update the game, give her your stuff and she's all set. If you're asking the devs to log into your account and run the updater for you, they're not going to do that.

6. pigsnibble

pigsnibble Avatar

LOL, where did u see me asking the Devs for anything, I have lost all interest and anticipation that they will do anything. My wife, a current player, would like access to my crap accumulated over the years. I have not logged on in a number of weeks and the update, or whatever term is appropriate, is not working for me. I can try to Force the update or Retry the Update....nothing....its dead. My wife is the one thinking there is something left in the game to enjoy.....I was just trying one last feeble attempt to help her along with giving her my junk.....no interest in an argument. I will give her the bad news that the request is apparently beyond the capability of the staff, and wish her god speed and good luck on this insurmountable request.

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Either reinstall the game or login on your wife's machine.

8. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

Greetings!

Based on the statements in you posts above, you may have sent a request to the support staff / Devs asking that we move items between accounts for you. This is not something that we normally do.

Since your wife is a current player, she can log in under your other accounts and access any an all items in that way. if you/she is looking to condense the accounts into one, then she can make herself a co-owner on you lot, and use that to xfer items to her account.

As you have indicated that your installation will not update correctly, if you still want to try to get in to handover items directly, please first check to make sure you have a good amount of free disk space for updates (recommend at least 20GB free to update). If this is not the issue, then you can try to un-install the game and install fresh. But the client not working on your machine will not prevent you from logging in on another and transferring items.

9. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Yes, free space is something you need to up date correctly... Sorry to see you go...

10. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

If you're on Steam, right click on the game, -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify File Integrity

Sol Stormlin likes this.
  11. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

If HER machine works, log in on it, put everything you have in a chest for her on her property. Should be simple. Then she can log in and have it.

Anpu and Duke Gréagóir like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.