Features i would like to see added or fixed in 2020

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elrond, Dec 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Ill start with my own preferences feel free to post your feedback/suggestions in the comment section . I think we can all agree main focus should be on increasing our player base and improving loot .

Crafting
    • Masteries show no improvement in description ( Increases chance to revise effects by how much ?? )
    • Gemmed Weapons enchants power - Do not increase at all ..same at lvl 50-100 or 150 . ( scale their power with level ?)
    • Backslot items - No bonuses from components used .
    • Socketed Jewlery name fix - Ex. Ring of sorcery + 9 shows on vendor as Ring + 9 .
    • Balance artifact wands vs crafted wands ( 1 artifact wand can get to 70 attune like vex or ankh while crafted wand can barely get 27 attune ).
    • Restrict artifact usage to 1 per slot - if weapon only 1 slot can be artifact other can be crafted if ring the same.
    • Ability to enchant taming necklace
    • Craftable gear for crafters - hoods, legs, chests so on that give bonuses to enchant/mw or gathering skills when ench/mw.
    • Recipe book in alphabetical order.
    • Recipes - salvaged for craft xp ? ( only drop recipes)
    • Failure when masterworking 1h is the same as with 2h should be half durability loss for 1h or for items with 100 or less durability .
    • Salvage skill needs to have better results - its pretty useless right now.
    • Perk skills for crafting - ( Fzol ) - would totally add some depth to the current system - pick this perk to get more/better at something ..every 50 levels you get 3 choices ( pick one of 3 ).
    • Food needs more skills and a scaling system - either a combine system like artifacts or a masterwork system .
    • Whisky needs Buffs - 365 real life days to wait on something that gives nothing ..
    • Daily/repetable quests for crafting that reward craft xp and rare components .( Ex. Turn in + 15 armor to get 20k craft xp + a chance at a rare component found only from quest rewards )
    • Overproduction of crafted equipment needs to be solved - millions of crafted gear that sits on vendors or in chests . ( Possible solution tiered ingots system like artifacts).
    • Crafting needs a better leveling progression - some masterwork show 0 improvement even after 16 levels or 400 mil xp used , some only give 0.1 after 400 mil xp used...more details HERE
    • Ability to place Buy Orders for rare components savage handle or mossy so on...
    • Meticulous collection fix .
    • An obsidian chain set would be great.
    • Faster refining time .
    • New Ore, New Leather, New Cloth mats. Could be a combination of the present ones in game to add something new in EP2 ( Boris Mondragon )
    • Crafting Components Stats increase based on crafter skill level ..more details HERE
    • Furniture Salvage - Lets get back some precious wood.
    • Increased Crafting Batch - 20 is low -40 would be better
    • Modifiers for already crafted weapons and armors ...Instead of making a weapon with mossy handle ...allow mossy handle modifier to be attached to an already crafted weapon .
    Social + Guilds + QoL features

• Noob Chat (Hospitaller chat) - New players need help . The game has a high learning curve by allowing new players to ask questions and receive answers from veterans in a global chat we can increase player retention .
    • Guilds need some love - We need guild events , guild battles , guild store ,guild currency ,guild donations, guild reputation system , guild structures ( can give buffs to members when built/upgraded).
    • Alliances - Ability for guilds to form alliances gives access for members to alliance chat .
    • Interactive ingame maps ( with ability to edit and save your map )
    • Vendor Optimization ( Alot of work was done on this by the community .Vladamir has a very extensive guide HERE)
    • Ability to repair locked items
    • More leaderboard stuff - items sold - items bought (npc separate then player vendors)- items crafted- skill levels -xp , guild rankings ( based on members numbers ) , most active guild ....
    • Consumable bar - customizable so we can place it on the side of the screen if we want to - for potions, food, scrolls and any other consumables.
    • In game event calender with "hours until event" info (craftymethod)
    • Fishing visuals improvements ( increased font size ) ..more details HERE .
    • Font - Increased size need it for character stats , xp pool , wallet.
    • Better visual alerts for leveling character/skill , for looting an artifact or for looting crowns.
    • Ability to toggle on and off unfinished quests showing up on screen.
    • Mail system - Add a reply button for someone messaging you ingame .

PVP

• More pvp systems - with good rewards - Battlegrounds - team vs team so on .
    • Obsidian Trial vendor needs to have his inventory expanded with more items ( crafting components , pvp gear or components to make pvp gear...).
    • PVP items - Rally Flag and Rally Scroll - more details HERE

POTS

• Terraforming feature - Add/Remove trees, lakes , mountains , hills , flat terrain so on.
    • Pot Transfers - POTS are a pain to transfer ..we need an ingame system that allows a player to transfer a pot in just a few clicks - transfer token can be included in the ingame system as well.
    • Pot Upgrade - Ingame system for pot upgrade ... maybe instead of pay 100000 crowns to get 10 perks allow smaller purchases like buy 10 light slots or buy 1 building lot.
    • Placeable pot entrance - Allow pot owners to place pot entrances anywhere they wish ( if area is suitable).Allow pot owners to edit entrance name that shows up on overworld. Allow players to select on overworld where they want to enter a POT .
    • Ability for Pot owners to mail all residents of his/her pot . ( and a better mail system )
    • Ability to place 1 vendor in POT usable by all the residents to list on .
    • Upgrade /change lot without unclaiming.
    • Devotionals description tooltip ( they dont say what bonus they give)...more details HERE
    • Devotionals as POT deco

COMBAT

• Deck sorting ( ability to sort combat decks )
    • Ability to use training dummy even if owner not present.
    • Control Points - Wave battles with miniboss - Every 5 waves a miniboss spawns ( stronger then the previous respawn ).
    • Perk system for combat trees - Every xx levels gained on x skill you can choose 1 of 3 to improve that skill.
    • Raids
    • World Boss ?

QUESTS

• Long Quests with lots of story and nice rewards ( Barugon)
    • Daily job board to create daily XP and give players looking for things to do a reason to stay online and play. Both Solo and Group, Adventure and Crafting. (Aartemis)

HOUSING

• Let us place any house on a lot if it fits the lot size ( Paladin Michael )
    • Ability to place/remove house with coowner status ( Paladin Michael )

OTHER

• 10% learning bonus for lord british cupcakes .
    • Dyable blocks and bags
    • Option to have weapon on character back or hidden .
    • Faction system
    • Dyable Hair
    • Coto Repair removal - add some very rare tokens ingame that drop as loot and allow people to repair gear once for 75% second time for 50% .
    • Interactive Books with screenshots able to be loaded into them. (Craftymethod)
    • New faces for characters.
    • Fireworks on overworld and fireworks rack ..more details HERE

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  2. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

The only game developers who listen to their players. Keep the suggestions coming.

arcdevil likes this.
  3. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

And Elrond is a good one to listen to. Lots of good stuff, thanks.

Mishras, Joe Zhudarak, Xee and 9 others like this.
  4. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo Avatar

Agree with all those recommendations.
    Great list Elrond

I've been waiting for Alliance chat for years,
    would love to see that come in.

Elrond likes this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I want long quests with lots of story.

[edit] And nice rewards for completing those quests.

6. Lained

Lained Avatar

*Sows keep lot of seeds*

7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

There are daily quests that do reward crafting xp. But I do like your idea.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  8. CICI

CICI Avatar

cool list =)

9. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo Avatar

And this why dev’s don’t respond.
    When they do they get criticised for their WORDING. :rolleyes:

10. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Calls for a cleanup crew - Thread Highjacked .

Lets stay on topic .Thx.

11. Numa

Numa Avatar

Back on topic.

I like Elrond's idea of alliances for guilds. To add to this, if some form of guild vs guild contests does come to light, it would be nice if the overland map could sport guild flags depending on which guild/alliance currently is on top for that specific point on the map.

Note that guild vs guild contests don't necessarily have to be PvP events. These can be PvE races for example or crafting competitions.

And if a new or interested players taps
    on the map, basic guild info can be displayed. Maybe even upcoming guild events can be displayed.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
    Boris Mondragon likes this.
  12. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

And as I said above ;)
    I want to add a few more things:

Deco/Housing/Crafting - nice to have in game:
    - There is a sunk monastary building in Approach of the Shuttered Eye.
    - There are also impressing monastery parts in Highvale Outskirts!
    - There is a tavern counter in Celestis Inn/Tavern.
    - Double Inn/Tavern signs, like in Celestis Inn/Tavern.

QUESTS:
    I wrote all I think what helps to improve in alot of postings, like this one ;)
    Just the most important:
    JOURNAL: give us chapters for the paths (Love, Truth, Courage, Oracle), please.
    MAPS: we need all quest related maps.

Numa and Elrond like this.
  13. Paladin Michael

AND, what I was currently confronted with:

PROPERTY MANAGER:
    please, let us put a building on a lot if it fits the buildings size.

Example:
    Put a village sized building on a town lot --> transfer to property manager:
    --> Not possible to put (the building only!) on a village lot.

Put a row sized building on a village lot --> transfer to property manager:
    --> Not possible to put (the building only!) on a row lot.

EDIT:
    It would also be fine to place / remove a house with CO-Owner status.
    May be a separate option to grant this ability, too?

StarLife, Numa and Elrond like this.
  14. Paladin Michael

Yes, everyone has their preferences. Mine are story, exploration and quests.
    This does not mean that I cannot make 'objective' suggestions for other areas.
    And yes: from a certain point of view there is no real "objectivity", we are all subjects and talk about our own feelings.

What I mean(t) is: It's okay to have preferences. And to defend them. As long as I am not treating others with disrespect.

What the reason is, why dev's don't response (I don't think they don't listen!) is, they can't manage to do it.
    Their time is short and they can't read every single post of everybody.

They try to make the game better and take it forward.
    I also don't always agree with the priorities, as you can read
    here.
    In the end it is okay, because every expansion contributes to the overall game improvement.

So I wouldn't say, they don't listen or prefer someone.
    But I suppose, they like it to be treated with respect like everybody of us ;)

I think it's a question of priorities they work out on their narrow schedule ...
    This may be -sometimes, sometimes more- hard to understand ;)

At the end of the day we are all people trying their best...

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  15. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

I agree that crafting needs a lot of work and the features in the original post would go a long way to improve things.

However, the #1 feature on the top of my wish list is more players and a growing stream of them.

I hope at least 50% of team's time in Q1 is spent increasing exposure and improving existing systems. I want EP2 land/story at least as much as anyone. I also agree with most of the suggestions here and elsewhere. Of course, I also have my own wish list. But, I keep asking myself about the value they would bring compared to any time the team could spend on exposure. Even if that means not a single new feature or system for a few releases. Google/Facebook ads for games just don't cut it anymore. So, the team will need time to figure out other options. Time that cannot also be spent on features.

16. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

Nailed it!

ps: and please no more time on emails to players who don’t play any more.

17. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

• Interactive Books with screenshots able to be loaded into them.
    • Ability to place 1 item on the ground per player (at least of course but hey this isnt UO) - At least needed for GM treasure hunting like quests?
    • Automated travel via carriage on the overworld. (perhaps a use for the Air Baloon, would bee line to target location not much pathing setup required?)
    • Better ship routes (logically being able to move around ie to the next harbor etc! we dont need more boats at jetties, we need less NPC ones consolidate and allow for player boats.
    • Meteors landing randomly in a scene and for these events to occur often enough to allow a profession of looking for them. (by looking up?)
    • INKY to allow for a custom response which would be used as a conversation trigger?
    • boats that can go to a zone which transitions to many large (or not) ocean zones with portals to various ports. (if worried about showing a coastline, im sure we can deal with not seeing any coast) Could be a new classification "deep water" for fishing.
      Factional warfare over a chosen lot/structure per town and reward for the controlling faction, and a map displaying which towns are under military occupation by which faction)
      Baloon airships to have a function. if not moving then able to click and travel (cycle special access via air only locations?)
    • Streamlined PVP flagging. Perhaps have levels and punishments for changing twice in a day
    • ability to record our own audio into an NPC dialogue
    • a billboard in game that cycles screenshots
    • guards enforcing the swords sheathed rule.
    • Accurate positioning of monsters in a dungeon. (play audio recordings, real DnD like, being able to do stuff like hero quest or DoTa lol)
    • Card games and more ball games.
    • Bards being able to play real audio not mono
    • Any tree in game will at least return a "not allowed" if clicked on with an axe etc, unless its one of those ultra rare trees that can be chopped.
    • Cow and sheep in Owls Head to around freely.
    • Idea > In game event Optimisation/streamlined. with in game advertising controls/options.
    • In game event calender with "hours until event" info,

18. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

Inky and the New Quest System /Player Quests are going to be a major boost but those quests need to have real game hooks that can effect objects in game. Open doors, Connect/Advance Quests, Reveal Secret/Hidden Objects, Accept/Create Quest Items that can be used to advance/block quest lines. It cannot just be story that can be ignored or end-arounded. :)

Also a daily job board is sorely needed to create daily XP and give players looking for things to do a reason to stay online and play. Both Solo and Group, Adventure and Crafting.

19. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Loving Star Citizens quest/job system atm.
    not loving server crashes with 170k on board lol

Aartemis likes this.
  20. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Is this game already finished >=D?
    Sorry, couldn't help it ^^

Cordelayne and craftymethod like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.