What changes would get you to play Shroud again.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by City Slicker, Nov 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

I think it'd be pretty straightforward:
    1. Remove COTOs and all related Crown merchants. Feel free to sell frilly thongs on the website, just keep the real money nonsense out of the game.
    2. Eliminate open multiplayer outside of towns, cities and designated MP areas. If I'm running around with a party, that's cool, but no need to have us fighting over who gets to loot an area or running into xXx_PoonSlayer69_xXx on the world map.
    3. Eliminate all "play in X mode to get a Y% xp bonus" they suck and remind me that I am wasting time if I choose to not play in a mode that I think sucks.
    4. Add settings so that folks running around doing kinky cosplay nonsense cause me to less feel like I need a shower when I log off.
    5. Add an end game that is more involved than locating my wallet and finding a credit card.

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Currently I am unaware of any quests in the game that are not able to be finished.

If however you are referring to the blue markers for quests you already finished, that can still happen to people with older accounts that finished the quests a long time ago.

I can however state with 100% fact (because I have actually tested this), a new player starting the game right now won’t experience any stuck blue quest markers when completing quests in the game currently. This includes my current character as well as 3 other ones.

Sannio has actually spent significant amounts of time cleaning up the stuck journal entries as well as the stuck blue markers. My last check of various quests on the qa server still has no stuck blue quest markers or stuck journal entries.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
    Astirian, Numa, Cordelayne and 2 others like this.
  3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I'll have to give the quest another play through once someone Lua's up a good UI. Thanks for the info!

Astirian, Anpu and Sulaene Moon like this.
  4. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

That's awesome! I'm going to try and finish some more up this weekend. They should make an announcement about this somewhere. If more people knew that all of the quests are now bug free it might drive people to come back and continue to play through.

Xandra7 and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  5. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

As an example. Recently went and spoke with Granus. The biggest issue I came across was the lack of words to click on. I had to remember what the key words were to continue the discussion. I believe amulet was one of the words I needed to type in.

most conversations it's click and off you go.

I thought it was fixed years ago. Guess not. So yeah you can complete that quest. If you can guess the keywords to manually type in.

6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

No where did I state they are bug free. All the quests in the game that I am aware of have all finished just fine. A few issues still exist, but none of these issues prevent a quest from getting finished.

Of note, my recent guide: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...er-outskirts-the-complete-quest-guide.161135/
    I could not find a single bug. Every single quest in there worked without any issue.

7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Oh, several quests still require you to manually type a keyword (that isn’t a bug, that’s by design).

But there’s this for every single thing needed for the Chapter 1 main quest: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...tues-path-of-the-oracle-shroud-quests.157869/

8. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

Wait now I’m confused.

If you didn’t find a bug going through the quests 2 or 3 times that tells me that it’s pretty much bug free.

Xandra7 likes this.
  9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Read exactly what I posted above. I stated no quest in the game has an issue finishing it. None of them.

Sulaene Moon likes this.
  10. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

Either way they should spread the word. All quests work as intended, bug free, no issues or blue sparkles.

It would generate some good press.

I just reset all my quests to start over.

Anpu likes this.
  11. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Understood. But to 'guess' what to say for completing a major quest line?

I had to google to finish it the first time. After sitting there for 10 minutes typing keywords just didn't feel like a completed product IMO.

Still playing ESO. Coming up on two months now. I have a lot less trouble figuring out what is wanted. In SOTA, there were times I had no idea what was expected. Guessing keywords doesn't sound like a lot of fun ;-)

12. oplek

oplek Avatar

I think it's particularly awkward. I do often play a MUD, which is nothing but text. Yet, somehow, I'm find it so much more immersive. The fact SOTA's quest interface is heavily text-interactive shouldn't be a deal breaker by itself. I tried to think about what the difference was between SOTA and this MUD.

I think what it is, among other things, is that this little iddy bitty text window that also has all kinds of colorful, full-motion 3D stuff and sounds flying all around it. It's distracting. Like trying to read a book in middle of a air show. Like many things in the game, it sits in this awkward valley between two stable experience types.

Spoon and Cordelayne like this.
  13. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

14. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

Anpu likes this.
  15. Deathadder

Deathadder Avatar

I would like to have following answered prior to me even considering.

1. Answer all the questions about the Seedvest, the law firm that was pointed out to us dodges all questions.

2. Layout a development time frame with obtainable goals and tasks. Show us who is assigned to what and what the progression is on each goal and task) - You need a PM...

3. Layout a true marketing plan with a time frame.

4. Stop with the reactive development.

5. Test..Test...Test your code prior to releasing it, I know regression testing is a pain, but damn it, it needs to be done. You can not continue to let the community report back that systems are broke in a production environment.

6. Stop taking comments and or attacks on the game and the development as out-right attacks. People are fed up and frustrated because the game has not come out the way it was sold to them and even 6yrs later its still in massive flux. Fix whats in EP1, perfect the quest system, skills, loot, story line etc... before moving on.

7. More transparency, not just on development but the back office workings. We funded this project and I do believe its owed to everyone who kickstarted it and or Seedvested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.