Features i would like to see added or fixed in 2020

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elrond, Dec 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oplek

oplek Avatar

That pretty much expresses my thoughts nicely. It's not even wrong for people to have biases, according to me.

That's the wrong filter, though. I get that Chris only has so many brain-hours a day to spend, but to intentionally filter out the "disrespectful" messaging does itself introduce a bias that can exclude valuable information. Information overload as a problem is understandable. They could have a "presidential briefs" system where feedback is quickly and effectively summarized by others who do the time of collecting and processing information, whether it's positive or negative feedback. Generally speaking, programmers shouldn't be interacting with the customers.

[​IMG]

2. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

Maybe he was speaking thru his CS, CEO, Executive Director hats.

3. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

[​IMG]

4. Oracle Watcher

Oracle Watcher Avatar

Thread cleanup initiated.
    bzzzt. Bzzzzzzzt

5. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Here's the 'must have':

Modify the loot system so that adventurers find things that give them an 'aha, I found something useful!' feeling of progress more regularly.

For many adventurers, role playing games are not about the 'making of things', but about the 'finding of things'. For adventurer's interested in 'finding game play', discovering useful little treasures (interesting gear, not lumps of coal!) each day has a way of both creating interesting choices for the adventurer while keeping them going to find more, well after the main quest has ended.

Unfortunately SOTA's 'finders game' largely relegates the adventurer to harvesting the same old scraps for crafting, then returning to town to rummage through overstuffed vendors to find not just the best gear but the best price. We dont have a "finding game" for meaningful adventurer gear, we have 'buying game'. And that diminishes the appeal of the game to many.

With a stronger 'finders' loot game play, Catnip will rejuvenate adventurer community interest in SOTA's many diverse adventure scenes by moving us past the "ho hum, I'm level 100+ and still finding the same scraps I found at level 1" feeling to a new "wow, I need explore Scene X because something drops there!" vibe. And that is the vibe necessary to retain and strengthen our player population.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  6. Dreadwhisper

Dreadwhisper Avatar

I would sincerely hope they fix the current major issues in the game before implementing new things. All of my real-life friends quit after playing for 4+ years and they were diehards. Its fairly obvious that the only voices being heard are the big spenders.

7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

A business consultant doing a SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats) analysis, and then a presentation with the team that includes but is not limited to that, what a niche market is and how they should stop flushing theirs, explaining how making decisions because "that's what everyone else does" is not always wise, how dribbling out EP2 content means another fizzled launch, how the bosses not showing up for the EP1 launch in game is the same as not showing up for a Real World Grand Opening after spending months prepping it, and seriously, how lazy was that? How to use that strength analysis to figure out who the target market is (hint, this isn't an MMO with cool housing, this is a fantastic town and housing system with MMO trappings), how to develop for and market to that.

Seriously, consult a businessperson. There are plenty in the community, maybe a cry for help to them?

8. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

I think @Elrond hit it on the head but I will add a couple of things if allowed.

New Ore, New Leather, New Cloth mats. Could be a combination of the present ones in game to add something new in EP2.

Maybe commission Scotty to make new faces and hairstyles. He has been commissioned before to add new art to the game. Give us a fresh face and hairstyle for cosmetic purposes.

R/Boris

9. Xiones

Xiones Avatar

Crafting & Bows.....

10. Yigg Endimion

Yigg Endimion Avatar

Multiple non-combat bars, with the ability to save them to a combat deck. So we can have different items/spells/skills, set to the non-combat bar. Get tired of having to change out my non-combat bar, everytime I switch my main deck.

11. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

They've done extensively this with members of the community who are business owners since the beginning of the project.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  12. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

Goob job Elrond, those changes would greatly improve the game

13. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Consult some other ones then.

Sulaene Moon likes this.
  14. Brent S

Brent S Avatar

I'd like to see the crafting rings get a little more love. Add a percent chance to get an exceptional item in addition to the mastercrafting level for each tier.

Example:
    Legendary gets:
    +9 mastercraft
    +3% chance to create exceptional item

Rare would get +2% exceptional chance, uncommon would get +1% exceptional chance, common would not get an exceptional chance increase.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.