Fight for your rights - rights matters!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Winterweaver, Jan 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winterweaver

Winterweaver Avatar

Accordingly to this tread ...

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f.../overbilled-after-buying-add-on-cotos.161069/

... and now my bank account went into static mode, so I could calculate purchases up against refunds
    the reality is:

1. I have been fully refunded all the overcharged amounts! 20$ for each 100$.

2. I have been fully compensated for all the inconvenience - more than expected.

3. The overcharging had nothing to do with or was not in any way related to added Sales Tax or VAT (thanks though for all the math :rolleyes:)

A plausible explanation to the overcharging accordingly to a convo between Chris and I: Denmark and some EU countries are presumably not on a list of countries - elligible for a discount.
    Chris will discuss the matter with the web-guy when he returns from vacation after jan. 9th.

So my assumption was on the right track.

One issue (other than the list) still remains though ... the monthly subscription reward is still overcharged: 11.25$ and not the announced 9$ - but it is so far an issue between I and Catnip.

Why this thread now most have been resolved? Wasn't the case closed?

Yes and no. Because the previous thread was locked, then I couldn't make this one final statement and comment:

The locked thread left the company so it could be perceived untrustworthy.

Until today I couldn't present an honest result of purchases/refunds.

Since I am a person that can criticize like any other, I am also a person that appropriately offers credit or honest information about all issues involved.

I couldn't live with the company being left in a light of dishonesty or/and risk of being perceived untrustworthy. I fight for my rights, but I also fight for others rights.

If I am up against critical issues I follow them to the door until matters are resolved - which they have now ... to my fullest satisfaction.

So there's a time for criticism, but in my world there sure also is a time for credit - which I offer now.

We have a saying in Denmark: "Give me a rose WHILE I live"

It would be too easy for me to let matters live their own life and lazily not inform about the resolution. I just don't do that.

Thank you Chris and other involved staff members because of your patient and steady process - that lead to a temporary solution.

Credit deserved - credit given (my own saying: "Decency takes time" ;)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  2. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Agreed. ESPECIALLY since the thread was only posted in the first place because attempts to go through normal support channels had failed, while posting on the forums got a quick and effective response -- locking the thread (with instructions to go through proper support channels!) just makes the company look bad.

arcdevil likes this.
  3. Winterweaver

Winterweaver Avatar

Well. Problem for most is, that we normally act and react on the probably obvious and accessible information - thus not always consider what can happen 'behind the curtain'.

I can't judge your conclusions as to why the tread was locked, but I was in a convo with the Moderator and he has my full consent to why he locked the tread.

If any think or judge it could be because of censorship, or making it harder to get in touch with proper authorities or support - then I can comfort them, because it is far from the truth.

I know why the thread was locked, and I also experienced no 'obstacles' in a future process of i.e. a refunds.

No, I don't think so. I have actually been treated better than I normally experience, when it comes to support.

(* deleted*)

Not only have I been fully refunded and compensated - it was also done speedily.

In my eyes the company is decent and care for their customers, so I can regret if you got another perspective because of my threads ( if that happened).

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
    Lily Byrd, Aeryk and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  4. City Slicker

City Slicker Avatar

I on the Otherhand Have had a Poor Customer Service Experience.

5. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

I don't know if you're aware of the size of the company. Having the title CEO for Catnip is like calling a shop owner a CEO because they own the business and have three staff members. You got a refund from the CEO because he's also the accountant, developer, part of the customer service team, social media account manager, quality assurance, programmer, etc.. It's not like getting your petrol money refunded by the CEO of B.P.

6. Winterweaver

Winterweaver Avatar

I have listened and respect your experience. But I didn't create this thread so players could complain about the customer service.
    I made it as a credit to Catnip because of my own experiences.

Aeryk and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  7. Winterweaver

Winterweaver Avatar

(* deleted*)

8. Winterweaver

Winterweaver Avatar

I have now gone through 3 replies and all negative in their attitude. It is part of being human to complain (we need to ventilate our frustrations).

But to do so 3 posts in a row is too much.

Why do people have to pull down others good and positive experiences down to a lower quality level?

No post can change my positive experience, so I consider any attempt to be off topic.

This world and humans definitely need an attitude change before things get better.

No need to respond with more negativity, because I won't react on them or respond. I have a positive life and only I can change that.

*Invites positivity indoors ...*

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  9. City Slicker

City Slicker Avatar

"Lower quality Level"
    "Need an attitude Change"

-- Excuse me?

arcdevil likes this.
  10. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Just a reminder that we do have a few new forum moderators who are still learning the ropes and limits forum stuff.

Winterweaver, again sorry for the mixup. Tas is back and looking into it but of course now the sale is over which resolved itself at least for now. :)

Happy to have helped with this stuff and glad is has a mostly happy ending!

11. Winterweaver

Winterweaver Avatar

Thank you. The espresso speed (don't hope I caused too many coffee hangovers) of the help was unusual and gave me a positive impression as a newcomer.

Yes holidays discounts have expired. Though one issue still remains ... the monthly reward program. Billed 11.25$ instead of 9$

I know it is somehow a petty issue, but it has some principles attached.

No rush since I won't go broke if it is not resolved today, but I will like to see it corrected (as a matter of principles) - and Tas is welcome to hammer me with questions about the issue.

And thank you for a great game. After 10 years of UO withdrawal symptoms it is like coming home :)

Wishes all a cheerful sunday.

12. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

Excepting that he did, doing that sort of task is one of his duties / caps he wears. I'm simply saying he did the refund not in his capacity as CEO, but in his capacity as CS / Accounts. I also run my own business (probably about the same size as catnip), technically the CEO, but I never call myself that and certainly don't issue refunds in my capacity as CEO, but as customer service for my company.

arcdevil likes this.
  13. Winterweaver

Winterweaver Avatar

(* deleted*)

I don't care about your perspective or opinion, like I have to adapt my perspective so it suits you better. Stop lecturing me about which perspective I should have or being argumentative.
    You can't change my opinion, experience or attitude.

14. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

I humbly respect the discipline of your diligence to "Give me a rose WHILE I live". That is an impressive and impactive sentiment when followed. I like it.

We need accountability, and we need to give respect when people are accountable.

I have lots of issues with this game and it's direction, customer service is a tough job that few do well. Despite any other past, present, or future issues, you have to give honest credit when credit is due.

It says a lot about the situation's resolution, and it says even more about you.

Well done sir, you are a man and a gentleman of integrity.

15. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

You made mention of him being CEO on multiple occasions as if it were a huge deal. You've also mentioned previously you didn't really know the company. I was simply letting you know that he does other tasks and it was in that capacity you got the refund. I never mentioned it was bad service at all, merely that yes if you were due a refund, he is the one to sort it, so yes he did have to. You gave the impression that you got the refund from someone whose didn't hold the post responsible for refunds.

arcdevil likes this.
  16. Winterweaver

Winterweaver Avatar

Sir @Jackrabbit

I have a favor and strange habit that often reflects or mirror how I feel treated (also because of my upbringing) ... I bow.

If I on rare occasions feel I have to resent a personality, I bow, turn my back to them and 'close the door'.

When I on rarer occasions observe a person that deserves my respect, I also bow and this way offer my respect.

I can not do anything else than to bow in return as my nature bids me to offer respect - as a compliment to your personality, your forthcoming words and because you mirror the essence in my signature.
    You have wisdom and I like that.

It can be a tough not to crack keeping integrity. But I try, so your words show I have been seen.

I offer a likewise rose as the one you just gave me. Take care out there, the world needs more people like you.

17. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

with currency exchange rates for subs you have to understand that they are in USD @ $9. so in some countries that equates to more. Im in CAD and its $12.13 That is to be expected. Same goes for all purchases of COTOS. exchange rates apply.

18. Winterweaver

Winterweaver Avatar

Xee - you are just as persistent as others that love to lecture.

I have but one way to deal with this. *facepalm* once again.

You are dead wrong but I don't even want to waste time on an explanation > again.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  19. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

20. Geaux

Geaux Avatar

It's a fact. If you were CEO, it would still be a fact. It's also a fact that your couching of the organizational structure was an effort to diminish the goodwill that the OP intended to build by posting this thread.

Lily Byrd, Aeryk and Winterweaver like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.