Combat "balance pass"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Jan 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I'm listening to the latest stream and @Chris is threatening to have a combat "balance pass" very soon. I truly hope any adjustments will be made to OP artifacts and not skills.

Taniaelect99, Chatele, Cirsee and 5 others like this.
  2. Trevour

Trevour Avatar

I am concerned that many months of character development will be wiped away with his combat balance. I have been hit with the nerf bat several times over the last few years. A few of them hurt and required a massive skill realignment to feel powerful again. I am not sure I can go through that again.

Chatele likes this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Same. I'm pretty much at the limits of what skills can provide for archery, so if the skills are nerfed again then I think I'll be done.

Chatele likes this.
  4. City Slicker

City Slicker Avatar

with the game?

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes. The last round of skill nerfs set me back like a year's worth of progress. I just can't take that again.

Chatele likes this.
  6. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

What build?

7. City Slicker

City Slicker Avatar

no plz no. if it
    happens again i want you to stay.

Barugon likes this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Ranged combat and air magic mostly.

9. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

Ranged / air archers in my guild are out dpsing everybody.

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes, with OP artifacts like bandit armor, sure.

11. Garfunkel Humperdinck

Garfunkel Humperdinck Bug Hunter

I would like to see the balance pass include skills along with artifacts. Many skills are weak and underused, while others are overused and basically required, or just feel like they should be better at what they do. One example:

Shield of Ice only grants +15.6% fire resistance with 5 glyphs stacked at level 80. Doesn't really increase survivabilty against fire mages much.

(And I'm not a fan of bandit armor.)

12. Numa

Numa Avatar

I have a water/ice + archer build with a bow and armor set studded with fire warding gems for the same reason.

Taking the fire warding skill in the water tree too. Pretty tired of fire mages making my adventuring life miserable.

13. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Ugh... not the "don't nerf skills" post again.

I use heavy armor and archery sometimes. I kill with it. I can charge shot over 2k. As far as your build, I will literally give you a lifetimes worth of armor to use. Anytime you don't like it anymore, it accidentally gets sold, you try placing it as deco and it goes through the basement, someone loots it from you and you don't buy it back within a day, something better comes out, etc. I will replace it with a new set. Free armor... for life. I just don't want Chris worrying about balancing skills based on some people having stats and bonuses on armor and 1 not.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  14. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

Not sure about what Balance is He talking about, but if we are taking about puncture and piercing shot, the only 2 skills uncounterable at all and that can get crazy dmg on armored targets ( regardless of the armor you use), nerfing those 2 skills make them in par with other schools that don't have anything can get those dmg on resistant and armoured targets.
    P.S. I guess He was talking about pvp (?), not sure what kind of Balance pass we can have for pve different from nerf fire mages.

Boris Mondragon and Sara Dreygon like this.
  15. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

From what ive heard from tgat stream, he’s looking at armor ignoring skills. Not ranged as a whole

16. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Yep that is my understanding , Piercing , Puncture and Torpid were ones I think on the list.

As to Archers they are still the top DPS class for ST , fire mages also I believe will be balanced some more. There is to be a pass at some point to boost air spell dmg too based on a stream a few months ago. I know Chris brought up death shield again as maybe needing more adjusting ... I think Death is good where its at so I am assuming its Death shield with specific build that is the issue. Not sure what other things need adjusting beyond the ones listed here.

Mind you I think the adjustments are more so for people with 130+ skills where they are seeing some things that are higher then they should be. IMO people that focus on those skills should have a lot of power compared to level 100 but at the same time I do think the skills that bypass armor need for sure some tweaking. with certain builds with tactics, and backstab they become way over powered.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  17. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

When I think of op artifacts I think xen bow, vex wand, and now the ankhs. I think other builds need thier own version of these with equal power. Bandit armor is another one, other builds need thier own version of cool armor too.

I do not support making loot worse, and yes some skills need balance changes you should not be able to one shot people from range imop for pve I’ve no issue with Aimed shot, multi shot is crazy op in upper tears but so is banish.

I think UT is it’s own issue so I don’t support changing anything for ut but ut it self.

18. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Archers oneshotting 130+ DR heavy armored characters, fire mages melting water mages even with 120 fire warding while shooting 1-2k fireballs and Air mages doing less DPS than pugilism..mmh are we sure the problems are artifacts? :p

PS:I still hope the purify incoming nerf to remove one fire dot per time was a joke, fire mages are gods in PVP/PVE even with purify removing all fire dots.

And yes, i'm talking about PVP cause in PVE there is no balance needed other than using the nerf hammer on the fire tree.

Chatele, Xee, Numa and 2 others like this.
  19. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

fire mages do sit far on top I’d hate to ask for a nerf here though because thats like 40% of the player base now. Maybe mobs should be able to aoe purify as well?

Cordelayne and Sara Dreygon like this.
  20. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

It is 40% of the players base because is a class totaly broken in pve, if every class will be competitive as fire mages in pve i am sure we will have much less of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.