1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Shroud 2020 Vision

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Chris, Jan 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

@Chris - this sounds good...but a few things I'd like to mention:

1) Are QA testing rewards still being issued and will they be issued in the future? As far as I can tell QA rewards have not been handed out in months (maybe not for years?). Also, many bug reports are still going unacknowledged (although @Ravalox has been doing a great job responding to many of the bug reports). There is not much point in testing on QA or reporting bugs if the bug reports are not acted upon. Bringing back the QA rewards and making sure the bug reports are acknowledged may entice people to actually test the systems and content that you have planned.

2) Please fix the combat bars (See this post for details) - Accidentally dragging the combat bar and accidentally dragging glyphs off the combat bar create a lot of frustration in combat. On live-streams you have said that you thought it was fixed, but the attempted "fixes" have not improved the situation. This problem creates a horrible combat experience for those of us that use the mouse to click glyphs.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    StarLife, Lily Byrd, smack and 10 others like this.
  2. Numa

Numa Avatar

Really ambitious, there's enough in the list to keep the team busy for 3 years.

And.....MOUNTS!! at last!!!

3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

@Chris I demand that you cease all work on SotA and begin work on a sci-fi themed "Shroud: 2020" immediately.

HannahAlpenglow2 and Anpu like this.
  4. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

Good stuff, and happy to see episode 2 details.

But before anyone gets to attached, remember we have been here before with the “2 year plan” in 2017.

I encourage everyone to go back and look at that, see what actually got implemented in two plus years (with a much, much larger dev team) and temper expectations accordingly.

This is great to see, but the sheer volume of it and largely missing 2 year plan items has been firmly in “fool me once” mode. Hate to say it, but that looks like a wish fulfillment list rather than a plan that can be remotely delivered upon. Be nice to be proved wrong though

5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Just to clarify something: We will be restoring the more feature rich web based SOTAMap system back in place with community driven map content creation but in a faster delivery system than before. While Catnip Games will host the system, we plan on turning this over to be under the control of the community.

I'll assume we won't be going back to using that extrnal DLL we were using with the old map system will you? Or will this be using Unity code, in game (like the current maps).

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  6. Malimn

Malimn Avatar

@Chris So your going to increase group size, which is good, have you thought about the loot, experience, and item distribution for making the groups larger?? IF you just increase the size of the group and do not increase the loot and experience, being in a larger group will not be beneficial.

7. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Yeah, what's up with that? I liked the new version, in the rare instances I was in a scene that had a map.

arcdevil and Bodhbh Dearg like this.
  8. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Will we have to complete Episode 1 story line/quest line before starting Episode 2? Let us know in advance for those of us who have just skipped this content out of frustration.

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

While I'm super excited for the story, this makes me think that you'll be nerfing skills again in order to make up for the more and more powerful artifacts you all keep introducing:

Chatele likes this.
  10. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

@Chris maybe I'm missing it but will there be improvements on the existing maps POT and NPC town maps and ability for POT owners to customize them?

So important.

Edit: "We will be restoring the more feature rich web based SOTAMap system back in place with community driven map content creation but in a faster delivery system than before. While Catnip Games will host the system, we plan on turning this over to be under the control of the community."

So is that a yes? :)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  11. JustAPlayer

JustAPlayer Avatar

Thank you! I am looking forward to another year and more progress. I'm not much of a forums person, I just want to say I'm enjoying the game.

12. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Looking forward to a fun 2020!! Ever forward.

13. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Hmm, Impressed with the "Bold Statement of Intent" I had been looking for. Raid Parties - Check, Factions - Check, That Bones sea Town - Check.

Now of course you know I am going to push for more stuff @Chris. New hairstyles and faces will help. Moving ships and Battling Ships in the future I hope for. You have awakened the Pirate from his slumber in the Rise. *grins*

R/Boris/El Pirata.

14. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Blue Rose Isle, Crafters Town, Black Rock Cove
    Posts like this show us you're listening. This'll go a long way to restoring some faith in the game.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

15. Numa

Numa Avatar

I think it's a question of developer
    resources and priorities. The map is one of the few things that can be partially off-loaded to make room for other stuff.

Mal Hari likes this.
  16. Ragnarr Lodbrok

Ragnarr Lodbrok Avatar

I understand this is a vision. Hopeful insight. Just be careful, when you start laying out goals and such with people. They will hold you accountable. And as you said take 100 questions from 100 diff players and you get 1oo different statements for fixes and such, game content, and better over all performance in all four corners of the ring. People will come out swinging in the first round looking for a knock out. I hope you do not have to duck, and avoid those knockouts.

When Catnip took over, the slate was "wiped clean" sorta speak. I really hope your team can deliver what your shooting for in order to keep those here happy and make the 12% rise to 40%!

Right now for this ole Viking I want new lands to Raid! I have been waiting patiently to cash in on that POT Transfer Token... @Chris Just exactly how do you plan on making these movements fair for the Gov's ? Who will go first?

And If you could please do something about all the unity errors! Ever since the Deco Pallette was added My machine has been bombarded with unity errors. It gets a bit monotonous. Could you please spill some of that good VISION into the these creatures?

My wife isn't playing as much and that will hinder my play time! Please help!

17. Xiones

Xiones Avatar

Wake me up when we get there.

Tailz likes this.
  18. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Thank you for posting the ideas about the future thoughts going forward. I can say with all honesty that I heard what I wanted to hear. Perhaps it is hidden somewhere in there. I do hope so.

One of the main reasons players are so lost starting this game in my opinion is mainly the fault of our journal system which should also in my opinion have tabs that also tell about features of the game such as main quests,daily quests,pvp quests,daily crafting quests, housing system tab, music system tab, crafting, and yes an achievements tab. That way players are not in the dark as they are now. Let them see the different things available in this game right away.

Anyway We have none of that and it has always been a HUGE missing for this game. Just make a good informative journal please.

Players would not be lost if we had basics. Other players doing that work should only have been a temporary thing. Many Players want to figure it out themselves but this game refuses to go this route. Such a loss.

Also no mention of timed Battleground's with quests and rewards. With 2 factions or groups competing. Think Wintergrasp type to queue and tokens to buy pvp specific and other rewards. Also very missing to not have something like this to capture flags and compete in my opinion.

Also the cooking tree specifically needs it's own kind of masterworking like enhancing of food options to improve lower and higher tier foods. Also recipes to add alcohol to make brewing viable. Missing, missing, missing.

Also very disappointed to hear about episode 2 not rolling out like an expansion. We miss out on episode 2 thrill and it waters it all down. We have no themed episode 2 bundles either which this game did deserve.

I hope as always I can say something to make a difference. Something to help to give pause. Not having focus and scuttling around everywhere makes for some half baked ideas imo.

Like taming without animals that run away if not treated right. That was a great detail. "your pet looks unhappy" is a warning sign to pet him or say good Rover. Animals that respond to us is a wonderful detail.

Focus that is on details that make a difference is necessary for any game. Empty scenes with no reason to re-visit other than grinding or resources. Such as quests and achievements can give. OK I will stop there but I did have to say this or why am I here all these years? Best wishes always. @Chris @DarkStarr @Lord British.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  19. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

It's not sorta speak...it's so to speak! ;)

20. Ragnarr Lodbrok

Ragnarr Lodbrok Avatar

No.. It is Sort of Speak ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.