Best solo grinding?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Jan 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Often, I don't have the time to get into or start a UT group, so what's the best way to grind for experience solo?

2. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Have you tried UT solo? It's sort of typical, learn the moves and then you can stay there till overloaded, go dump the spoils, return. UT is not the best place for me, I prefer a few other places due to more valuable loot drops and others for more artifacts. Though to answer your question, Tier 4 with lots of mobs and Tier 5+ with the highest mob count and respawn are good. Try Grannus Collosus. Mobs die hard, but there is an unending battle till you are full. Earned experience is good. I get tired though and a million an hour is about my limit.

Barugon likes this.
  3. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

Ut and zombie room are best place to solo for attenuate, but i would avoid zombie room if you don't use fire.

Aldo likes this.
  4. Feldon Grimshaw

Feldon Grimshaw Avatar

For solo attenuation, i like the undead area in mysterious swamp (near the south entrance).

5. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

my current mindless grind is spectral mines. i can always use more ore and the drops are ok from the undead. if you do the complete round, you're never more than a handful of steps from a mining node or your next fight. I'm never going to attenuate in there. but, that's rarely a goal for my play time anyway.

my other one is savrenoc stronghold. there's a nice loop between a reaper/spiders and the elves/dungeon entrance that keeps me busy. if you time it right, everything will respawn just as you clear the area before it.

6. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I think it's just completely different from one build to another. I've never played ranged much, but when I was playing bludgeon, the best xp spots for me were places with high level undead, particularly liches. Stuff that is vulnerable to bleed effects and death magic gives way less xp than comparable undead mobs, so if you're not using bleed or death skills, you might as well fight undead. A few releases ago, just before the new enc/mastworks came in, I could get a million xp in 16-18 minutes killing liches over and over in room 19 of compendium. Not amazing, but good for bludgeon at the time. That had a lot of ramp up time and wouldn't be as good for an archer, but something like that with big undead targets and not swarms of fodder is probably best.

Redhammer, Aldo and Barugon like this.
  7. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Where is the zombie room.

8. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Tartarus

Cordelayne likes this.
  9. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

I tend to head back to Ravensmoor. Tartarus is OK, but second level is hard going for me and the mobs on first level are lower level, so the XP climbs more slowly. Ruined keep is also hard work, I go through lots of pots to stay alive and keep focus for my air shield. Until I get tougher (thanks for the nerf btw Chris) Ravensmoor is my sweet spot - not too many pots, nice circuit, knock over Torc a few times and a million XP in just under an hour. Best I can do ATM.

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This place is great! Thanks for the tip.

Feldon Grimshaw and Anpu like this.
  11. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

Ruined Keep is really good for artifacts/XP and gold

Barugon likes this.
  12. Vero

Vero Avatar

Stop by in k'rul and give the monkeyroom some love! Those monkeys miss us like crazy since new scenes came out :p

PS This totally aint best spot to attunuate, thought imma throw our 'old get to spot' in there

13. Xiones

Xiones Avatar

Need more Human Mobs at higher levels. All I have ever seen is Undead and Animal mobs. At least let me have a chance to use my Death Skill Tree other than the Shield......

14. Numa

Numa Avatar

The monkey room was probably the best adventure party experience i had with my guild then. Hopefully to be repeated soon *cross fingers*

Barugon, Vero and Cordelayne like this.
  15. Rekih

Rekih Avatar

What about best solo gold/items scene? I'm more looking for loot than XP myself, I'm advl 110. Any info is appreciated!

Barugon likes this.
  16. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Ravensmore is pretty good for loot. Especially when you get the skeleton archer or footsmen rotation. The archers drop long bows and the fighters drop two handed hammers, both of which bring 45 to 70 gold each. Finish off Torq a couple times for possible artifacts and salvageable weapoons. I like it because you can load up with relatively lighter weight, higher value loot than most other scenes. You can remain in scene longer before you fill up.

Barugon, Anpu and Numa like this.
  17. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

Try Deep Ravenswood that's a great solo farming area to this day. You can focus on spiders, wolves, bears and the undead. Still fun to run the circuit in there once in a while. I spent a lot of time in that zone.

18. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I still do even after all these years.

And yet not a single Cowbell from the hundreds of Reapers I demolished :D

19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Scratch that spot off the list. On QA, liches now have 6k health. It takes so long to kill them that it's not worth it.

Numa likes this.
  20. Numa

Numa Avatar

Too bad a spell like Healing Grace doesn't become a damage DOT on undead mobs.

Archer and Nevyn Waldail like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.