Just started playing, got a couple of questions.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xsarecs, Jan 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xsarecs

Xsarecs Avatar

I bought the game awhile ago but only played a bit, I have to say after playing for a few days I love this game, old school feel and a good community so far.

My questions are as follows:
    What is a good way to make gold? Been surviving but gear, repairs and other stuff costs a lot at my low level, so any help on how to make some good coin would be very appreciated.

Are there any quests that are mandatory or you would recommend doing?

Is there anyway to get land deeds that allow you to place in NPC towns ore are they cash shop only?

My in-game name is Xsarec - shoot me a friend request if you would like, always willing to help where I can.

Rentier, Elgarion, Gia2 and 6 others like this.
  2. Garfunkel Humperdinck

Garfunkel Humperdinck Bug Hunter

Good questions. I'll drop a few answers and surely more players will add some things I omitted...

1) Easy ways to make gold as a new player: Get gold first time you talk to any town crier (100g each), delivering mail for town criers (amount varies on distance), taking the 'test' at an Oracle Confirmatory once per day (500g), completing quests in starting 3 'Outskirt' areas (amount varies).

2) None of the quests are really mandatory, but many give decent rewards of xp and gold as you progress. Try staring in an outskirt area.

3) You get a land deed reward early in the story for free. No need to buy one with real money.

Welcome to the game!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    Rentier, Numa and that_shawn_guy like this.
  3. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

you can upgrade the free deed to a traceable deed then on to a place anywhere deed. also, since crowns of the obsidians are traceable, anything in the crown store (cash shop) can be had without spending any cash.

Rentier likes this.
  4. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

Complete any of the Outskirts scenes to get the free row deed. Complete the main quest and get a village deed. Still haven't gotten mine.

Rentier and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  5. Xsarecs

Xsarecs Avatar

How do you know what the main quest is?

Rentier likes this.
  6. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

There are 4 Main quest lines. The Outskirts start the basic 3. At the end of 1 outskirt you'll get a row deed Best to go back and forth through those quests so you get stronger. The final quest is after you complete the first 3. That quest gets you the Shroud and a village lot deed. Both of those are taxable deeds, but there are in-game mechanics to help you get these to taxfree. I have the same name in-game if you ever need any help.

Rentier likes this.
  7. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

The 3 quests are about the virtues Love, Truth and Courage.

Rentier likes this.
  8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If you started doing the main questline, you'll be directed pretty early to one of the outskirts areas. These outskirts areas are pretty good placed to make coin and get experience at low level.

I recommend doing the main questline and all the side quests in the outskirts areas.

You get a free row lot deed that is placeable in a player owned town when you do one of the outskirts quests. I recommend that you try it out first. That deed is not tradeable but you can upgrade it to a tradeable deed and then to a place-anywhere deed using crowns. Crowns are a cash shop item but you can also get some as loot (I have collected 2033 since their introduction, which is about $20 worth). When you complete the main questline, you will also be given a player owned town village lot deed.

Rentier and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome to game @Xsarecs . It really takes about 10- 20 minutes to get your row lot deed which includes it's own house. You can later craft other versions or collect mats and let someone else craft for you. To play free don't worry about placing in an NPC town at all. Player own towns have so much convenience.

I have been here since 2013 and share ownership to a town called Wizards Rest. I have played regularly since then. All lots in this town (Wizards Rest) are free to claim by clicking on the lot stone of any vacant lot with same size lot deed in your inventory. (row=row), village=village or row can fit on larger lots. Player own towns almost always include an oracle building, crafting pavilion(s) (we have 3), and different vendors to buy from such as crafting vendor etc.

Also player own town owners almost always go out of their way to accommodate their residents. I know we do as for example we provide a commission free vendor for all residents to use and a lot that has planting beds for the use of all residents. If you move someplace and change your mind then it is easy to move with the property management system that lets you store your decorated home in tact as you claim another same size lot but beware sometimes taxes are due upon changing locations on taxfree deeds before placing again.

To train skills though you need to go to NPC towns and higher tier combat trainers are scattered around the world.

Anyway I am Majoria in game. Send me a friends request, I'd be happy to answer any questions I can anytime or help you find answers. Enjoy the journey. More quality of life improvements are coming continuously as well as questing improvements for Episode 2.

Rentier, Anpu and Numa like this.
  11. Xsarecs

Xsarecs Avatar

Awesome, Thank you...

Sean Silverfoot and Anpu like this.
  12. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.