Combat Performance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jayfire, Nov 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayfire

Jayfire Avatar

Hey I personally find it very strange that in the R72 instructions it just says combat performance with no actual explanation of what changes were made.
    I find this suspicious
    Does anyone know of what changes were made?
    I was considering playing this release but the lack of any real information to the changes made makes me want to just continue to wait.
    Can someone please shed some insight to the changes made?

2. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I think its interesting. Will anyone notice the change if its not mentioned???

3. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

usually lol

4. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

The changes were mostly related to area spells like Ice field, meteor shower, ring of fire, where they have reduced the weight of those in terms of processing power, should be noticeable to an extent.

Numa, shadtek, Barugon and 3 others like this.
  5. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

I believe this was patched in BEFORE this release btw

6. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

I find your post suspicious...who sent you! SPY!!!! :p:p:p:p:p

Jaesun likes this.
  7. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

The game is just as playable as it was on Wednesday apart from the usual bugs after every release. Unless there was a specific bug that kept you from playing you should feel confident to go ahead and do it. You'll enjoy it.:)

8. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

AOE spells that were causing issues for some machines. I helped narrow this down one evening with Chris as I ran into this all the time with a pretty high end machine. It turned out to be that with multiple people casting the same spell would do something that created multiples which ate up a lot of resources which ultimately would slow things down to 5fps on a 2060 RTX card. The changes and optimizations has helped fix that issue. There is still a few more things that are causing a frame rate issues that are being looked into including optimization of some deco items and animations / fx's. If you look at the previous few patches it talks about some of these. hope that helps explain what the changes where

Numa, krakenvarados, Anpu and 2 others like this.
  9. shadtek

shadtek Avatar

That explains it, a while back I definitely noticed that things were working better at UT.
    I never suspected it was multiple castings of a spell, I assumed it was a result of all the activity having to be synced, which just caused some unavoidable slow downs.

Can anything be done for Lagdoris? I only go there if I have to because it is just frame skippin slow runnin/loadin hell.
    The only solution for me is to limit display features and display distances, which is a hassle because the entire rest of the game runs more or less pretty decent and I want it back as soon as I leave the place.

10. Toular

Toular Avatar

If you have plenty of memory - like at least 16Gb, turn on "Load Time Baking". That's the last setting in the"Video" settings. It basically "preloads" all of the static meshes into a single large mesh that can be rendered faster then the same meshes individually. It likely won't make a huge difference, but it might help enough ...

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    shadtek likes this.
  11. shadtek

shadtek Avatar

Thanks i will try it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.