Lace's 2020 Vision

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lace, Jan 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lace

Lace Avatar

These are just some things we have all talked about, been talked about on at least one stream but not mentioned to my recollection in the 2020 vision
    • Buy meats in larger quantities like sheep, turkey, cow , duck etc used in recipes but no reasonable way to get them in wilds .. T5 sheep and turkeys and cows etc in zones as well so you can hunt your own that are not T1 in towns if you wont raise butcher buy quantities.
    • Buy fuels in larger quantities
    • Buy reagents in larger quantities (and any other like this flasks, jars, salt, sugar etc) Don't limit the quantities for any gold sinks and make players do the same buying over and over again to get the same quantity. QOL for the cheap win.
    • Add durability column to player vendors like is displayed on NPC merchants, why a column for date listed was done before this is still beyond me. Being able to sort by price/durability before having to alt click on each item is a huge QOL improvement
    • Do not focus item buy back solely on a + thing as has been mentioned in streams, a plus 14 item with crappy choices IS NOT MORE valuable than a +12 with good stats (yes stats and player wants are subjective but basing it on +'s is just utterly wrong. Base it on failures versus number of enchant/mw successes but not on +, also base it on base materials used t1 versus t2 etc, special components. This means actually making rating tables and involves more dev time than doing a + system, but + is just so wrong. Also work durability remaining into this table equation as well as exceptional or not.)
    • Metal Dye and Leather dye ... talked about and promised for 3 years and each new crown store outfit digs the hole deeper into cost to make this a reality because of no standardization in the zones of creating clothing.
    • Third optional dye slot for items with those zones
    • 15 minute foods with no REAL stat benefit are a joke based on the time to refine the items and then combine for a final product. We need a polish pass on food levels and or stats and duration. Possible band aid is combine the basics to create super foods. We have too many useless food.
    • Place-able food (yes lots of artwork dev time) --this is for our existing recipes not new crown store things specifically but the cakes are great and the spring ones, and the ankh cupcakes etc I am grateful to have.
    • Agriculture Super size pumpkins etc were talked about more than a year ago
    • Fertilizer for Agriculture .. fish guts as by product from butchering makes sense, we get fat and sinew and bone from things like bear and deer, so the mechanics are there.
    • Flexible Housing Placement .. they all center up for the most part, reducing viable decorating space and or agriculture, it was a stretch goal for EP 1 that missed, talked about planned for EP2 didn't see it mentioned now. Tech intensive I know so a wish and a prayer.
    • Catch up on the less ornate craftable versions of store items as was plan for years (this may be in vision with new recipes each month)
    • Allow salvaging of the peasant merchant items for patterns they have some great shoes we desperately need.
    • Fix salvaging to not be pattern or scrap it should either or both, it make no sense its either or. I know it was explained inadequately in a stream that the code was that way, but fix it or remove the more recent addition of lesser wand and shoddy bow patterns etc. If a bear carcass can yield bear meat and fat or just bear meat why cant salvaging give a pattern and scrap .. the shoddy stuff was added super late to the pattern game and is just nonsensical. Port was so worried about giving players a hide helmet or backslot choice because of pvp yet you give shoddy bow patterns .. scratches head.
    • Offer the pieces in some of the furniture bundles etc as separate items, we love some of the beds and glass display cases etc, but don't want the other items .. its been mentioned to do this but no follow through. It is a one time pricing in the crown shop, do it so folks can do more micro transactions rather than bundles they don't want.
    • Items from the vault seem to be some kind of mish mash of things .. do some themed months, like a bunch of houses, or bundle rewards not just this wait and see. Pre post the plans so folks can make budgets .. and stop forgetting vault items into the builds.
    • Currently its an either or for vendor or lot pet deco, talk of taxidermy has been mentioned where pets can be statically placed not take up and npc slot and then when in inventory become summon able pet. Other suggestions have been remove animations from player vendor and allow say 1 pet 1 vendor on a row lot which scales with property size. You sell pets in crown store, but limit their use, seems unwise as a price point (yes I know performance so make them static or vendor static option)
    • Possibly some push back on this one, but allow the hat quests to pop up here and there from time to time, you spent the time to design the quests now they are one and dones ... shame to waste that coding time, but I get it was unique, yet so many things sold as unique have been walked back .. so just saying ... (don't hit me folks on this one, keep in mind some similar versions in crown store)
    • The hospitaller paintings and tapestries/rugs since removed from the Ardoris art vendor are no longer available, bring them to the crown shop (reasonably) Leo's artwork was great.
    • Sell single paintings/tapestries/rugs from crown shop, some are not as good looking as others and to get multiples of the good looking ones, we should not have to buy multiple bundles where we have to trade and go through that nonsense, we used to be able to buy theme singly in ardoris for crowns but lazy crown shop is bundles only .. more micro transactions.
    • Clarify if bows will ever get gem sockets and enchanting effects ever
    • Create the Specialty crafted arrows, also in new user experience clarify they don't need to make arrows because the material cost and time far exceeds the npc vendor purchase price and new players don't realize this.
    • Allow non pvp flagged players to rez non pvp flagged players not in group. Its just a courtesy thing. (may be implemented and I missed it) Warn rezzers if they attempt to rezz a pvp player and flag em. I may be missing some finer points on this so don't smack me.
    • Emphasize more that completing an outskirts quest line (rather than the opt out option present, that they have now, will mean they cannot get the free POT row deed ... too many new players don't understand or know this upfront still - I Know vision 2020 said no more NUE polish but this is a point that has just missed the mark for so many new players that ask in universe.
    • Take a look at the numbers via metrics on the disparity between suet and beetle carapace (some beetle farmers will scream .. but it is ridiculous at this time, and I been asking metrics to be looked at for years)
    • Opt in only for any additional leader boards, you cannot inspect me to know, you should not know unless I want to share. In that same vein leader boards for ore mined, things skinned, trees chopped, items crafted count (specific count would be too granular by item) so many other things already tracked server side, but I know folks are competitive and like their epeen stuff. Server Achievements were mentioned to mirror steam for those that don't play on steam, but leaderboards can build ( or tear) a community heh. IN addition leader boards for things like ore, trees etc give traders a way to advertise a bit without spam maybe farming counts too .. while some will see this as a way to spy on what some are crafting, or obtaining and promote copycats ... again the opt in is VERY relevant.. opt in by category.(which yes means more dev work than exposing the results, but in this day and age where our privacy is disrespected, I would rather see catnip lead than follow in this.)
    • I think a pass on items that can be rotated with the 'r' key in deco mode needs to be done, I think there are some that need looked at -- need a list
    • Make animal rugs placeable on walls again, it keeps coming up cause was there then gone and keeps getting mention on streams, but no traction
    • Allow trade of backpack/container of items. Hospitallers can then just outfit a newbie, while I (THINK) we can now mail a backpack/container of goods, we cannot trade them, but can place a container in container, set to public and giveaway. The mailing if not there is a great hospitaller/guild feature.
    • Many would like to be able to sell a bundle of armor .. I like the idea but can see the tech heavy issues on this .. but mentioning it. You guys talked of selling furniture bundles in store as starter kits .. let the carpenters do that and you sell the fancy stuff one by one instead of in bundles as mentioned previously. The game started with kickstarter in fairly large amounts, you need to explore the micro transaction market which you said was the reason for the 1 to 100 coto split, but really haven't introduced any small coto items. (micro transactions as I keep saying)
    • Vendor Love is mentioned in 2020 Vision, but to make sure it gets in there some would like to be able to order fulfill partial amounts at a set price, some would like to be able to buy partial amounts at the set price .. again might be tech heavy but mentioning it.
    • Town/Worldwide item listing, many many want this, many many would not, but 'auction house' listing as some call it would really just make shopping less of a chore .. I get the arguments both ways, just mentioning it should be discussed and disseminated to players the plans and thoughts.
    • Crocodile Hats .. we have useless heads right now
    • Uses for the borers, aortic thrombus t2 rares etc, they should not be a gold inflation item in sell back to npc
    • Dyeable wood on furniture and new dye colors specific to wood textures. It can be really hard to get a decent matching set of craftable furniture, especially tables and chairs. Having dyeable wood would make it possible to use any craftable piece of furniture with ANY other craftable piece.
    • Ability to place deco pets in player dungeons.
    • Ability to place fence pieces in player dungeons.
    • Wooden walls got texture for hanging shelves, paintings and what not, with the new lights in the store, the flat wall fences need a pass so they can have lights etc hung from them.
    • Polish pass on all current walls and rooms as dungeon pieces for consistency on deco placeable items. (currently these are reported as individual bugs) Community Source the list then run down list and fix
    • Staircases do not have reversible option for the torch so the torches all on same wall side - the straight hallways allow you to flip the torch, but not the stairs -- goes with polish pass on all walls and rooms in dungeons.
    • Polish pass on deco surfaces for all houses (currently one bug at a time with no eta on when it gets fixed) Community Source the list then run down list and fix
    • Somewhat mentioned in vision, but container timers for number allowed to remove, this could have numerous usage not only for giving away things but for events etc, fail the test cannot get in the chest again for xxx amount of time, can add some intrigue to player created quests
    • On proposed vendor love, have player vendors remember the price that you list items for. If I post a Wall Shelf on my vendor for 250gp and it sells, when I come back and put another Wall Shelf up, the default price on the vendor should be 250gp
    I am not even going to go into crafting at this time, as there are many many threads on this. These were just a few things off the top of my head while nursing yet again my torn rotator cuff .. (weeps no professional gaming contracts for me hehehehe, I blame heavy weapons combat in the sca in my 30's for this, paying for it now.)

If I missed any of these in the real 2020 vision my bad, I saw good things there but wanted to mention these things too.

Add your voice, I am sure there is some low hanging fruit I forgot. I am not even gonna touch crafting as I said, nor combat really, this is just mostly Quality of Life things to me.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  2. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

Many great ideas. My top three were included in your vision.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    Mal Hari and Lace like this.
  3. Lace

Lace Avatar

FYI since I cannot sleep from pain ... it means I keep adding things to original post ... not sure if its the community's gain or not lol, I may be way off base as I go along ...but as yall add things I will add to original post as well

Serenia and Mal Hari like this.
  4. oplek

oplek Avatar

I was thinking about this, and my idea was to go further.

After character creation,
    1. Person is sent to a special POT
    2. The POT has a clusters of row lots, which can only be system-assigned.
    3. The system automatically gives them the row deed, applies it to a free row lot, and physically places the player either in front of, or inside the house.
    4. The player is given a basic furniture pack.
    5. There's a book on a table talking about deeds, rates, how to relocate, etc.
    6. There's a note on the door frame saying to read the book
    Further,
    • In middle of this cluster are zone portals to the outskirts (and corresponding portals back).
    • Maybe have some dioramas of the overworld (including pins for the town and outskirts) to help give some positional context.
    • Maybe other physical installations for information/concepts. Kind of like Fallout 76 attempts to do on your way out the door.
    If home ownership is going to be a primary draw for the game... skip the burning-town scene and go straight to the house.

Sulaene Moon and Lace like this.
  5. Khal Drogo

Khal Drogo Avatar

Or even better ... skip the burning town...skip the houses ..and have them teleported straight in UT ..whoever already there gets 1,2,3 noobs in his party .

6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I like your list Lace. Finish and polish. As Starr has said so many times, the last 20% is the most important, so lets see some of that this year.

I hope whatever is causing you the pain eases up and gives you some rest.

Lace, Serenia, Chatele and 2 others like this.
  7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the reagents should be going up sometime in the next few live patches; mac caught chris on stream and asked for it.

i would think that the terrain flattening tool chris has mentioned would be some of the same navmesh-modifying tech needed for this.

there was a period where there were some very odd and bugged shoes coming out. too large, tilted into the ground, on the wrong feet... those peasant shoes and boots are on that list and need a fix.

if all else fails, make two recipes. salvage for material, salvage for pattern.

Lace and Anpu like this.
  8. Numa

Numa Avatar

It's a great list. Very surprised that not one of the items have been implemented by now. Wasn't aware that there are now issues with gemming/enchanting bows. Is this a new restriction?

Hope you get something soon to better manage that pain. Know quite well how something chronic like this can wear you down in body & spirit.

Lace and Cordelayne like this.
  9. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

Wonderful list.

I would add to it that player vendors remember the price that you list items for. If I post a Wall Shelf on my vendor for 250gp and it sells, when I come back and put another Wall Shelf up, the default price on the vendor should be 250gp. That would be such a HUGE QOL improvement.

10. Serenia

Serenia Bug Hunter

Really GREAT list, Lace! Thanks for creating this post!

Some of my dream wishlist things:
    - Dyeable wood on furniture and new dye colors specific to wood textures. It can be really hard to get a decent matching set of craftable furniture, especially tables and chairs. Having dyeable wood would make it possible to use any craftable piece of furniture with ANY other craftable piece.
    - Lots of polish needed on appearance of player-made dungeon surfaces and lighting:
    It is really annoying how the ambient lighting in all three (green, blue, white) of the marble type halls and rooms will turn on and off randomly, or flicker. There are also several surfaces where you cannot place anything: some random wall sections in the large triple connection stone foyer, also the ceiling in that foyer; ceilings in various other rooms; various wall sections in hallways and rooms. Also, some street lights are placeable and some are not, would be nice to get those fixed so they are all placeable in our dungeons.
    Walls with protruding bricks in the 3x3 stone room make it difficult to place paintings, tapestries, mirrors, lights, etc. due to the bleed through of those bricks.
    - Ability to place deco pets in player dungeons.
    - Ability to place fence pieces in player dungeons.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  11. Lace

Lace Avatar

added this

12. Lace

Lace Avatar

I added the basic gist of all these and that the current way to get houses, placement surfaces corrected requires players to specifically document the house/place etc one by one, and they are fixed one by one. We have community sourced many QOL things like this. It would be nice to just present a full list instead of the piecemeal. I know when I code , it take time to go into wherever the issue is update it, check it in get it pushed out ... if we gave them a full list of ones not completed it should be more efficient for them to run down that list than 100 jiras that may or may not exist. So put that in there rather than listing the specifics you have. Hope that works.

13. Lace

Lace Avatar

Bow never had gems .... and maybe looking at that might be part of the combat balance pass, but getting it in there to not be forgotten it does not exist

14. Lace

Lace Avatar

Keep the ideas coming folks I know I cannot recall all the great ones I have heard over time.

15. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

Shops that can sell off the floor. I'd love to display special items, outfits and furniture groups.

Numa and Cordelayne like this.
  16. Restless

Restless Avatar

Ah yes, another list of things promised and not delivered. Where are the duke specialized faces anyway?

Hornpipe, Girlsname and necronut like this.
  17. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

[​IMG]

18. Geaux

Geaux Avatar

Not sure when Mac caught Chris, but Geaux caught Chris, Starr, and other Devs at SOTACON and asked for it as well...and I do believe it will be delivered soon. They definitely delivered the E loot feature quickly, I am sure some of this is more complicated and less urgent.

Other "features" they were looking at adding was multi-listing items for sale on vendors, where it will repeat stack qty and price by a multiplier you enter to significantly reduce needless repetitive clicks, as well as retain last price and qty; and make Prosperity Ingot Molds, etc.: hope this will come out soon as well :)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    Numa likes this.
  19. Xiones

Xiones Avatar

How about "Work hard in silence and let your success do the talking."

Restless likes this.
  20. Numa

Numa Avatar

@Geaux what are Prosperity Ingot molds supposed to do exactly?

Geaux likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.