Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Able to equip 2 of the same ring

Discussion in 'Items & Inventory' started by runicpaine, Jan 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. runicpaine

runicpaine Avatar

Not sure if this is bug or by design but I had heard duplicate artifact rings would be blocked:

1. Title: Able to equip 2 of the same ring
    2. Reproduction Rate:100%
    3. Blocker?No
    4. Details: Equip 2 of your favorite ring (of the Lich Kind) and go nuts. Test w/2x Legendary rings
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Equip 2 of the same ring
    6. User Specs: Amazing
    So as stated, not sure if this is by design. I liked it but for PvP I could see dual ring of Lich Kind being a balance issue. For PvE it made death more competitive/viable in my opinion though it takes the tiny regen/healing you can still receive and completely negates it making life-drain spells your only source of healing, so that kinda feels like its own balance too. Like I said the bigger concern would probably be for PvP but I don't really PvP so don't know if it would be OP or not. Don't know if any other rings would have such a substantial impact to bring about balance concerns or not but figured I'd at least post it since I had 'heard' that 2 of the same ring wouldn't be able to be equipped. Double frogkin rings would offer a hefty dodge bonus but their jump bonus could be doubled by combining with cuttlekin so really the double dodge is the only concern there.

Royou, Sara Dreygon and Anpu like this.
  2. Gia2

Gia2 Avatar

I think it's intended but any official statement will clarify. It's not pvp what concerns me, it's the dual same crafting rings which boost a lot enchs/mws. Better not let it open for some hrs for lucky rushers then close in the next 1st or 2nd patch

Royou and Kryothan Ice like this.
  3. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

This has now happened, so gear crafted in this period can be made with a additional +9 to their skill (for an additional legendary crafting ring).
    Now for combat there is no lasting consequence if it taken away. But if this the restriction is added to the crafting rings subsequently, all gear created in this period will have an advantage that is worth millions of crafting XP (that take MUCH longer to get than adventure XP). This gear will not disappear when the restriction is added to the game, unlike the combat advantage.

We had a discussion in our guild about this, we where wondering if it would be better to change to restriction to NOT include crafting ring artifacts. This way there would not be a period where someone got an advantage and gear was created that subsequent player can not compete with.

If the restriction is not removed from the crafting ring artifacts, this would stop a small percentage of player having very high level gear that subsequently newer players will not be able to obtain.

This is same situation that happened when there was a problem with enchanting were you could add 2 of the same (what then then) a major stat, meaning people created gear that had more stats bonus than anyone would ever be able to make again.

Regards
    Spung

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    Royou and Kryothan Ice like this.
  4. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

For info

I think the ring slot items that affect crafting are the following :-

Maple Band (Carpentry)
    Thimble of Evelyn (Tailoring)
    Ring of Chrysopoeia (Enchanting)
    Wayland Loop (Blacksmithing)

Ring of Jones (Cooking) I don't think would be affected as you cant affect the stats on cooking products.

Regards
    Spung

Royou likes this.
  5. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Im told the success/power increase for crafting wearing a +9 ring is less than 1%, so essentially folks using 2 of these arent making gear thats noticably better than they were before.

So if its easy to do, i’d say just let crafting rings go in 2 slots. Itll not really affect high level crafting and make folks feel better about it.

Elrond likes this.
  6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

it's easier code to just to forbid two identical rings than build exceptions in for the crafting ones.

Anpu likes this.
  7. runicpaine

runicpaine Avatar

Or since it's too late now, just leave it be and balance if needed. I have a feeling coding for 'identical' may get tricky as each 'crafted' item gets a unique item id making them 'unique'. That means the system would have to do the check by name and each artifact has 4 variances in names: common/uncommon/rare/legendary. So, it would require multiple if/then checks for each and every artifact ring, both existing and in the future. Luckily in the code, socketing doesn't effect root name, otherwise that would add an insane number of variances that would have to be checked for.

8. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I would just split rings into two groups, with each being equippable in 1 ring slot. One group for combat rings like attunement rings, wisdom, brittle, gambler, etc. One group for non combat rings like jump, safe fall, , bmc, crafting, etc. You could then put crafted rings in the second category, making them instantly relevant since they would have slightly better stats than other non combat rings.

9. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

It's too late, just leave it. And put time on more important things.

10. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

As of patch 944

I am still able to equip the following double artifact combos:

ankh of sacrafice both uncommon
    ring of air both uncommon
    ring of brittle brawn both uncommon
    ring of earth uncommon
    ring of jones both uncommon
    ring of luck
    ring of the ringmaster common plus uncommon
    ring of the frogkin uncommon plus ring of the cuttlekin uncommon (not sure if this should work or not)

But I am prevented from equipping the following (as intended)

cutlass of the swashbuckler both uncommon
    cutlass of the swashbuckler uncommon plus rare
    cutlass of the swashbucker both rare (neither exceptional)
    maple band both uncommon
    pax ring both uncommon
    ring of chrysopoeia both uncommon
    ring of death uncommon
    ring of fire
    ring of the moon both uncommon
    ring of the moon uncommon plus rare
    ring of the mouse both uncommon
    ring of the sun both uncommon
    ring of the sun uncommon plus rare
    ring of water both uncommon
    sword of speed both uncommon
    thimble of evelyn both uncommon
    thimble of evelyn uncommon plus rare
    wand of static discharge both uncommon
    wand of undying embers both common
    wand of undying embers common plus rare
    wayland loop both uncommon

Please let me know if you want this in a new thread or if some of these allowed combos are as intended. And anyone who notices other combos that aren't meant to be allowed add below- I only tested the artis I had on hand.

Anpu likes this.
  11. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

My bear can't seem to equip anything! :(

Anpu and Margaritte like this.
  12. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

patch 946, same artifacts listed above still allow two to be equipped

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.