Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Ardoris - Guards waypoints are off

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by Anpu, Jan 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

01/15/2020 06:39
    Title: Ardoris - Guards waypoints are off
    Reproduction Rate: 3/3
    Blocker?
    Details: The guards at this location are trying to go some where but they for some reason cant, so they constantly try walking into the wall until a short time they then turn around to another direction and then move on.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1101.Date.01.09.20
    Area: Ardoris
    Area Display Name: Ardoris
    Loc: (-66.4, 54.4, -360.6)
    Debug: QXJkb3Jpc3x8KC02Ni4zOCwgNTQuNDAxLCAtMzYwLjU4NCl8KDAsIDAuMTU1LCAwLCAwLjk4OCl8LTM0NS4zNDk2fDQ0LjE3OTI1fDEyLjc0NzI2

[​IMG]

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report! Issue #66245

Anpu and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  3. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

Nice Catch!

I've rarely bothered to check if these bugs can be replicated, but I probably should start doing so.

Especially since half the time they are classified as "low hanging fruit" as it's a simple adjustment of a waypoint to fix them.

4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

The problem with this wasn't a waypoint fix. Here's some inside info on quirks that sometimes slip past us devs: Sometimes, when we update a game object, it loses its ability to have the navmesh be created over it. The fix is pretty easy, but it's just as easy to not realize the problem has happened until days later. This issue happened with the main dock pieces and we didn't realize it right away. The object had been fixed a while back, but the navmesh was recreated in the middle period which meant NPCs couldn't walk on big chunks of the docks. All I had to do was rebake the NavMesh to fix it (which I did earlier today).

5. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

Ah, so the navpoint was in the right place. It just wasn't getting processed properly. Yes, I've seen that before. I've also noted such navmesh bugs in the log files (via debug window) before, but rarely follow up on it, presuming they are moot and taken care of by redundancy in the navpoints.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.