Impressive (Not something I've said about SOTA in years)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Greyfox, Jan 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Having taken long breaks from SOTA and returning to see the YUUUGE improvements to performance is refreshing. Even on a very high end system 2080ti, 8700k, 32GB ram last year SOTA ran with a lot of glitching and stuttering. Yes I run it on an SSD.

I log in today and smooth as silk! Even in towns like Owls Head.

Congratulations Dev team (Chris), nice work. Keep at it!

2. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Thanks for that feedback! Very important to see this type of feedback.

3. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

My mother as well as most of your mothers taught that to give a complaint means nothing unless you can also give a solution. Thank you Greyfox. As long as I have known you you have always found a way to give solutions. Sometimes it is easier to only complain or fuss but to then go forward with a way to solve what is seen as a problem really helps in growth. When that is not done death often follows. Thank you again for you may take breaks from playing the game but you never take a break from encouraging the game to be successful :)

4. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I just recently bought a new Razer laptop and have been very excited to play more. I was already playing quite a bit, but with this new rig everything is so smooth, I feel like I'm playing a new game. I was on an old laptop with integrated graphics on fastest setting all these years, so to be able to have it playing in the best setting has renewed my enjoyment for the game.

I had seen so many complaints from people with high end machines about performance problems in the past, I hesitated for a long time to buy something new. Im super happy I finally took the plunge and glad to see others are enjoying all the improvements to performance as well!

5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Chris did a lot of good about the hitching problem. I haven't been playing much lately, but I haven't seen hitching in a while, and when I did, it was under 500ms, so it ended just before the point where it felt like my brain was being yanked out of my head.

Meanwhile, LOTRO has random hitching all the time. It does a good job of reminding me how bad things were.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.