How To Earn Gold in Game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by monochromessy, Jan 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

beetles can only be gotten from wild harvesting, not agriculture

2. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Däng.
    Yeah well I guess with the sheer amount of cotton fields all about Novia we would have far too many dead beetles ^^

Alleine Dragonfyre and Anpu like this.
  3. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

1st I've never seen it offered for 2,000+ anywhere...

I've never gotten any from agriculture...

It does not drop with agriculture, sorry to say...

I've seen it priced pretty high though: 980 per, I think someone is trying to manipulate the going market rate... I would never buy @980 per, let alone 2,000 per.... I guess rich guilds don't care what price they pay...

Barugon likes this.
  4. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

It is several releases old and there may be newer ones but these maps were made on the regular by @Birko specifically for printing. They're extremely high resolution. :) And very lovely. Hats off to @Jakub White as well, the creator of the maps we use in-game to this day.

5. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

Then you are underselling. Plenty of people with buy orders at 1,800 per beetle carapace.
    Considering the amount of people buying at that price, i doubt it is market manipulation, but maybe.

I personally still consider this undervalued. If i go and grind beetles and as fast as i can, ignore mobs (the only real use for charm animal i have found), sprint dash between cotton bushes. Then i get maybe 15 per hour on average.

30k gold per hour is not overpriced, many other activities net more than that. It is however a good amount of gold for newer players, as the power restriction to be able to do this is low.

Regards
    Spung

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    Spinok likes this.
  6. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Completely agree, once I was focused on mix/maxing igg per hour while collecting BC. Best I got is around 45-50k per hour in market price in Verdantis, and it was around max 10 BC per hour.(If I only collecting BC it was MAX 15 per hour) So lumberjacking and collecting BC seems more profitable. Som imho 2k per is a reasonable price.

7. monochromessy

monochromessy Avatar

Where can I get these beetle carapaces?

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Harvest cotton.

Anpu likes this.
  9. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

From cotton - 2 best places as I know is Verdantis Shardfalls and Grunvald Shardfalls, both PVP zones,, but as for Verdantis it is very low populated, could run there for hours and very seldom met anyone there.

Numa likes this.
  10. Numa

Numa Avatar

And just to add to the above, as an extra precaution - don't take the default entrance. Just in case ;)

PvP is in a no-ransom mode right now so it's an excellent time to farm materials in a PvP zone.

Anpu likes this.
  11. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

You don't get beetles at all from agriculture cotton. You need to harvest wild cotton to get beetles, and it's really rare from areas less than T4.
    Right, shardfalls are supposed to have higher drop rates from harvesting. And the nodes are all T5.

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  12. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

If you want to avoid PvP zone, twin foothills is a good spot, just watch out for the destroyer bear, run past that area for a while if it spawns and it will despawn. Probably the easiest tier 5 scene in the game, as there are no archers or mages, everything is melee.

Regards
    Spung

Anpu likes this.
  13. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I've never seen this high of "buy" order, let me know where and I can sell to them...

I'd like to see some hard data of anyone "Buying" at that price, only players with deep pockets will, I surely won't when I can gather what I need, passing on that kind of material cost to my customers, IMO, is not probable...

New players will never get the same drop rate as Very advanced players would, so this doesn't apply, as for "charm animals" skill it takes a lot of playtime to be effective, so again it doesn't apply to new players... Maybe you: as an advanced player could gather 15 per hour, I could never come close to that, I'm quit happy with 5 per play session and I would never consider selling any because I need my resources for my own use....

Call me a New Player after 7yrs, I'll catch up in my own time...

Numa and monochromessy like this.
  14. monochromessy

monochromessy Avatar

Thanks for the info! I'm too a New Player after a few years, even from beta testing :D

15. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

Not going to do your work for you, but I have seen many, as well as people requesting beetles at 1800 in trade chat.

This enforces my point of it is even less. Though I would argue a non advanced player can. Upper tears, down river, the bit no one goes to. Tier 4 scene with lots of cotton bushes. Avoid the middle of the flooded village with high level barbarians. Just circle around the outside.

Regards
    Spung

16. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

If you want to make money outside of the loot cycle, look for ways to save other players time with their crafting, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.