Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

pumpkin head appears out of season on "traveler" random encounter spawn

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Gadfrey Zukes, Jan 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gadfrey Zukes

Gadfrey Zukes Avatar

01/19/2020 12:26
    Title: Pumpkin Head boss appearing out of season
    Reproduction Rate:?
    Blocker? no
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce: get pulled into random 'traveler' encounter at Loc: (349.9, 19.3, 182.0)
    Area: Novia
    Area Display Name: Novia
    Loc: (349.9, 19.3, 182.0)

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

What version of the game are you using? If you use the /bug command (when on live) all this information, as well as a number of other necessary information is provided when doing a bug report. You can see a quick basic guide on how to post a bug report here if you need help with that.

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Gadfrey Zukes, did you actually see Pumpkinhead himself or just his henchgourds? it is normal for the encounter itself to be active year-round, but out of season the final wave should be more gourdsman rather than the boss. (same goes for the naughty brat encounters and Krampus.)

Sannio and Anpu like this.
  4. Gadfrey Zukes

Gadfrey Zukes Avatar

SotA.Win.64.1101.Date.01.09.20

I didn't see him but my fellow party member did.

I asked the same question because I got pulled into the encounter (by myself) shortly after theirs ended - but I did not stay long enough to see him or he did not appear. (I fought about 7-10 henchmen and then left.)

they are a low level - so maybe they were mistaken and it was only a henchman? I'll try to recreate it myself.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    Anpu likes this.
  5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Interesting. Is it possible a multiplayer instance can actually cause Pumpkinhead to appear?

6. Gadfrey Zukes

Gadfrey Zukes Avatar

I'm not in a party now and I cannot get him to appear. I fought all the henchmen until they stopped spawning. The "looming threat" message came up but no boss appeared.

I don't think I have spoken to the quest givers, so unless that is the trigger, then I think the person was mistaken - even though I clarified with them several times that he was a large boss and different then the henchmen but they insisted he had spawned.

who knows.

Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
  7. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

I just checked the Plains Road Encounter which can include the Pumpkin Head foot solders. Pumpkin Head himself appears to be turned off. He shouldn't be able to spontaneously turn back on, but please let me know if we get a confirmation of him appearing.

Also:

I love this phrase! Ha ha ha! :D

Anpu likes this.
  8. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

One should not assume they can predict the actions taken by those in the supernatural world. To do so opens you to unprepared confrontation with the dark side. It is dangerous to think one could turn off the sudden appearance of other worldly apparitions intent on our suffering.

Alley Oop and Anpu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.