Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Not able to plant in planting bed

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Rhiannon, Dec 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

I have a pristine Gothic mansion on a village lot. I put small planter boxes around the outside (they barely fit). I can't plant anything in the boxes. I have water, seeds and am standing inside the property line and it does the animation of planting but nothing actually happens. It still says unused soil.

Note: I have had this problem the past two releases. Not sure how long it's been this way.

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

3. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

Sorry Anpu. A bit out of practice in bug reporting and totally not in the loop on the Lua stuff. So I disabled Lua, problem still exists. I searched for this exact problem and don't see anything. Here is my proper report:

12/21/2019 10:31
    Title: Unable to plant in planting beds on village lot with pristine gothic mansion
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: I placed a number of small planting beds on my village lot around my pristine gothic mansion. They barely fit inside the lot markers. With seeds and water in my inventory, I won't let me plant in the beds. I get the animation that I'm planting but the beds still say "unused soil". Also note that the planting beds do not show up with the green box when I hold my mouse over it.
    Steps to Reproduce: Stand next to planting bed, use my short cut key with the seeds to try to plant.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 32674
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 GPU RAM: 8010
    SotA.Win.64.1097.Date.12.18.19
    Area: POT_island_metropolis_01_template/Rift's End
    Area Display Name: Rift's End
    Loc: (113.5, 89.0, -65.3)
    Debug: UE9UX2lzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfFJpZnQncyBFbmR8KDExMy40ODgsIDg5LjAwMiwgLTY1LjMzNCl8KDAsIDAuOTcsIDAsIDAuMjQ0KXwyMS44MzQ4NXwyMC42OTE3OHwyLjY4OTk5OQ==

Anpu likes this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Do you still have these planting beds placed at the location posted above?

5. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

Yes I do Anpu.

Anpu likes this.
  6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

When you stand next to the planters, do the planters actually show the green "box" for each planting spot of the planer (like below)?

[​IMG]

Just wondering, because a while back I was placing down some planters, but the green boxes were not showing in the planter. I had to move them until the green boxes showed up.

I did check out these planters at your home, and the "seem" like they should be working. Mousing over all the planting spots did give me the "unused soil" when mousing over each planting spot.

7. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

I am not getting the green boxes. I do see "unused soil" and do get the animation when I try to plant. I do see that when I use my cursor to grab the planter box, the very edge of it is sticking out past the green line of my property. So I'm wondering if that's it. If I can't plant because the very edge of the box is a teeny tiny bit outside my property line, why is it letting me put the box there to begin with? Maybe that is the bug.

Anpu likes this.
  8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Ok try this: move the planters slightly, until you see the green boxes come up. I had that happen once in my basement. I just had to move the planter until the green boxes showed up.

9. Yigg Endimion

Yigg Endimion Avatar

Make sure nothing is hanging over the planters, anything hanging above planters, will not be able to use those spots. This goes for all sorts of items, trees, bushes, lights, the eve of a house, statues...ect. if the overhang is high enough, it won't effect the planters.

10. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

You need to be standing within the lot to plant in the boxes. This means you need to be standing on top of the planting boxes. (You can stand on top of the boxes to plant them.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.