OCX Tools

Discussion in 'Player Created Lua Script Repository' started by Feldon Grimshaw, Dec 31, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Feldon Grimshaw

Feldon Grimshaw Avatar

i thought about it, but ... big changes coming for the loot tracker window in the next release, so i decided to just wait. i'm hoping to add in a lot of the loot tracking requests that people have asked for (you can see what some of them are in the changelot.txt underneath "reuested features".)

FrostII likes this.
  2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Feldon Grimshaw 1 suggestion (top half of pic below) and a question (bottom half of pic below).
    Love the way your tools work, individually... brilliant.

[​IMG]

Waldo Ptolomy likes this.
  3. Feldon Grimshaw

Feldon Grimshaw Avatar

good feedback. it's added to my list.

fyi - those screenshots are for the older version 1.2.6. 1.2.7 has 3 timer buttons, and shows a value, not a percent in the xp window.

Waldo Ptolomy and FrostII like this.
  4. Feldon Grimshaw

Feldon Grimshaw Avatar

Hello all. I have released a new version of ocx tools. you can grab it here:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VnIYsnhiO7EBh1bLaf997fByg27ixk0q

Main highlights of the changes:
    • performance improvements
    • rework the ui on attack details to show everything in aligned columns
    • new command: !resetdaily (reset daily counts; same as the "R" button on the window)
    • new command: !resetxp (reset the xp tracker; same as the "R" button on the window)
    • added an about window

5. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

You should not have yada yada'd past the actual installation instructions. You explained (very vaguely ) it as if it was a duh, everyone should know how to do this but we don't all know so that's my two cents. thanks. A detailed actual walk through of that part would have been helpful. at this point in time, I can't get it to work.

6. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

I have been experiences hangs of the interface for the refining skills, occasionally with version 1.8 and shroud version for windows 64 1123 I saw this with tanning, smelting. Occasionally the crafting progress bar freezes, the sound and character animation continue but the rest of the interface and steam stop button were unresponsive. When I removed OCX it stopped happening. no idea what the problem was. My computer is a beast with an intel CPU 8 cores, 64 GB ram, and a 1080Ti video card. Running a 4K monitor.

Regards
    Waldo Ptolomhy

7. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

It would be nice to adjust the scaling of the font, at 4K resolution or other resolutions would be nice. So far I have not seen any mod support that feature, it may be difficult with the current LUA not sure.

Waldo Ptolomy

8. Kelador

Kelador Avatar

Any possibility to have an option to choose if we would like real time reporting or not? Or at the very least, real time reporting options for DPS meter and the Exp window? I understand why it's delayed, some machines out there can't handle the load. I prefer the real time reporting myself.

9. Feldon Grimshaw

Feldon Grimshaw Avatar

Yes, this is a limitation of thte current lua ui interface tools available. i've done all the optimization i can to make it smooth, but the lua gui that we have available is not optimized (like, at all), and so the more things that are on the screen, the more hitchy it gets. my recommendation would be to only have the windows up that you want to actively use at any given time. so, just the dps/attach stats during a fight, maybe keep the xp on , but everything else (including the toolbar) off if you're not actually using it.

it will still be keeping track of the stats in the background even if the UI isn't displaying. if Chris exposes better UI options in the future, i'll definitely upgrade to them.

i basically batch it up for performance, but ... i will think about it. when i originally coded it, it was real time, but it did take a lot of cpu to keep up, especially during intense scenes like a control point or upper tears, etc.

i don't have a 4k monitor to test with, but i will look into how the ui looks at different resolutions. perhaps i can make some type of option (!fontsize 15) that would scale all the fonts up or down.

FrostII and Anpu like this.
  10. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

Thanks, it is really tiny on a 4K monitor at least mine. Even with 2.5 X readers it is hard to make out the text. Certainly this is a great tool, and I enjoy it's functions. Hopefully LUA will get streamlined to not affect performance over time. Thanks for all the hard work, perhaps I can get something written once the LUA IO interface is updated in SOTA

Feldon Grimshaw and FrostII like this.
  11. Feldon Grimshaw

Feldon Grimshaw Avatar

Here's a quick stab at applying a scaling factor to the drawing code. Doesn't seem to difficult:
    [​IMG]

FrostII and Anpu like this.
  12. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

Having that ability would make it readable and I could put reading glasses away.. Thanks for looking into it
    Waldo Ptolomy

13. Glepo

Glepo Avatar

Would it be possible to add adv xp and craft xp on daily stats? I would really like to follow my daily xp on both so one don't have to try to remember how much xp they had on pool when they started the xp grind for the day.

Fister Magee likes this.
  14. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I also would love a daily xp gain per day, plus a total xp used for the day.

15. Feldon Grimshaw

Feldon Grimshaw Avatar

Oh, you mean something like this?
    [​IMG]
    brilliant idea actually. i can't believe i never thought of it before! It will be out with the next release.

That one, unfortunately i don't think i can do. I don't have a way to get xp gained/used other than by doing a diff of your current xp vs some saved amount at a point in time, so the numbers i am displaying only work if you're not actually training anything.

Glepo, Anpu and Fister Magee like this.
  16. Archer

Archer Avatar

Yeah. we can only poll the current XP values and determine overall change since starting. @Atos did start working on a mechanism for providing XP changes, but he considered it too spammy for release and was trying to find a better method.

17. Glepo

Glepo Avatar

Yes, that is exactly what I meant.

18. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Not sure if this has been asked or talked about before... but when you fish, the fish you catch don't get added to the Loot Tracker. I'm guessing because you don't have to click a "loot" box to get them and they get added direct to inventory (kind of like the Oracle gold)?

19. Feldon Grimshaw

Feldon Grimshaw Avatar

good catch. was just a bug. i did some fishing to test. they'rebeing added now !

new loot tracker window coming soon ... if i could ever get time away from "real life" stuff to get the next release out the door.

20. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Waldo Ptolomy likes this.