Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Losing Items for Quests

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by TrikSteve, Jan 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrikSteve

TrikSteve Avatar

01/26/2020 21:13
    Title: Losing Items for Quests
    Character: Scarvin Marvin
    Reproduction Rate: 100%?
    Blocker?
    Details: Started a new character and went through all the quests. Multiple times I have items turn red when turning in for quests, trying to salvage, and trying to sell. Most likely the item is lost when logging out and back in. Just lost the Mayor's House Key and now the quest is stuck. Have a few quests now stuck in my list because of this problem.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz (16) System RAM: 16300
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 GPU RAM: 8031
    SotA.Win.64.1102.Date.01.23.20
    Area: Novia_R8_Hills01_Road
    Area Display Name: Crooked Shank
    Loc: (122.5, 75.7, -83.0)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjhfSGlsbHMwMV9Sb2FkfHwoMTIyLjU0OCwgNzUuNjU1LCAtODMuMDQ0KXwoMCwgMC43MzMsIDAsIC0wLjY4MSl8MjY1Ljg0MTJ8MzAuMzMyMDh8OC4xNTk5NDY=

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

You can pick up another key in Crooked Shank at any time. Check around the ground in the area you found it last time (it can appear in 3 different areas).

When items turn red, that means a synching problem happened between the server and client. If that happens, logging out and back in should fix that.

Can you name another quest you are stuck with?

3. TrikSteve

TrikSteve Avatar

Yes, but now he will not take the key or finish the quest. It's not a matter of getting another it's a matter of it breaks the quest. I have never had this happen on other characters, only on this new character like it's something new.

Another example is Bedrolls and Wheat Sacks. I had the material. Go to turn it in and it either turns red or is not movable to the window. Then log out and back in and poof the items are gone and quest still active.
    Another is Back to Daddy's Girl. I no longer have the note as it poofed when trying to hand in and now quest is stuck.
    Another is Return the Book to Nach. Same thing happened. Put the book in trade window it turned red. Couldn't remove it. Logged out and back in and gone. Went get another and tried again and will not complete now. Then when I look in my inventory after logging it's gone.

I have done these quests going on 4 times now and this is the first time I have experienced anything turning red like this and breaking the quests.

Anpu likes this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Just to narrow this down, you are seeing this while doing the Highvale Outskirts area? And Crooked Shank?

5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I took one of my characters through Highvale Outskirts and just finished the Bedrolls and Wheat Sacks quest with no problems.

1. The 3 Bedrolls and 3 Wheat Grain entered my inventory as normal.
    2, I was able to turn in The 3 Bedrolls and 3 Wheat Grain and finish the quest correctly.

[​IMG]

01/27/2020 08:21
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1102.Date.01.23.20
    Area: Novia_R6_Hills04_01
    Area Display Name: Highvale Outskirts
    Loc: (55.3, 172.4, -399.7)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjZfSGlsbHMwNF8wMXx8KDU1LjM0NCwgMTcyLjM3NCwgLTM5OS42NjIpfCgwLCAtMC43NzksIDAsIDAuNjI3KXwxMzIwLjU0NHwzNS4zODc3Mnw3LjA2NjU0

I wonder if you had just entered into a bad instance of this scene that was created by someone with a very very poor connection (or something like that)?

6. TrikSteve

TrikSteve Avatar

I"ve been able to complete some quests without issues. Randomly this "sync" error happens and items turn red. It seems completely random and logging out/back only seems to bandaid it. Going to try to finish them again to see if it will let me.

But, I ran across it along the newbie areas. One place was doing the blood river zone and outskirts. I would try to salvage items or stack and they would turn red. So started logging out and back in. Most likely when it happened the items were eaten, which could include quest items I was trying to turn in. Or it would not let me drag items into the trade window for quests. Just bizarre things happening that I have not encountered before.

Update: Mayor's House Key is now a no go. Key will not appear anymore. So definately will be stuck on this one.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

world objects are not visible to some characters but not to others, even when they're quest-related. it's there somewhere.

just confirmed it's there for me, and i HAVE completed the quest.

Anpu likes this.
  8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

[​IMG]

The keys are still spawning (in the 3 random areas they can spawn).

?

9. TrikSteve

TrikSteve Avatar

I'll try again in private. Public I looked at the usual spots and nothing. I'm wondering if this is all related to being in open?

Still won't let me do the mayor's quest even in private.

[​IMG] https://imgur.com/a/4BzbnKH
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  10. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

That's a good idea. Let me check. (Before entering the scene I selected Open Mode).

Here is the screenshots while in this scene in Open Mode:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Are you not seeing these keys?

Also, for Crooked Shank, what specific task are you currently on? What task do you need to do?

11. TrikSteve

TrikSteve Avatar

Posted the screenshot above. I give up on trying to do the quest. Just waiting my time at this point as the same result each time I try. On to the next ones.

Anpu likes this.
  12. Andrew Rodrick

Andrew Rodrick Avatar

I had the same issue a few days ago while doing Highvale Outskirts with Bedrolls and Wheat Sacks, Return the book to Nach and Back to Daddy's girl. I reported them all in game using the right click on the quest tracker.

13. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.