1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

SUGGESTION: Tamable Animated Sword(s)

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Roxefeller, Jan 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roxefeller

Roxefeller Avatar

Hello fellow Avatars and Devs alike!
    @Elgarion

This suggestion is a major class fantasy for me.. being able to summon a sword(s) to launch at foes.

I spoke to a few people in-game asking about it. They also liked the idea and then directed me to the Community/Dev streams urging me to bring my suggestion(s) to light there. Where I then was directed by Elgarion to come here to the forums and get these ideas officially on paper.

But yes, as the title suggests .. I would love to see tamable animated sword(s) come to the game.
    I say plural because some different skins would be great (ie. katana, bastard sword, zweihander etc.)

It should be easy animation work as they are simply floating swords!

Thank you for taking the time to look over and consider my suggestion.
    Roxferatu

**EDIT** After a deep brainstorming session I have come up with the best way to implement this wishlist item.
    What's great is these systems are already in place! So it's a very easy add!
    This would involve not only Taming Necklaces, but various weapons crafting too!
    How would this work? Well, to start .. add a new Innate Skill to the Taming tree. "Animation / Animator"
    What this innate skill does, is let you animate a weapon of your choice by allowing you to use the Taming skill on the weapon itself. This would be done by right-clicking the weapon from your inventory. You would still need a specified level of taming depending on the quality of the target weapon (ie Rusted, Copper, Bronze, Iron, Artifact etc).
    We're not done yet .. Take it a step further ... The stats on the weapon before it is "tamed/animated" are applied to the summon to make it more powerful. So a finely crafted weapon becomes a powerful summon.
    AND THEN ... let you even reshape the "Taming Necklace" with the different types of weapon patterns to change the look of your animated weapon!
    Of course as mentioned in a reply .. each "animated weapon's" skillset is drawn from their respective Combat Weapon skilltree (ie Bladed weapons get Rend and Coup De Grace .. Polearms would have Leg Sweep and Spinning Attack .. Bows would have Disabling Shot and Rapid Fire etc).
    As for the implementation of the summon itself and its animations .. I'm not sure how feasible it would be .. but I was thinking wouldn't it be possible to essentially create an "invisible dummy/npc" holding the weapon that is summoned? So there's no really new animation work that needs to be done here since it would just use all of the existing attack animations.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    Elgarion likes this.
  2. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

I remember these from enchanter class in EQ, they were cool and usually not that helpful in that game.. lol

I have no issue with your suggestion, just feels to me their use should be more of a spell or skill cast just from the way they worked in other games.

3. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

+1 that would rock! They have a ton of weapons that they can give this treatment too, as well, bows, axes, etc

Cirsee and Roxefeller like this.
  4. Roxefeller

Roxefeller Avatar

Right, I agree wholeheartedly. I would much prefer an entire skill tree with its own animations .. but I just thought it would be more realistic and easier to add tamable animated sword(s) rather than an entire skill tree.

5. Roxefeller

Roxefeller Avatar

Yes, my thoughts exactly! I wasn't sure if I should have been so ambitious as to include that in my original post .. but I'm so glad you brought it up!

6. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

Yes it probably would be easier for them that way. Would be cool to have fighter and caster classes throwing in there summoned animations though.

Roxefeller likes this.
  7. Mishra

Mishra Avatar

Had a skill like that for the Champion class on Dark Age of Camelot

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  8. Roxefeller

Roxefeller Avatar

So I heard that certain tamed creatures have specific skill-sets .. and I was thinking; with these animated weapons, that you could even take skills from their respective combat skill trees. For example, animated swords could use Rend + Coup De Grace or Whirling Blades etc

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    Elgarion likes this.
  9. Roxefeller

Roxefeller Avatar

@Elgarion
    After a deep brainstorming session I have come up with the best way to implement this wishlist item.
    What's great is these systems are already in place! So it's a very easy add!
    This would involve not only Taming Necklaces, but various weapons crafting too!
    How would this work? Well, to start .. add a new Innate Skill to the Taming tree.
    "Animation / Animator"
    What this innate skill does, is let you animate a weapon of your choice by allowing you to use the Taming skill on the weapon itself. This would be done by right-clicking the weapon from your inventory. You would still need a specified level of taming depending on the quality of the target weapon (ie Rusted, Copper, Bronze, Iron, Artifact etc).
    We're not done yet .. Take it a step further ... The stats on the weapon before it is "tamed/animated" are applied to the summon to make it more powerful. So a finely crafted weapon becomes a powerful summon.
    AND THEN ... let you even reshape the "Taming Necklace" with the different types of weapon patterns to change the look of your animated weapon!
    Of course as mentioned in a reply .. each "animated weapon's" skillset is drawn from their respective Combat Weapon skilltree (ie Bladed weapons get Rend and Coup De Grace .. Polearms would have Leg Sweep and Spinning Attack .. Bows would have Disabling Shot and Rapid Fire etc).
    As for the implementation of the summon itself and its animations .. I'm not sure how feasible it would be .. but I was thinking wouldn't it be possible to essentially create an "invisible dummy/npc" holding the weapon that is summoned? So there's no really new animation work that needs to be done here since it would just use all of the existing attack animations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.