Problems with QA Testing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rinaldi, Jan 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Numa

Numa Avatar

I have to agree with this. The rewards for helping to QA test is just a small thank- you from Catnip considering the effort and time put into it by the people involved.

It doesn't even cover the task of corelating related bugs and tracking the history of persistent ones.

QA testing is like air, you don't appreciate having it till it's gone.

Cordelayne and Rinaldi like this.
  2. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

It gets reset to what the lvie server is by mirroring it but they have to do that manually. each login providess you with a large sum of gold and cotos, and mroe recently 1,000,000xp per day per login to dump into stuff.

Sicne scrolls of unlearning are essentially free there, its easy to dump out all your XP and respec atm, but they mentioned possibly making it where you can just set your skills instead. Dunno if thats the plan but they were talking about it this month

3. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Thanks everyone for the thoughtful discussion.
    And thank you @Ravalox for your prompt response.

I think this sums it up for me:
    with a plan to implement:
    I look forward to these changes. Long live SOTA :)

4. MightyUnclean

MightyUnclean Avatar

I think a lot of your response boils down to a misunderstanding of the motivation of humans. If you want people to work for you -- and testing for and reporting bugs is work -- then you're going to have to compensate them for it. If you wait around for people to do this out of the kindness of their heart, you aren't going to get much of a turnout. Most people just aren't as selfless as you.

5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Even some feedback would be nice. I stopped because I had too many bug reports go completely ignored. It just wasn't worth my effort to research a bug to confirm it was real and what was wrong, etc., if it would just end up in the ether. At least a proper bug system lets you see that someone marked it WONTFIX, and you can get on with your life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.