1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Body Slam Running Man is back

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by jack102367, Jan 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jack102367

jack102367 Avatar

1. Title: Body slam not working
    2. Reproduction Rate: happens around 33% of the time
    3. Blocker? No
    4. Details: When using body slam, my toon sometimes runs in place and doesn’t sprint and slam into the target. Please note this was happening before R74.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: use skill body slam
    6. User Specs: intel i7 8700k, 32 GB ram, SSD drive and GTX1080 Ti

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Are you by chance casting the Root spell in the Earth tree on creatures?

3. jack102367

jack102367 Avatar

No, not casting root at all.

Anpu likes this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Just to clarify, you target a creature, then activate the body slam skill, and then sometimes you just run in place and the character never gets close to the targeted creature?

5. Charon

Charon Avatar

If there's anything, and I do mean anything, between you and your target you'll get that every time but it's been that way for weeks.

Numa and Anpu like this.
  6. jack102367

jack102367 Avatar

Correct.....sometimes I target a baddy and hit the glyph and I go zooming into the target. Other times I do the same thing and I just sit there ‘running’ in place and do not hit the target. I do it and there is nothing but air in between me and the target.....and yes it’s been happening for weeks now.

Numa and Anpu like this.
  7. Numa

Numa Avatar

Subterfuge's Engage opponent move has this problem too. Tried it out two days ago on a practice target in Soltown. Ended up looking very silly running in place alas.

I'll try it again this patch.

Anpu likes this.
  8. Numa

Numa Avatar

Just confirmed it by attacking the practice targets in Solace. Both Engage opponent and Shield charge have the running man in place syndrome in R74. Wasn't able to close in.

Anpu likes this.
  9. runicpaine

runicpaine Avatar

This is a bug with any distance closing ability when targeting a rooted opponent. This includes webs from a spider pet, impale from polearms, and root from earth tree (there's probably more but that's the trigger for the bug as far as I can tell with repo of 100% - 'rooted') There's probably more root effects I missed too, also happens 100% of time vs target dummies (assuming because they are treated as an NPC who is always rooted)

Anpu and Numa like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.