R73 Land Rush Status

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smack, Dec 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smack

smack Avatar

It's time for the biannual update to the housing census! If you're looking for a place to call home, there are thousands of empty property lots ready to be claimed!

Also be sure to check out the POT subforum and the Housing Rental / Free Places to Live marketplace.

Some quick metrics for R67 vs R73:

NPC Lots Claimed
    R67 - 58.6%
    R73 - 58.0%

PRT Lots Claimed
    R67 - 7.7%
    R73 - 6.9%

Brave Coast and Fons Vita are completely empty, so they likely should be removed from the game.

NPC lot claims only dropped slightly. But PRTs saw a big drop, down to its lowest levels since the land rush began at persistence.

Again, this census does not include POTs. There is a separate worksheet for POT Governors to add their info if they want, but the POT subforum is probably the best place to connect with potential residents.

R73 Land Rush spreadsheet (anyone is free to edit and update):
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14NtUg4v6YPlxNjenLQS3LdqIoU6bTxK7x15qpku3O3U/edit?usp=sharing

Land Rush stats for: R32, R37, R43, R49, R55, R61, R67

See you in the next update in 6 months and feel free to discuss below!

2. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo Avatar

Hi,
    Thanks for the update.
    what are PRT’s?
    Also does the calculations count for POT size increases?
    Since it’s a percentage total, if the overall size of the town grew and no more houses placed the % would drop?

Thanks.

3. smack

smack Avatar

PRTs are commonly known as Player Run Towns. They're towns designed purely for housing and don't have any NPCs or anything. Nobody "runs" them, like a player would for a POT that they own.

The housing stats do not include POTs.

Anpu and Scooby Doo like this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

They have merchant NPCs.

5. Numa

Numa Avatar

The more i look at PRTs the more i realize how ill-fit they are for building player communities. POTS and NPC towns are much better for that purpose - hence the low PRT occupation rates you find in @smack 's data sheets.

Might as well let the unoccupied areas in a PRT run to seed then let players setup dangerous dungeons and mazes in them

PRT's as they currently are are such a waste of content and effort.

6. smack

smack Avatar

Yeah, every PRT has a banker and town crier, but I don't remember seeing NPC vendors that actually sell items.

Well, they are all built from the same handful of town templates so it was relatively cheap for them to add to the world. So yeah, players were supposed to supply the content and services in PRTs, but the game's low player population failed to achieve that, along with the competition from POTs.

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Well, I know that Parrot's Roost has a banker, town crier, weapons merchant, magic merchant, adventuring trainer, crafting merchant and a crafting trainer.

[edit] Oh yeah, a tavern keeper and waitress too.

8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

there are a few of the oldest prts in the vale and on the perennial coast that really only have a banker and a crier, but most of them have a full set of basic services.

also, since they are simply decoed and not very populated, they're very useful for players with older machines. @Bedawyn

Sonja, Lazlo, Daxxe Diggler and 2 others like this.
  9. Numa

Numa Avatar

I just wanted to check on something I picked up on on another thread. Are accounts now limited to 3 NPC/PRT lots? Also understand that POT lots don't count against this limit?

10. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

correct but possibly being reevaluated and correct.

Anpu, Numa and Sentinel2 like this.
  11. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Hopefully it will be bumped up. I have plenty of extra place anywhere deeds. Been holding on to them hoping for a bump at some point. Plenty of land out there I wouldn't mind picking up. Without creating additional alts that is. I have plenty of alts and don't need more :)

12. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

That's how it's been since persistence.
    I've been very picky when I find an NPC/PRT lot I want. I finally got a 7th lot a few months ago, had to move one of my Tax Free deeds to the third account so I would only have to keep track on two accounts. Mostly it's been when an adjacent lot opens up in an NPC town where I already have one.

13. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

updated Silveradale Market POT Dec 1029

14. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

Updated Rinzai POT and shocked myself....

15. Rat2

Rat2 Avatar

I hope you didn't suffer. :eek:

16. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all and smack
    Have just updated my towns. Still waiting on Saint Mary's Island to be patched in after re-submission. Will update that one then. Thank you smack for keeping this updated and I am glad to see more people using it. It is a great resource if you are looking for a place to put down a roots.

Anpu, smack and Numa like this.
  17. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

Don't get rid of places that don't have people living in them. Improve them to be more appealing to new players. In fact, these towns should be set up with Inns, and then place a teleporter in Soltown that takes them to those towns so that they can rent a room. The inns should have an automatic system that allows people to rent a room in exchange for gold. Let's say 100gp per day. This will allow them to move in without the owner needing to be there. But don't get rid of towns just to do it. Improvements should be the first attempt.

Sonja, Boris Mondragon and Numa like this.
  18. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

Why would anyone do that when players have offered rooms for free in their inns & towns? As a new player it was much more helpful to be in a town that was populated than NPC towns that are empty. Now that I finished the quest and got my deed & house I decided to plant my house in that town that offered me free room & board.

Sonja likes this.
  19. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

Because they would have to find your town first. The NPC towns need merchants and amenities like the NPC cities. People, like yourself, can place their inn in those towns for new players to rent from. The Devs even said that people play this game once and then hit the road. Also, they would have to wait until you're in the game to set them up with the room. And I think giving things away for free cancels the drive for working towards something, so they get bored and move on. Make them pay for it!

Sonja likes this.
  20. Numa

Numa Avatar

All true. Make it frictionless and they'll come. Just have the automated inn charge them 500gp per week. One visit to the Oracle and they're all set for 7 days.

Sol Stormlin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.